Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Thank you for this information. Then of course 75% gain at the base is wrong and it should be 100% as you set it

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

OT: Thanks Manolo but for the euphoria shouldn't have escaped me (we play but for Reiza it's work and real life), but you're right about one thing, the bumps in life make you understand and get to know many good people or those who behave in a genuine way. .. this time (unlike many others) I dealt with good people, understanding and respectful of me and above all of Reiza, then thanks to them. END OT

Regarding the file, I think that now we need to slightly reduce the stretch and deformation of the tires which have softened a bit in sensation following the increase in damping (bumps and kerbs) and suspension... but let's wait the beta stabilize a while.

3. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

This file works very well with my R9 V2 my new goto file thanks for all your work

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Stepy

Stepy Member

AMAZING M8 your best yet !

5. muzarati

muzarati Member

Love your V12 the best so far :), with this V13 I find it lighter, and I don't get the same resistance or spring on the wheel when cornering under heavy load, is something I can adjust? Also is it possible to increase forces on the nose of the car? (i.e under nose to tail contact)
    Love your work ;)

6. xNAPx

xNAPx Member

What's changed from v4000? Is there a way to make the loss of grip more prominent? To feel much more that you're loosing the car?

7. xNAPx

xNAPx Member

Speaking of overheating, my simagic alpha mini overheats way too much with the latest v5000

8. Danielkart

Hello! Some things have changed. But the biggest change are the 2 files themselves, as I already announced. Take the Belt file for your Alpha Mini and you will see that it works very poorly. And it's exactly the opposite. The differentiation between the dds and belt bases is the biggest change and therefore also from V4000 to V5000. The overheating of your base has nothing to do with the file; it is more hardware related and seems to be caused by your base. I hope you can get the overheating under control

Addendum :
    Of course you have to differentiate. Is your base getting so hot that you can no longer touch it? Then you really have a problem with your base. Or is your base just getting a little warm? This would be normal for an Alpha Mini because it is quite small

Last edited: Jul 24, 2024
  9. Danielkart

Thank you

10. xNAPx

xNAPx Member

It gets ao hot I can't touch anymore. I usually change into your file the speed resistance scale from 0.6 to 1.6, maybe is related to this factor?

11. Danielkart

Oh yes, your question about the loss of grip on the tires. There are a few reasons for this. This feeling of a lighter wheel when you lose traction varies greatly between cars (physics). Personally, I don't like it when it gets too much because it makes the car unstable and uncontrollable and also creates a floating feeling. And because a simulation cannot simulate real G-forces, this loss of traction is subject to compromise. Personally, stability, the feeling of the front end not being a floating car and, above all, feeling a lot of grip on the wheel are more important to me. An additional factor that needs to be taken into account here is the different processing of the bases. A Simucube2 will give me finer and more precise static force regulation than a Moza. This means I will feel more detail and difference even as I lose traction and the bike becomes lighter. On the other hand, I hope that with the tire update 1.6 from Reiza, the (final) loss of grip will be more noticeable. This will make the FFB and driving experience of Ams2 even better. In any case, I'm excited and looking forward to it:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. xNAPx

xNAPx Member

Nut in the meantime is there any setting that I can change into your file to make it more prominent?

13. Danielkart

Now you have to help me. Do you mean this value? (velocity_res_scale ) this value is set to 0.6 in the file and should not be 1.6
    Then it's clear to me why your base gets so hot. Increasing this value to such an extreme will cause you extreme resistance and power;)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2024
  14. xNAPx

xNAPx Member

Yes I change it because I want strong resistance at high speed to better give me the impression of going through high G-Forces

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Danielkart

Yes, of course you can adjust everything according to your wishes. I hope their base survives :eek:;) And remember that there will be massive clipping with such forces and clipping always means you will lose "good FFB". But as I said, you decide it's your personal taste and you are the pilot:)

16. xNAPx

xNAPx Member

Do you know perhaps how can I adjust and increase the differences between low apeed and high speed? Probably with speed_resistance_offset?

17. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Try turning up under_steer_scale, although that may introduce clipping as well, if so you could reduce velocity_res_scale to compensate but may end up back where you started. Hope you don't mind me jumping in @Danielkart.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Danielkart

No problem thanks buddy

• Like Like x 1
  19. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here's my Hybrid Tune 3.5, hope you like it.
    Gain 55-65
    Fx 20-25

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. xNAPx

xNAPx Member

Do you know what speed resistance offset does?