Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

1. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

I'm very confused about all these LFM, RCO sites. What exactly is the partnership about? Hasn't these services been able to be used before?

Also wouldn't it make sense for AMS2 just to build their own services instead of having the userbase segregated on all kinds of different sites? I realize this takes time but it seems confusing to use 2-3 different services for the same purpose.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. chonk

chonk MEP AMS2 Club Member

I don't think there's that much to read into it to be honest, I imagine the net goal is to assist these platforms in providing a more consistent service to their users, making AMS2 a viable option for MP. I think it's mostly just about developing closer relationships and making it easier to feed back data, bugs, ideas etc to Reiza. Which they can in turn use to improve things on their end. This is what has been happening with Just Race via the beta tests. Getting LFM involved is just another step in that direction, more people testing, more data, more better.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

That sounds great. If the option is between doing nothing and this, its seems like a really effective way to help them help you. Hope this will result in a better online experience!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

I think the best way to think of this is all the good stuff about iRacing with licenses, ranked races, splits, etc, but with other platforms that you don't have to rent. I spent a lot of time with RCO in its earlier days and it's great, but mostly during prime European times. LFM has more participation during European times, but more North Americans use it than RCO.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

Am I the only one thinking about the 1.6 update literally every day?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I also do

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Fatih

Fatih New Member

Me too, dont want to begin anything new before 1.6 drops

Last edited: Jun 25, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Madatek

Madatek New Member

Not me checking at least once a day to see if part 2 of the Dev Log has dropped. This is the only game that can get me hyped with update teasers.

• Agree Agree x 9
  9. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LFM has partnership with reiza to create a ranked multiplayer racing system for ams2, similar to ac and acc. We dont exactly know what this means (even in beta) but this is an official collaboration of some sorts.

There is nothing official about RCO, the creator of RCO is mad that reiza chose a competitor to partner with, and has been ranting and fuming ever since the announcement. He’s trying to confuse everyone to say that he’s official (only trust the official reiza twitter for these comms). Many people who dont follow these things closely are very confused as a result.

Edit: forgot to mention justrace as marc does below, which is best sim race organiser. It’s perfect for leagues to advertise and register participants.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Welcome to JustRace!

This service is already available. Pretty sure Reiza is happy to work with any credible service since each one has their own offering, pros and cons. LFM had considered AMS 2 in the past and made an official announcement at the time that they would not include AMS 2. Now, they are doing the opposite, which means something has changed, so they made an announcement. I fail to see how this affects any of the other services, but they are all free to do their own communicating, for better or worse.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

A feature that would be nice for any of the next updates:
    In championship mode, the game saves the state of the race weekend after training and qualifying.
    Would be great, if we could at least save this session state in single race weekends, too.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

I have never heard until now about alternatives for LFM. I have tried LFM last year with ACC and I think the concept of having a e sports league multiplayer is awesome . I'm very happy that Reiza made apparently the necessary changes for LFM to provide their services in reliable way. I would be surprised, if this is not giving AMS2 a boost among the community. I hope they are also ready to lunch the career mode this year. I believe this would also attract a lot of people to the game.

13. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think they already said career will be developed in 2025. Might be wrong though

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

I think you're right.
    Someting like an "endgame feature" :)
    But i do hope developement of AMS2 doesn't end in 2025...:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Madatek

Madatek New Member

I hope it's something like the GRID Career, where rivals and race team history is tracked. I guess it would really work since this is a series based game

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, there are lots of possibilities to make an incredibly immersive career mode in AMS2. Imagine something like the calendar in PC1 where there were other series being simulated along with yours, but on a more integrated and immersive scale, with the champions of the other series moving up the ladder along with you and others retiring, etc. One team getting it right one season and then struggling a couple of seasons after. As much hate as the ME engine gets, its very capable, PC3 even has an in game livery editor, so there is a lot of potential for a truly great career mode.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Wait PC3 has that? Does it work well? Now thats something i would want more than a career in AMS2 haha. Career mode is good and all, but I got so used to just set the race I feel like racing in the moment in AMS2 that now I wonder if I would even use a career mode.

18. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its rather simple, very much like the GRID games, here's a sort of in depth look narrated by Garth Marenghi.

19. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

There are so many options for AMS2, you could also do something similar to the F1 games if you want to stay in one series and add things like different tyre manufacturers to the mix. So for example in Group C you only have enough currency to start with the Porsche 962 and Yokohama tyres while having the option to develop parts of the car a bit after each race with different parts of the delevopments being reset/cut to a degree after the season is over and allowing you to switch cars/tyres if you can afford it etc.
    Doesn't work for all classes but for most historic classes something like this can probably work.

20. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Ah its pretty simple, I imagined it could be closer to Forza or GT7, but the option to choose rim color and tyre decal in game would be pretty amazing for AMS2, one can dream.