Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

So Jimmy Broadbent can drive odd cars around a death trap of a circuit

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Totally fair point, a long race in Nordschileife with GT3 is something I've been thinking on doing. But I need to learn the 24h circuit better first.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Glizz

Glizz New Member

Do it! Such a fun track for longer races, really puts concentration to the test and random weather makes strategy even more interesting. I find the AI is great on there and even better if you can get a few friends to join

• Like Like x 3
  4. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

It just needs larger grids as it can feel a bit lonely at times.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Active Member AMS2 Club Member

41st day:

Yesterday, we had several things to do. It was very windy on the track, but fortunately, the captain protected us so we could continue our work.

I did a mirror race of the upcoming WEC race at Interlagos next Sunday, and the strategies to move up the grid are becoming more interesting. For me, balance was crucial.

I see that it will be "UNREAL" haha. But now we are running "Low Fuel." The costs of this journey are getting higher and higher. Each day, I have destroyed about 3 to 4 cars at night. I pray every day that I can leave some in the garage. I will deserve a "DESTROYER OF THE MONTH" trophy.

I heard that on land, IMSA will not put their prototypes on the track. We have not heard anything from ELMS (European Le Mans Series) yet. There is a strong rumor that after the EURO game we heard on the radio, the Spanish and French fought, and the Austrians have re-entered the fray.

I hear a lot from Brazilians that foreigners do not like the STOCK CAR PRO SERIES. I believe this is a misunderstanding because even as the category modernizes, will we have a current replica of the BTCC? haha

But that's it, I might be out for a few days as we will enter international waters again, and I hope we have an internet signal. We are without STARLINK now. If you see any smoke signals, it's probably me, either driving some Argentinians crazy in the current game or breaking more cars in unknown lands.

A big hug to everyone.

P.S.: We haven't slowed down; we just have to do everything right so the fresh crew doesn't start bothering the boss again for not doing this or that. BUT IT'S NORMAL TO HAVE HATERS THESE DAYS.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Active Member AMS2 Club Member

LET'S MOVE A LITTLE: Hey, what do YOU expect from the game? be sincere. Comment below.

not worth beta tester

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

"Reiza personally appointing me as CEO of Everything" is a little ambitious so I'll just say AI and physics improvements would be lovely alongside UI/UX/QoL improvements

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Wilfrandy Ramirez

Wilfrandy Ramirez Member

For me is enough if we can make mandatory tyre compound changes for the AI, and have the evolving racing line (I am looking out the most for this one)

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

I hope we can get solid physics so that most of the people recognize AMS2 as a true alternative to AC, ACC and iRacing. AMS2 would deserve it. I hope also AMS2 will get much better AI and be the reference for single player races, career mode(in 2025) and custom championsships.
    Also for multiplayer I am very excited!

Inhope in the future there will be a new F4 and F3 snd the MX-5.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

There are 2 problems with the 24h Layout in AMS2:

1. The Michael Schumacher Billboard in the Schumacher S is missing. Such a shame!
    2. The ride height of the GT3 cars is to low, this would not be allowed in VLN or at the 24h race.

11. mikesch250

mikesch250 Member

And you always have to drive a whole lap for a valid timed lap. You can´t take the shortcut before turning into Nordschleife to start/finish. At least in qualify this would be really really helpful.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I don’t think they can adjust it per track and I prefer to have it like it is

• Like Like x 3
  13. brendanrfoley

brendanrfoley Member

GT3's are my cars of choice, and prospect of additions and better tire physics has me very, very excited. The Formula Ultimates G2 and 2024 Stock Cars feel incredible to drive.

New tracks, also. Though to be fair I often struggle to race on everything that's already in the game. But still, Road Atlanta is calling and I'm excited to create some regional GT3 championships. If only we had more official tracks from Japan.

Any improvements to AI are welcome, too. I already feel like AMS2 has the best AI to race against, but the prospects of racing against other drivers offline that behave like the real thing are very exciting.

The new shaders and visual upgrades also have me very, very excited. I'm a console convert — I race using a controller and not ashamed to admit that every bit of eye candy helps. AMS2 is already GORGEOUS, but I'm not one to say "no" to improvements or say graphics don't matter. They do, to me. And the previews we've gotten so far of the new shaders, windshields, etc. have me salivating.

I'd settle for a single new screenshot a day in lieu of Pt. 2 of the update. Just something. I haven't been this thirsty over a game in a looooooong time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

You are totally right, so there are 3 points here!
    I think it is working that you go out of the pits, reset to pits and go again and than the lap is counting. Of course you lose some time in the pits (set the pit limit high in the race options could help).

15. Xamantu

Xamantu Member

- Copa HB20
    - 80 car field
    - 1995 Laguna Seca
    - MOAR mid-2000s F1

pretty realistic, I know :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Bigger grids (if not possible all around, at least on the well known endurance tracks).
    More 50s / 60s / 70s cars ( a la RFactor Historix)
    Maybe more historic Le Mans / Can Am machinery?
    Old F1 from 50s / and early 60s to complete the lineup
    90s BTCC
    Maybe some underdog’s car models to add for F1 (80s and 90s)
    Possibility to add pre qualifying in events

But I am already really happy with current state! We can dream right?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Xamantu

Xamantu Member

Well, at least this one has already been announced. Looking forward to it as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Touring Cars car class.
    24-1.jpg
    And early 90's Opala Stock Cars

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

One of these is not like the others.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Harmoniser

Harmoniser New Member

I’m not sure I’ve been this excited about a dev update. I need to look at my life :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.