1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

yeah, good idea, I will install steamcmd then.

Thx for answer ;)

2. roszman

just to be sure.

you've installed linux version steamcmd and then you ran
    Code:
    wine DedicatedServerCmd.exe
    ?
    Also, did you installed linux version of PC2 trough steamcmd as UserGuide.pdf suggested?

3. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would it be possible to have customisable dates for P and Q? The times are customisable but not the dates and not all events have P 2days before and Q 1 day before.

4. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I installed the ams2 dedi server through steamcmd, using the steamid numbers that are in the 1st post in this topic, i changed to a windows server a while ago, so have to dig deep in my memory, i think i ran wine64 dedicatedservercmd.exe

• Like Like x 1
  5. roszman

when I try to run
    Code:
    ./steamcmd.sh +login roszman +force_install_dir ./ams2 +app_update 1338040 validate +quit
    i get
    Code:
    ERROR! Failed to install app '1338040' (Invalid platform)
    so it seems there is no ams2 dedi for linux, so it's impossible to install it trough steamcmd.sh.

Should I install windows version of steamcmd trough wine?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

SteamCMD is looking for a non existent Linux version. You need to add +@sSteamCmdForcePlatformType windows before +app_update

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Only if we do that for the other game modes which is possible but for the time being we chose fixed offsets as a compromise solution until such time as we are ready to look at it again.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeh that sounds sensible. I was not aware that it did the -2 days and -1 day for P and Q so it was useful information none the less. Thanks.

Is there any chance of time being spent on adding join to server via command line? I know we spoke a long time ago about this and it is on the list. Would be very useful to have it but we can cope without.

9. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, I have setup the dedi server on my other pc. It runs fine and I can see it and join from my Game PC, however no one else can see it.

I have checked that the following ports are port forwarded: TCP: 8766, 27015-27030, 27036-27037 UDP: 4380, 8766, 27000-27031, 27036

I have also made sure there are entries in Windows defender

Any suggestion of other things I need to check please

10. Roy Niessink

Are you using only a router, or a seperate modem with a router connected to it, if u have both you need to forward the ports from your modem to your router ip, and from your router to your pc ip.

when you have the server running, and you joined it from your other pc, you can use this from your server pc to check if ports are indeed opened properly:

Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router

Also i found that sometimes a modem/router restart is needed once in a while to make it show up properly for others, but that could be just a issue for me locally.

11. Petrolhead

Thanks for the reply

I am using only a router, I am on Virgin Broadband.

Now to admit a stupid mistake, when checking port forwarding I had the ports forwarded to the wrong PC, dooooh, how embaracing

A friend has just checked and he can see the server.

Out of interest whith the server running why does the port forwarding tool say the ports are closed

• Like Like x 1
  12. Creepingwing

Creepingwing New Member

Hi
    Just a quick question is it worth using dedicated server or use the online server in the game.
    Cheers

13. Roy Niessink

Yeah, it could be not every port is used constantly, dont know why that is exactly

14. Roy Niessink

That depends on what you want, for me personally i started using a dedicated server because of a few things, namely:

1. Being able to switch between single/multi class races without having to create a new lobby.

2. Ability to use a blacklist and kick possibility to keep out the people who deliberately take out others or retaliate.

3. Ability to upload results to simresults.net

Another thing is you can completely disable the race and qually so just run a long practice, that way you create a trackday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Creepingwing

Creepingwing New Member

Thanks for the info Roy might just try it and see which is best for me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roy Niessink

you are welcome!

17. Petrolhead

Creepingwing: For the casual racer the on line lobby is by far the easiest

Re the dedi I wish there was a GUI like there is for ACC plus also the ability to run server commands in the game would be nice.

PS How do you kick people?

Well I have just changed the track and car in the server.cfg file and am back to square one, I can see and join but no one else can. Also get this on the Admin Console

Untitled-1.jpg
    So I feel dedi is for people with time to mess about and the lobby for people who just wana have some fun, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  18. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

to kick "bast....ds" you can go to Status(old)

19. Roy Niessink

I think in server.cfg you have controlgamesetup set to true, so you need to go to the webconfig/session attributes and then the next session tab, setup your sessions and options, then click save next session at the bottom, your car/track is set, the current session tab will only show something when there are people in the lobby, since the session then becomes active.

If u set controlgamesetup to false in server.cfg you can enter your server from within the game, and change car/track and session options there.

Make sure you open all required ports mentioned in server.cfg, then it should be visible, remember to also open them in any firewall/windows defender that you use

20. Roy Niessink

I am using web files by Betorobson, which i slightly modified to make them work with all options, this gives you the possibility to forward to next session, restart server, kick people when you click on their name in status view.

Extract the zip in your dedicated server root directory, and change staticWebFiles: "web_files" to staticWebFiles: "web_files_betorobson" in server.cfg

This works great, and really makes it a bit easier to kick people, and advance sessions, also it restarts the race when you click next session during the race.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1