Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

1. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

• Funny Funny x 8
  2. brendanrfoley

brendanrfoley Member

This is amazing, and I’m very grateful! This cheat sheet will find a home on my desktop, and this video series is exactly what I’ve been looking for. Thank you!

I stiffened the ARBs last night and squeezed out a few tenths of a second. I finally hit 2:18:XX — and it felt incredible!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. brendanrfoley

brendanrfoley Member

Random thought this morning — Road Atlanta is confirmed, and Sebring is (cough cough) heavily rumored, what do we think the third track will be?

I've seen folks mention Detroit, Mosport, etc., but those are all North American tracks. Would it be normal for Reiza to push an update with tracks based on one continent, or are more likely to see something from the Southern or Eastern hemispheres?

4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

The only track that was officially confirmed by Reiza is Road Atlanta. There is no concrete information on the other tracks, the only thing that has been confirmed is that they are part of the IMSA calendar, and that all cars will receive a tire update.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. SRS13Rastus

SRS13Rastus Member AMS2 Club Member

A mix of solutions as others have mentioned can help.
    Softening the rear dampers.
    Shifting brake bias, though I tend to avoid this one myself unless the spin is caused when pressing the brake instead of coming off it.
    Softening the rear ARB and or springs.
    Reducing rake.
    Dropping down to a lower gear and using the engine braking can also be effective.
    More often than not though I'll moderate how I come off the brakes like trail braking, instead of completely coming off them which results in a sudden weight shift.
    A more gradual reduction in pressure on the brake pedal seems to keep the car more stable throughout the process of the weight transitioning to the rear axle.
    It all really depends on your driving style too, if you prefer an understeering car the "fix" might be different to how you can resolve it if you prefer a loose rear.
    I despise understeer myself and through years of drifting I'm far more comfortable with a loose rear.
    In my case when the rear lets go? Those "drift instincts" take over and I'll typically countersteer almost instantly and modulate the throttle only in order control it.
    More often than not I'll KNOW beforehand what's gonna happen so I'm ready for it.
    To try an prevent it in the 1st place I'll downshift early whilst braking and use a touch of engine braking which makes the car squat down rather than nose dive and throw the arse in the air.
    As a result, I'm often in a lower gear through corners than those around me.
    The car can rotate faster through the turn as a result the rears begin to slide.
    I'll then modulate the gas or upshift to either manage or avoid any oversteer on the exits.
    So through a mix of trail braking, early downshifts, reaction times honed by years of drifting, throttle modulation and shortshifting on the exits, I'm able to pre-empt or manage what the car will do in order to avoid spins.
    All whilst making use of the incorrectly named slip angle through turns, plus, avoid cooking the rears into oblivion.
    How all this is used depends on the corner in question and can be completely different one corner to the next.
    You can see me using it to fairly decent effect in this vid as the throttle and brake meters speak volumes...

I'm also a left foot braker and never mastered heel and toe, never could get the timing spot on lol.
    Still don't understand differentials enough to make the most of them either but I'm working on it.
    Net result is I'm PDQ but a true alien or really adept car tuner will whip my ass any day of the week!

• Like Like x 2
  7. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Well with replies like this if I ever suffer from this problem again then it's a sin. Thank you so much!!

8. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

Sebring
    Road Atlanta
    Mosport

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

10. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

Nsfw

Lmao

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Claiton Rocha

Claiton Rocha New Member

[​IMG]
    shortly, stock car 2025

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 4
  12. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, so we go from a thumping V8, to a 2.1L Turbocharged 4cyl. Sounds like no more P2P, instead having DRS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

For me the most important thing about the 1.6 update is fixing the wet weather so that we can race against the AI in changable conditions.
    There's little point adding new content if you don't fix existing content.
    Also there are as many as 60 entrants in many IMSA races in real life, so let's hope they lift the 31 car limit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Racinglegend1234

Agreed, but your logic of “shouldn’t add new stuff before AI is fixed” doesn’t work since it’s not the same people who make the cars and who work on the AI

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

You are right in saying that but I do agree with the post you are replying to. Without sorting the outstanding problems it just detracts from the SIM as a whole.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Racinglegend1234

That’s true, but my statement still stands

17. MeadowMan

MeadowMan New Member

Is there any news on the may (OMFG) update comming this year?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

I can report breaking news that just came in: It won't be coming in May

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

It may not be coming this year. :)