Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I'm generally not a fan of road cars but I really like driving the Brabham BT62.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tsumo

tsumo New Member

I really like throwing road cars around the Nordschleife in sims, but I find that the super cars, especially the Z06, have the usual weird over-steery and twitchy feeling cars in AMS2 tend to have, but without the ease of control that behavior usually brings with it.
    As a result, even though I really like the Z06 and the Brabham as the perfect midlife crisis cars for lucky and rich bastards, I don't really like driving them in AMS2 as they stand. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the reasons the super car pack is perceived (and is likely received) as the least popular DLC. Hopefully with 1.6 they'll get some much needed love.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

The racing version of it would be good for GT Open thats kindda empty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Turbo Granny

Yes theres still the fact that road cars drive weird in AMS 2, maybe its not the case in more recent versions, but I wouldnt know because I didnt drive them in ages. I think I'm getting less and less interested in supercars as I get older haha. But I remember making some cool slides with the camaro at some point. The last time I tried the Mclaren F1 GT it drove like a boat, I couldnt wrap my head around it, maybe its better now with so many physics improvements. But I cant be bothered with road cars in sims.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You don't have the McLaren F1 race version? The rest of us have it ;)

In case you can't find it, look in GT-1.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Turbo Granny

Oh come on, you know I meant the 95 Le Mans winner, but I love the GTR of course.

7. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

… because its not a road car. Its a track-only hypercar with “road” tyres. There is a version called the BT62-R which reiza could've paired with the senna to make that class more equal, but really the BT62 should have slicks and should spar with the senna gtr in their own “track-hypercar” class

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That car is good for single manufacturer race series similarly to the PCup.
    Also give a look at the interior differences between the road version and the racing version from google and see which one is currently in AMS2 ;)

9. Turbo Granny

Might be the race version in look, but lacks the most important, the slick tires haha. I liked it so much as soon as it was released and reiza had left it on slicks, after it went to road tires fun and all, but I dont feel like racing it.

10. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

I have zero interest in road cars, but to each his own. The only DLCs I didn't get are the road cars and the rallycross, another type of car that does not interest me at all.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Mev

Mev New Member

why would you care bro? lil odd

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Never said I cared, was an observation, nothing more, nothing less.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Watching the 24h Le Mans race got me even more excited for the new IMSA content (of course I know it's not the same but anyway). I really hope for more GT3 cars & I really hope that implementing the real hybrid system into the Lmdh cars don't mess up the braking for me like in Le Mans Ultimate (I can't get my head around it, either I'm locking up the wheels or I'm going waaaay to slow).
    If you see the onboard of the Lmdh cars, than they are pressing the brakes 100% for a long time without locking up, also trailbraking is not really used by the drivers in the real cars.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I also which they add brake migration

• Like Like x 2
  15. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I get this perspective. I dont really feel like we can get the best out of road cars in ams2, as road cars need roads. AC road cars work with road maps like SRP (tokyo) and highway mods. None exist in ams2.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

You at least have the mods of Azure and California

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. JensE1976

JensE1976 New Member

Hello Renato and Team,,
    I would like there to be more starting places in the race. I think 50 cars should be possible on the big tracks.
    And for more realism during the safety car phase, the crashed cars stay on the track for about 2 to 3 minutes before they disappear. You have no idea what happened because the crashed cars usually disappear immediately.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I would also appreciate if the AI cars did not disappear 2 seconds after they get terminal damage because it looks weird, breaks immersion immediately and is just nonsense for there to be nothing that would look like trackside safety taking care of an incident. At least 1 minute or so the wrecked car during a yellow should stay there.

And it is possible to have 60 cars on the track or even more but it has not been stable enough yet, but there is a work-around for it though that is a headache to get going. Video showing how it looks with more cars on track.

• Like Like x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Turbo Granny

There was a talk about increasing the number of AI in some tracks in a dev update, I doubt it get to 50 though, but hey its something. But who knows when this will happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Actually in some of the old Formula classes the cars stay on the side of the road for the remainder of the race, if they retire from a mechanical failure like in ye olde safety last days :D. I agree about the cars being visible for some time and if it can be made dynamically even better, for example if its a 2 car or a more severe crash it should be a longer safety car period, etc.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.