The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Osasuyi Emumwen

Osasuyi Emumwen New Member

Based on Game Build: Current
    Request Title: Multiplayer Matchmaking
    Description: A first party, built into the game match making mode. Something like what we have seen in the likes of Iracing to LFM to GT7 etc etc. It can be unique to AMS2 by having each season themed around a certain decade of motorsport history so 60s for one season before the next season is 70s and so on. With a mix of classic and modern circuits to match the decade and it would be a great way to travel through motorsport history. Additionally, split the matchmaking into casual and competitive as not everyone wants to be racing with everything on the line each time.

Benefits: A structured environment for people to use the unique variety of historic content AMS2 has. Provide players a reason to keep playing the game as they compete against other people to test and improve their skills. A streamlined user experience that doesn't require new people to know to go to a 3rd party service to get a structured multiplayer experience. Lays the foundation for running special events for the community.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Request Title: Multiplayer - Pitstop Options for Dedi
    Description: Add options to the dedi that allows to alter the default "realistic" pitstops in terms of tyres and fuel at the same time, independently of car class.

Benefits:
    More interesting endurance races as double stinting becomes more viable depending on the race and track.

3. Zsozsa

Zsozsa Member AMS2 Club Member

Not the most important but „making AMS2 greater” functions:

- Assigning the on or off status of the cockpit wheel to the flat screen and VR version of the game. E.g. on monitor I never want to see one more wheel in front of me, but in VR I always need it for the immersion. It would be nice if the game loaded the assigned wheel visibility choice as it does with the different (vr and monitor) graphical settings.

I always have to face the missing wheel problem when I am already in a lobby and it is not possible to change the wheel visibilty there, I have to quit to change it. But this could also be a solution: letting the player change cockpit wheel on or off even if a race already loaded. (both single and multiplayer)

- The other wish is a bit similar to the previous one:

If someone has more steering wheel for racing (e.g. a gt style or a rounded one) it happens that he just realizes the right shape of the steering wheel after a race got loaded and he is already in the lobby. Phisically it is easy to swith the wheels but it is impossible to change the wheel preset when being in a lobby. This function should be moved so that it can be used from a lobby, too (both single and multiplayer).

• Like Like x 1
  4. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

Would it be possible to split this head movement on horizontal and vertical level?

The horizontal sway when you take corners is something I believe a lot of people call AMS 2 "slidey" it really screws your chance to see any tyre slip when you are just on the limit of grip because it already feels like you have started sliding or you can't differnate when you actually do, partially beacuse they tyres always seem to squeal.

However putting it to 0 solves this issue but then the vertical bumps makes you nauseous, I mean try driving a GT car over Long Beach and you would puke after a few laps lol.

So ideally I would like horizontal set to 0 and vertical can be 100 all that I care.
    Now I have to balance the sliding feeling with feeling nauseous.
    View attachment 34460
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Request Title: AI and pitstops ghosting
    Description: Add a option to turn off the ghosting when exiting pit lane.

Benefits: More immersion

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Add an option for crowds in TT so it doesn’t feel dead

• Like Like x 1
  7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please add brake wear and the need to change brakes in endurance races.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Racinglegend1234

I think brake wear is there

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 New Member

I would like to see a possibility to save track/car-class specific AI parameters, like the old RF2 UI had. This would solve a lot of problems with AI being to slow/ to fast / to aggressive etc. at different tracks.
    Screenshot 2024-07-16 091747.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-16 091247.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. ercerro

ercerro New Member

Would be great to have the possibility to speed up time during practice and qualifying sessions. Hopefully it can be implemented easily in the game engine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider Member

Some sort of animation or even just a still image for achieving wins/podiums

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  12. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

This might seem silly - and it's certainly of low priority - but I would love to see an option to select between track attendance states for practice days (and perhaps time trial as well), i.e.: Empty (no spectators/marshals), some attendance (i.e. practice) and full attendance (qualifying/race, grandstands filled and track marshals everywhere).

• Agree Agree x 7
  13. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I really hope there is a weather forecast coming in 1.6 or later.
    Had a real weather wet start race at Le Mans where it started drying up so I stopped for dry tyres and by the time I exited the pits it was pouring again-race over.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Please a option for VR users and single players,

One thing is driving me nuts, its the ghosting in pit lane, everytime i risk a heart infarct as a AI pass through me.
    are we babies that cannot behave in pit lane really ? and if that wasent inough, the ghosing is extended to the first part of the track...common Reiza, i think we are old inough to behave and go out of pit without problems, furthermore, it kills totaly the immersion !

So at this point i think it would be good to have a option "ghosting on/off " for single player and VR users.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Nserto

Nserto New Member

Based on game version: current

Request Title: Custom Championship AI Deep Tuning

Description :
    Add the ability to drive in ONE car (e.g. select Vintage 1 with just the BMW for us but also the AI drivers) on the tracks, we still don't have options to do that, so the racing options simple included this parameter.

Also be able to modify the number of AI cars during multiclass (Let's go back to the Vintage 1 example; in a race of 20 AI drivers, I want 7 for the Corvette and 13 for the BMW, the same, if I want to mix Vintage 1 and 2 together, I would like to have the possibility for example to put 5 mini, 3 lotus, 6 corvettes and 6 BMW)

Advantages:
    The personalized championship will have a considerable amount of interest, by leaving the complete choice to the players, they will be able to recreate situations as they wish, currently I feel limited in the choice of a custom championship, it is necessary go to the maximum of the player's choice, he will be very satisfied, also note that many racing simulation games offer this option from the start.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. araujooaoj

araujooaoj New Member

I found some bugs that I don't know if they've already been reported but I'll mention them here because these bugs kind of take away from the immersion of the game.

1 - Sparks don't appear on opponents' cars apart from F1 cars and I know it's been updated recently but it still needs to be improved for them to appear more realistically, it's a nice feature that adds realism to the game.

2 - BMW M4 GT4 in third-person view there is a second seat inside the car and in first-person view there isn't one.

BMW M4 GT3 the car is very detailed but the engine compartment is just a PNG.

MetalMoro AJR GEN 1 the car models don't correspond to the type of engine they have and the engine isn't well modeled.

17. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

There is a bug thread for these

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

18. pr07

pr07 Member

Choosing different point systems for each race in a custom championship. What's the point of having both the endurance and sprint V8 Supercar point systems if you can only use one of them? Also, easy way to make double points for the LeMans 24h if you want to do Endurance.

19. Ruby

Ruby New Member

It would be very nice to have both the clicks and the rates show in the setup menu, not just one or the other.

20. Racinglegend1234

Why?

• Dislike Dislike x 1