AMS2 - User Livery Overrides

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Rob Thompson, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Lucas Degen

Lucas Degen New Member

I've been skinning cars since Papyrus Indycar 2.. :) I even made a BAR Lucky Strike 555 skins ones...

I figured out a way to do it. Export to a transparant DDS file and recreate the orininal livery.
    I'm working on a template where I ad shapes in Photoshop so I can choose a layout, like in ACC and change colors.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  2. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

do we know if we can paint rims/wheels yet?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. KRRTDustin

KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's mentioned in the xml file if it's possible. But not all cars have that. For example the Formula V10 Gen 2 could use it or the Formula Reiza. @Alain Fry is hoping to get that. :D

4. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If only we could !:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Ikuconodule

Ikuconodule New Member

There doesn't seem to be a template for F-HiTech Gen 1 Model 4 in the OP. Does anyone know where I could find it?

6. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

It could have been communicated better but you can see MODEL 2 and MODEL 4 have the exact same shape, so you just use the MODEL 2 UV .
    20240625093317_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Rob Thompson

Any update on adding the opportunity to choose rim colors for some cars? For example F-Junior, F-Inter, Group A etc.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Quantummodz

Quantummodz Member

created a few new liverys im add to race department
    most a fictunal designs. ive been driving cadillacs recently and the standard liverys are ok but i wanted a bit of bling for my own cars.
    started after doing the mustang sampling 963 GTP livery with a DK engineering fitunal livery using the green metalic base
    aDK image.jpg
    the went on to the cadillac v series
    tried a metaliic base but ended up going to chrome base as i could create better colours
    again fictunal its gold and red chrome with a carbon fade
    alemmansside.jpg
    acadillac lemanns.jpg

the moved to the corvette DPI series
    a the cars where plain and B the cars not the best looking design but it dirves well
    i created a replica of a JPS livery black and gold
    ajps.jpg
    finally did another fictunal DPI livery ive nick named the fire starter matt base with gloss overlay chrome gold and red with blue logos this is about a bright as you can get
    firestarter.jpg

yes, creating these liverys is definatley a bit of an addiction now but the main reason for the corvette liverys is the real exisiting liverys i did no think where all that so tried to do better
    as i said when i get a sec ill post them up. if there not your thing thats all good too

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Ermanno Fiorenza

Ermanno Fiorenza New Member

Asked also on Reddit but I want to be sure: it's impossible to keep a fictional livery changing only something (like the numbers), right? I want to change only the background for them because the Reiza ones are for some reason GTE green...

10. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's a way to kinda do that. You can use tools to extract the default liveries, then change them, and then use them as custom liveries overwriting the originals.

11. Ermanno Fiorenza

Ermanno Fiorenza New Member

What kind of tools? This is the first time I've heard of that

UPDATE: someone asked that before, the tool is quickbms.exe

12. Quantummodz

Quantummodz Member

i presum your asking in general and not copying a DDS that someones work a week on to alter it and then calling it new. if its just plates you have two option you can as relayed above.Open dds file in photoshop and add a layer there you can then add your won plates "on the new layer" ensure you place then over the exisiting plates and resave as DXT5 with transparency. IF the livery has glow plates you will need to rename the glow and diff files so they will not longer appear ( they are overlayes and not part of the original body dds file your could also add create your own glow and diff plates using originals files in folder as placement templates .
    it all depends that you want to do
    whateever you do will require and editing tooll like PS or paint.net or gimp

13. Quantummodz

Quantummodz Member

what car is it for if you send me the image of the plate you want and number ill make the layer and send it you so you can replicate edit further when needed would be a pst file " just the number layer" .
    ignore me you talking about default plates not livery overrides "i think"

14. Rob Thompson

Rob Thompson Active Member

Hi F_B, sorry for the slow reply. It is still planned. We got a little snowed under with the new content so it had to take a bit of a back seat for now.

Implementing it into the overrides should be pretty straight forward, i just need to get to sorting out templates for you guys.

• Like Like x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. F_B

I don't know if it belongs in this thread, but since it's about liveries I thought it might fit. @Rob Thompson @CrimsonEminence

In the showroom, part of the right front and rear wheel (Mercedes 190 DTM) is shown transparently, so you can see through it.

Attached Files:

16. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Marcos Santos

Marcos Santos Member

I've updated my Fantasy F1 2026 liveries for the new F.Ultimate G2 model..
    Actually, I reworked all liveries..
    And most of the roster are prioritized by already confirmed market changes for 2025, without losing the 'fantasy' touch, of course..

Below are the liveries and you can find the mod at Overtake.gg, former RaceDepartment.
    (I don't want to post links since I don't know if it's allowed xD)

imagem 00.jpg
    imagem 01.jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

@ Rob Thompson:
    Could we please have the possibility to add custom helmets to Formula_Vee?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Not just Vee, many cars do not support a custom driver outfit and helmet yet.
    Brazil Stock Cars, Formula Dirt, Lotus 23, Copa Trucks, Copa Uno, Omega 1999, Chevrolet Corvette GTP, Copa Montana, SuperV8 ... if you make a custom livery then the whole driver becomes grey.
    123Comparison.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. F_B

@Rob Thompson

The merc_evo2dtm_banner does not seem to be applied in game although we have the template available. When in the cockpit there's nothing to see. I double and triple-checked my psd and also the corresponding .xml file but I found no (syntax) errors. If I do the same for the Group A BMW everything works fine and I can see the banner from inside the car.

• Informative Informative x 2