Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It will not last for a 24 H race even if they change engine 3 times during the race

2. Ettore

It's obviously good and bad at the same time. You get to play a bit earlier with the toys but it's obviously often along with quite a few things that are either heavy WIP or have some substantial issues. It's great to see things from insides but it's not the Eldorado everyone out there thinks of

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

What do you mean by this? Revving this hard is not viable for long races you mean?

4. Ettore

Very rarely in the last 30-40 years a high revving car has finished, let alone win. Except maybe the Wankel?
    Chief example the 550 Maranello which struggled a lot.
    The level of stress of an engine is more than proportional to the rpms it runs.
    To be more precise the higher the so called average piston velocity the higher the level of stress in the engine. There is a long list of engineering reasons but chiefly that average piston speed is what translates in more than proportional inertial accelerations on it and therefore stresses on connecting rods, crankshaft, all of the associated bearings and all the way up to the chains or gears driving distribution the valves and their (air?) springs.
    Those inertial accelerations happening mostly at discrete points in the crank angles (basically they max when the piston is that the top and bottom end) are also the driver for vibrations within the block and its components and anchoring supports: obviously a V12 is a lot more balanced than a V8 or a V10 but there are still 12 discrete peaks of acceleration hitting the system for every crank 360 degrees which are "fatigue stressing" the structure and the devices (bearings, chains etc.).
    It's highly not recommendable to increase rpms in a car for the Le Mans 24H especially where you are driving vast majority of time flat out at high speed and therefore at max stresses. 7.5-8k max (8k is already a lot), beyond that it is an extremely uphill battle with reliability

EDIT: the only engine I can think of is Peugeot in early 90s but it was in a context in which everyone was forced to use F1 derived 3.5L and soon Peugeot was racing without official manufacturer competition so they most likely were able to dial power to where it was safe

Last edited: Jul 20, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 5
  5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Frankly the input of the beta testers IMHO has been less in this cycle than before (not that it's a bad thing) because it's been moving at a very fast pace and I think Reiza might want to keep it more focused in house, than having many people giving different opinions and reports, causing more confusion.

It's cool indeed having new content earlier, but that doesn't necessarily make the time playing more enjoyable per se, at least in my case as I try to focus on the changes if any and if they are working as they should.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Active Member AMS2 Club Member

new text cooking.... ideas

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I've seen your point about high revving engine and I agree, but certainly they are tuning the road version of th engine down, it makes what, 1000 hp and 11k rpm? It doesnt have to make all that to race in hypercar, they probably race it at 8k rpm or something.

8. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Small tip, try English mate, if you’re serious about any kind of discussion. Google translate, and copy/paste; although your post is lousy anyway, you might even get an answer.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Jagdomatic

Jagdomatic New Member

The Alpine A442B won the 1978 Le Mans 24h. As far as I know, it was equipped with a 2.0 V6 Gordini engine capable of revving beyond 9,000 rpm. Also, the Acura ARX06 can rev over 9k RPM.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Register on a forum and this is their 1st post... Just stopped by to vent their discontent.
    No "Hi, such and such", nothing.
    No inquiry into anything or why things are "late"...
    I don't get it anymore, maybe I'm just getting old.

Edit: And then proceed to be outraged about getting kicked from said forum at some point... And complain about fanboyism on other platforms.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

12 cylinder engines at LeMans were both successful and reliable...
    Ferrari, Porsche, Matra, Jaguar, McLaren, BMW, Audi, Peugeot...

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Suffstress

Suffstress New Member

Not to mention even the 911 has been pushing and breaking 9000 RPM on NA flat 6s that're being dragged to over 500 horsepower. Not exactly F1 level insane revs, but for one of the most successful and reliable GT3/GTE cars it's certainly not low, especially next to a ton of cars with V8s and turbocharged 6 cylinders that are mostly between 6500 to 8000 RPM

So a probably ~6.5 liter V12 pushing 10 or 11k? Definitely not that crazy for a top level prototype that only has to make 670hp in practice

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mking

Mking New Member

I hope reiza release in future, a tutorials and opening Modding for scratch mods cars/tracks.

14. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Honestly, pathetic from this guy. Don’t even know what his intention was, but nobody can take him remotely seriously.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

You've left a poor impression on the community.jpg

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Derishk

Derishk Member

I mostly passed every step of the grief over the Part 2. Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. This support group helps me alot...

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Rodus

Rodus New Member

Yeah this forum is good support group. But remember it`s still 51st of June so we`re on track for that late June dev update ;).

• Funny Funny x 13
  19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Remember that he maybe meant June 2025

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Feldman

Feldman New Member

Freedom of expression is very important here. Congratulations!

It would make more sense to announce the update as soon as possible instead of leaving people speculating just to keep them interested.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.