AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. LivsiMD

LivsiMD New Member

Yes, I did. Now I just need to figure out how to run it. I've never used Wine before. Maybe you've had experience?

2. Elvando

Elvando New Member

Hello guys, is there any solution about the dedi server not showing to everyone? I am currently Running a league but some users just can’t find the server on the server list, about 4 out of 24 drivers. Even with no filter the server is not showing up in the list. Thanks in advance

3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In case you cannot find the server your looking for within AMS2, try changing the "Server browser pings/minute" in Steam from "automatic (5000)" to a lower number, 1500 seems to work well for most people.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Elvando

Elvando New Member

it works! Thanks a lot !

5. Rafael Socbzak

Rafael Socbzak New Member

I managed to resolve this using next session by changing the "OPPONENT FIELD" option to Same class. Note that at times it is changed to "ANY".

Even so, there was a conflict with my flags, so in the calculator (Flags Calculator - Google Sheets) I removed the HAS_RACE_DIRECTOR option and am using -2130050543. This way it runs smoothly and all opponents, including bots, follow the same class and can choose cars only from that class.

I'm just starting on the server, and I'm not trusting this calculator much. Something conflicts.

6. Rafael Socbzak

Hey guys

I'm letting the first pilot when entering control the lobby, so I left controlGameSetup: false for that.
    Allowing the admin to change the car and track allows us to play with mods (I think it's the only way currently).

And on this server I'm completing it with AI.
    However, I can't make the bots at a level higher than 70 (lowest level). Even with the setup.cfg set to 100 (maximum level), when starting training or changing the car it appears that this setting is "reset" and is set to 70. Since the admin, within the game, does not have access to the settings of opponents, you should keep the server settings, but it seems that they are overridden.

Even setting next session to 120 (this is due to the GUI being on a different scale) and reconnecting to the server causes the same problem.

I can only apply some higher level of AI skill if I fix the settings on the server. Is there any solution for this?

7. Rafael Socbzak

I discovered the solution. The first pilot, who will be the admin, needs to configure opponent options beforehand in a conventional lobby. So when accessing the server, it will use this admin configuration.

8. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

sometimes in a session we have a glitch on the DS and some sector are 2 or 3s faster than expected.
    Like here e.g.
    This is at Monza 2020. This times arent possible with a GT4
    jumpDS.PNG

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. LivsiMD

LivsiMD New Member

Good day! Could you tell me where in the files you can write the enabled - full course yellow ? And also where to specify MAX damage? Where to set FULL I have found, but there secondly put LOW. and I need MAX.

10. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This Bug (time acceleration) has existed for a very long time and it would be really great if it could be fixed. I've also had this error in RCO races.
    You can recognize this bug by the fact that the delta bar suddenly turns green extremely quickly and you have a sector time that is impossible to achieve.

11. drak64

drak64 New Member

Last edited: Oct 2, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

nice. Well made.
    I personally use the server manager by Emperor server.
    So i can setup the server in a browser, generate own presets , get results and other nice things.
    Just had it to install on my own dedicated server.
    Automobilista 2 Server Manager / Emperor Servers

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. drak64

drak64 New Member

Thanks. Yes, I bought Emperor Server and it works very well. I made the Excel for a friend who has a bit of trouble and this way he can do it in a moment. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. GazCBG

GazCBG New Member

Hi,

Can Automobilista 2 server be setup to run on Linux, using Wine, or does it have a native linux server?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thiago Lorena

Thiago Lorena New Member

Unfortunately no, I've seen a post on reddit about configuring it via wine and everyone who tried didn't succeed, but you can try.
    Try following these steps:

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

16. KRRTDustin

KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Was there an option to enable scheduled FCY for races which run on a dedi? Haven't found that one yet.

17. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, there is, on the race settings tab on the session attributes page

upload_2024-7-24_18-40-36.png

18. KRRTDustin

KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks! I actually found it in another way and it immediately worked for our race. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Addy_XL

Addy_XL New Member

I have it running on a Linux server just fine. You have to run it with wine and another tool called xvfb which simulates a display. It's def a little more drawn out then a windows install, but doesn't take very long.

20. viper4r

viper4r Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a native Linux DS available.
    It is described in the User Guide of the first post
    I have a DS installed on Ubuntu 22.04.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1