Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

PSSSSSST :whistle:

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can see you won't be here long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You missed the point. Let me be abundantly clear once again:

There is nothing that justifies having a go at others here out of frustration.

But frankly said, if it has been announced that there are wins on the MP side and that they will be communicated later, the last thing i need from you is doubling down on the topic once again in an attempt to lecture the Studio.

You don't grow grass faster by pulling it out.

And @Mev thank you, it's a team effort :)

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. andy_east123

andy_east123 Member

@CrimsonEminence I like the grass analogy, not heard that one before. I will definitely use that at work.

In this May update, the below was mentioned, almost as a casual line, but it got me excited about the possibility of a bolt-on headlight kit option incoming for my beloved JCW Mini to allow night racing...

Have I read too much into it, only seeing what I was hoping to see and then got the wrong end of the stick?

"We have also added support for various types of new vehicle lights, ranging from extra headlights to blinking warning LEDs as well as purposeful LEDs such as the P2P status lights in the Brazilian Stock Car Pro series."

Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Juan Pelizzari

Juan Pelizzari New Member

I hadn't read that, thank you very much.

6. Juan Pelizzari

I have faith in Reiza, otherwise I wouldn't be here trying to find answers.

If ams2 had a decent MP, I would just uninstall the other sims.

That being said, if you buy a car and the 5th gear doesn't work, wouldn't you complain?

I'm not trying to attack or lecture, I just want to understand that people have bought a product, paid for it, and a part of it doesn't work, so the complaints (always with respect) are understandable.

• Disagree x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  7. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But the thing is, multiplayer isn't broken to a point where it's unusable, i've been running league races for over 2 years now, 2 races a week, sure there are some bugs, but tbh most sims have their bugs/issues, in general it works pretty decent tbh.

Instead of complaining, you could post bug reports/logfiles regarding multiplayer issues instead, because if you buy a car and the 5th gear doesn't work, you will have to mention that to the shop you bought the car from as well, because if they don't know about the issue, or get a detailed description of the issue, how are they gonna fix it?

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 4
  8. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Nah, it's a common practice nowadays to spread the word on various owners forums and review sites complaining about issues.

9. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

Not criticizing you, but keep in mind that the same car dealer gives you free stuff. Not every dealer does that :)Take the good and bad as it comes.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Turtlewax

Turtlewax Not So New Member

Since the new Audi R8 is going to be part of the GT3 Gen1 class, I was curious if that is going to bring some changes to the BOP. Every lobby I join is always a grid full of 911's so it's clearly dominating the class.

One car I literally never see getting used is the Nissan GTR. I wanted to do a little bit of digging as to why that may be, so I ran some top speed tests. The tests were all ran using default setups on Daytona for a total of 3 laps per car. These were the results.
    Mclaren - 171mph
    Porsche - 178mph
    Mercedes - 175mph
    Nissan - 165mph (Couldn't get car to 6th gear)
    BMW - 177mph

After seeing how much the Nissan struggled compared to the other cars, I now see why it's never getting used. I know that no matter how much BOP is applied there will always be one car that is OP, but I'm hoping with the R8 joining the class that the BOP will be reevaluated so we can see more cars such as the Nissan being competitive.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

They're being looked at.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Burl

Burl Member

Unfortunately, the Nissan was pretty weak since its release, then if I recall, one of the physics updates made it OP for a few months, then it was adjusted to be weak again. Really hoping we get some custom BoP options some day, in whatever form that may be.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Probably another one guy who thinks that if he shouts louder things will be fixed quicker :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

And besides, they decided to buy the car knowing full well that '5th gear' had some issues.
    So no, complaining is not really justified.

(not directed at you @Enagee , but the original commenter)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. maitevel

maitevel New Member

The BOP destroys the uniqueness of the cars and makes me lose interest in Audi, Ferrari, Lambo, Aston and Ford coming if they are all going to do similar times.

On the other hand, Porsche is not the best GT3. Only an American would put Daytona as a circuit to do a performance comparison and assert that the Porsche is the best GT3 in the game.

I liked what the vastly underrated Project CARS 2 did.
    Most people assumed that the Mercedes GT3 and Porsche GT4 were the best in class.
    Depending on different factors, the performance hierarchy of the cars changed: the type of track, the temperature of the asphalt, the type of tires used, whether the race was dry or wet, the distance of the race (there were cars with slightly less tire wear or wider gas tank)....

I guess it won't be faithful to reality, but 2 types of dry tires for GT3 and GT4 would be much more fun because it widens the variety of strategies.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

All cars will handle differently, but BoP makes it so your favourite car won’t be much slower than the others. Makes racing more fun

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In a ranked multiplayer race, cars need to be somewhat balanced, otherwise you get grids with just 1 car, i wanna drive what i like to drive, not what i need to drive to be somewhat competitive, because in some classes the difference is rather big between the cars.

• Agree Agree x 9
  18. maitevel

maitevel New Member

In total there are five GT3.
    Four of them are already performing similarly on conventional circuits and this is from someone who does testing.
    And something similar happens in the GT4.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think this will be a issue, the bop probably won't be track specific in AMS2, so it's not going to be "perfect" no matter what and I would expect the times and even hierarchy between cars to change at least somewhat depending on track. If there wouldn't be any general bop, you would easily end up with one car being op in all tracks.

Also, I don't think bop necessarily would impact the uniqueness of different cars unless it's some more extreme case where the bop changes tip the car balance so much that it starts to act differently than without it (nimble car becomes a truck etc.).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Juan Pelizzari

When there are users from different countries, you can't run, ghost cars, uncontrolled leaderboard, very high netcode, green light without synchronization, arbitrary disconnections. You simply can't run, neither with dedicated nor P2P

Regarding the other issue you raise, I can tell you that yes, we have made all the observations through the user who administers the league, they are in the corresponding forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.