Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

To be honest, i am happy to wait, but i would not indicate any time of the year, as he said is still in the schedule to be release by summer 2024. Now...i don't know if he war refering to the update itself or to the dev note.

2. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

I am pretty sure he was referring to the 1.6 update itself.
    The point is that being compliant to a timing plan, or providing a timing plan (being it for a piece of paper or for a software update), is really not amongst Reiza's strengths.
    They just take their time and the needed time, which IMO is a very good thing, but yes the down-side of this is that the community tends to lose momentum and enthusiasm a bit, especially the newbies (but I swear also the senior members sometimes)....
    but trust me, all possible methods to develop and update software comes with its drawbacks.
    e.g.:
    A) iRacing updates every three months sharp, and this is good because it creates hype which is then satisfied at a precise time. it keeps people there and continuously aiming for something new (precisely hinted by iRacing team members here and there...), but on the other hand the updates are very often quite scarce and then in the end there is 1 major update + 4-5 hotfixes during those 3 months to fix things

B) f1 franchise, a new game every year, with 90% content the same as previous year. honestly, I hate it.

C) rf2: software updates when they are ready, but communication/dev updates sharp every month (at least this is what happened till last year, then I stopped following). Also in this case, you know you will read something on a specific day, but often what you read is "work-in -progress" and in the long time it is quite useless....

TLDR: Reiza time management is "sub-optimal" and they are very capable of exposing people nerves........ but in the end it their way of doing software is probably the best way out there.... go Reiza go!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. _Diego _

_Diego _ Member

Guys, I was analyzing Renato's posts, and he said that seven new brands were licensed, and that they were looking for a few more.

“we have struck a very exciting new partnership with IMSA to feature most if not all of the 2024 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship represented in AMS2, and it is partially (but not exclusively) in pursuit of that target that we have signed new licensing deals with no less than seven premium car brands, with a few more still being pursued.”

then he said that 1.6 still had some polishing to do, and some "license papers" were missing.

“preview and we have some bits still to polish on our end as well as some bits to get licensors’ approval before we can go live with it.”

and finally now he says that "opportunities arose and needed to be made the most of”

while opportunities arose and had to be made the best of. In sum, a typically hardcore Reiza crunch month :p

so ladies and gentlemen, I am very confident that they closed more licensing agreements, I have faith that they closed two more in addition to the seven already confirmed, and perhaps this one be the reason the development update is
    taking longer
    Sorry for my English, I have to use Google translate

• Like Like x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Mirko Pricoco

I 100% agree with you. The way Reiza work is amazing and also i love the way they release the update, only when is fully working or with some minimum bugs which is ok. The only thing i would say is to write "stay connected for further details" instead of giving a turnaround. Then give the turnaround when you have everything packed and ready to go. My one is not a complain btw, just a note for them. For the rest i am happy to wait and play what i have. Also i am playing AC now arrangin the WEC championship.

• Like Like x 2
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Didn't know it could be even more unforgiving than now, lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Emptyjar

Emptyjar Member

I was at Road America yesterday for IMSA and boy oh boy did that make me even more hyped v1.6.

I cannot wait to get my hands on these cars in AMS2 with the update physics/tires! I am torn between “be patient and let Reiza cook” and “GIVE IT TO ME NOWWWWW!!”

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Cool graphic, thanks for sharing

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mirko Pricoco

Same here! I am between "make a carbonara" and "make a norma"
    Ps. only for south-italian people

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Mirko Pricoco

I had a night race on AC yesterday and i have noticed how is perfect in terms of lights and reflections. I hope Reiza can learn from it as the headlights reflections on other cars are still too far from what they should be.

Also i can't wait to enjoy the new content with my cokcpit!

upload_2024-8-5_15-38-25.png

• Like Like x 3
  10. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Nice.
    Are you using some PP filters (reshade or Pure or others)? Or is this vanilla AC?

I am very very interested in these "new shaders" on AMS2 as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mirko Pricoco

I have downloaded the CSP filter from that patreon account who's got the rain fx.
    I use only that and the "movie" filter which, i think, is already in AC.

12. Mirko Pricoco

13. Djurre Vandieleghem

Djurre Vandieleghem New Member

Couldn’t Reiza just give us a new updated 1.6 car every week, until the big update drops. There are currently already 2 cars ingame with the new physics, so why not give us a few more.
    I would imagine that there are a lot of cars that are pretty much final, and could just be dropped in the public steam version.

Plz do it @Renato Simioni
    :D

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Better to do it all at once IMO

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

As a beta member: No, there are none :whistle: 'tis but a preview.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Can read my mind the man!

17. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Not really. It's not like Reiza changes a few lines of code and call it done and move on the next car, the process is more complicated than that. There's a lot of testing and sometimes even after being put in the "final" list some cars receive more fine tuning (AI is also fine tuned to work properly with new physics changes).
    The 2 cars in the public build aren't final versions, they are a preview of what is coming, the latest beta version of those 2 cars has some changes that makes them even better imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  18. Rodrigo Dutra

Rodrigo Dutra Don Perina Racing AMS2 Club Member

19. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The GTP class is filling up nicely!

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I like the implication of "first of several"... possibly implying, presumably, an A110 GT4 and an A524 in the works too?

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.