Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harmoniser

Harmoniser Member

There is no point giving an update if they have not signed licensing agreements for new cars and tracks that they want share in the update. Licensing process is not easy and is resource intensive. It would not make sense to release an empty update, just because your inpatient. Chill and enjoy the game you have right now.

• Agree Agree x 12
  2. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

pffff.....impatient with Reiza?!
    Thank God I'm from the LFS world....best firewall against impatience.:D

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Linux From Scratch??

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you're curious, know, not even the beta people know what's coming. When we don't know, it's because something very heavy is coming. So get ready, stop criticizing and start speculating. and when it launches it will go to hell to let you know the AUTOMOBILISTA 2 is AWESOME.

Now please let the men work, because I believe that today Sunday they are working, away from their families, to deliver something very satisfactory. how I and other people in the beta dedicated our free time to building something incredible.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Iuri_Rein

let everyone know.......

WHEN 1.6 IS RELEASED, EVERYONE ON LIVE PROMOTING IT UNTIL IT GOES TO HELL

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Sounds like Reiza should hire you for their marketing strategies.

But for real, how do you announce something when you do not have everything ready to be announced yet ?? Also how do you not understand that in game development of all things, you asking a dev company to give you something right here and now, will NOT give you the thing especially if you throw a fit about it ? This is not about freem of expression, what you are doing is absolutely not having a clue how game development works. Also your freedom of expression does not give you freedom from consequences from how you express yourself.

Are you not enjoying what AMS2 is right now ? Do you need the new dev update to start enjoying the game again ? If you are impatient then just play a different game and take a break from AMS2 until the update comes out.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 7
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure you realized i mentioned the last 30-40 years. The Acura by the way never raced Le Mans

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ettore

You can make a high revving engine reliable but then it will be very heavy. Granted LMH BOP will give you some compensation but your COG will inevitably be pretty high with a heavy engine even though the total weight is somehow compensated. You are just making it difficult for yourself and very few historically have escaped this dilemma

9. Ettore

It's not about the cylinder count. Most of the ones you mentioned were not revving anywhere over 7.5k, 8k at the very best... Revving 10-11k and winning a 24H? Not sure there are that many examples even during the F1 3.5L derived period

10. Ettore

You can see how long the Alpine high revving F2 derived engine lasted this year's LM24.. Not much

11. Jagdomatic

Jagdomatic New Member

My mistake, that was 46 years ago. Indeed, I am aware of the fact that the Acura has never raced at Le Mans, yet the engine was reliable enough to win the 2023 Daytona 24H. (I know how MSR manipulated tire pressure data during the race, but the engine seems to be the main topic of discussion right now I assume.) You are not wrong though; Mercedes and Jaguar decided to compete at the 1991 Le Mans with the lower-revving C11 and XJR12, rather than the C291 and XJR14, both of which featured high-revving 3500 cc engines. Both teams knew that these engines would not last long at Le Mans.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2024
  12. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Well, your "chief example" was the 550 Maranello which doesn't rev any higher as well.

And Peugeot still had works competition from Toyota in their winning years 1992 and 1993.

13. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

They do race 24h of Daytona with pretty much perfect reliability though.

14. Ettore

Not remotely the same in terms of percentage of full throttle time in a lap for the engine and environmental temps as well.

15. Jagdomatic

Jagdomatic New Member

Well, the Alpine's "high revving F2 derived engine" was also notoriously unreliable in the F2 series. The main problem of the Mecachrome engine was not solely due to its high-revving nature; the engine was fundamentally flawed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ettore

The 550 revved between 8 and 9k which is already too high. And suffered quite a bit. They did get podiums though.
    Toyota was the only manufacturer and with very limited experience. They came in 6 and 11 laps behind respectively... Running a high revving V10 of their own.
    Note that I did not say it is impossible, but the fact that in the last 30-40 years odds are overwhelmingly against you is quite a fact.
    Time will tell is Aston will be competitive and reliable with that engine. My opinion today is it's almost impossible.

17. Ettore

Like I said, not impossible but very unlikely to make it through even less to win. There have been wins in the period of F1 derived designs in early 90s after Gr.C (almost everyone was on the same type of design though so hard for one of them not to win) but then things settled for much less rpm pretty quickly

18. Jagdomatic

Jagdomatic New Member

I presume you're referring to the 550 GTS. Was it the car featured in GTR2? If I recall correctly, the car never revved higher than 7200 RPM.

19. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Well one of the new tracks just got leaked in the FFB post..

20. Iuri_Rein

send it here so we can see

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.