Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

What is the shortcoming of the current consoles anymore ?!? The specs it has are better than my current PC, and i am playing AMS2 at Ultra and locked 75 fps (my monitor refresh rate) .

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I never said it was an either or thing. I'm saying that it's better to focus on being good than being popular. If Reiza's workflow and way of doing things is raising the quality of the sim (which it has objectively, compare 1.2 to 1.5, completely different game) while being financially comfortable then why change it? Especially when the potential benefit is MAYBE being more popular, which only helps when it comes to the amount of money being pulled in from people buying the sim and DLC's, an area where Reiza have publicly stated they're doing very well in. Meanwhile the downside would be pulling devs like Renato away from their actual job more often so they can post updates here, which ironically enough has the potential to make the waits between updates even longer which is not good when it comes to engagement.

Making any change is a risk, so you have to look big picture and see if the potential upsides vs the potential downsides and the only people who truly know all the variables in play are Reiza. If they feel a change is needed because the money from their playerbase is not enough to sustain their vision for AMS 2, then they will make said change. They will look at all the potential solutions and figure out which one will fix the problem the best. However that is currently not the situation Reiza is in, there is no need to come up with a solution to a problem that isn't effecting their ability to make AMS 2 the best product it can be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also please let's not start the PC vs Consoles BS. It's so silly, people will play what they want to play. Reiza have stated in the past that console versions of AMS 2 aren't out of the question but for right now, Reiza are focusing on PC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Let’s talk about cheese instead

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 isn't great on controller but AMS1 & ACC work really well with my Xbox 360 controller (I use precision steering, realistic assists, manual transmission). The default controller setup sucks for both games but both work really well after I change to my custom controller setup.

6. Djin

Djin Active Member

The communication and marketing of Reiza may not be the best, but I really appreciate Renato's dev blog and messages on the forum. The last thing I want is a regurgitation of PR nonsense by a community manager who doesn't understand half of what he's talking about. I much prefer unfiltered interventions from the boss and being able to communicate directly with him.

However, better communication on social media through announcements or trailers could be psoitive, but I think that no one here wants to lose this direct connection with Renato.

Amen, this PC vs. console debate is even more pointless than the sim vs. sim debate.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. depapier

depapier Member

Yep, that's why no one but single indie devs do this. Everyone in game industry knows how important it is to have a community/pr/marketing person who does this, while devs concentrate on what they do best without being distracted.
    Anyway, I've made my point, and while it's disappointing that forum locals are like "nah, please don't change a thing" (kinda like iracing fans who insist that everything is the greatest ever), it's also expected and understandable.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Maybe dont start with that your first day here...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I love playing it on the wheel but sometimes i just want to relax in the couch and play a racing game with a joystick, but AMS 2 is really hard to enjoy that way sadly. And I forgot my GT7 copy in another continent and I dont want to expend 60 euros on it now haha. So my only option for some relaxed racing is FH5 I guess.

I tried it on my PS5, it was included in the sony plus gold or whatever, so I gave it a try. But it really sucked with a controller and I wasnt sure it had many options to customize the joystick settings, so i just forgot about it. But i guess I could try again and mess around with the settings.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

I think I remember during AMS 2's early days, (renato?) said that they would consider a console port once they considered the game to be in s completely finished state.

This was a while back though, during the lockdowns.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

And Project Motorsport!

I wish other racing sims were close to AMS2. I don't play iRent b/c too expensive; RF2 takes too long to load and car quality varies; RRE is so sketchy, some tracks are great, others the fps is torturous; ACC is just weird. I love AMS2 but a bit more variety out there would be cool.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

I think Stock 2024 with the 1.6 tyres has spoilt me and now I really dont like others classes in this game, so I am going to quit the waiting game and go back to LMU which after a few updates it performs greatly. Looking forward to 1.6!!!

13. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

I recently tried everything to make it decent at least, but there is no setup that work noticeable better ( lowering steering speed will make it like driving a bus and thats not fun in racing game obviously :) )

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. John Istead

John Istead New Member

Couldn’t agree more! Renato seems to be doing an excellent job. Any bickering on this forum can only lead to him losing interest eventually. I believe when he is ready to release 1.6, it will work pretty well straight out of the box, the last thing we want is another EA WRC!
    Can I suggest another car type update. Australian Supercars are great, & the current cars used are only 2, Mustangs & Camaros. They would be great & not that difficult?
    Renato, keep up the great work, I for one really appreciate it, & am sure many, many others do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Dev:
    optimizations for each targets needed.
    Lack of computing powers compared with high end pc.
    Cost of console dev kit or license,
    Requires review and approval by console company before every release.
    Hard to maintain save file and migration.
    Compatability issue with new version.(potentially)

User:
    Limited display equipment(Number of displays, VR, ultra wide screen resolutions..)
    Only few sim rigs supported.
    no sim hub.
    Paid online membership needed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Consoles are fine for what they are, and they always have been. Plug 'n play, no hassle... Since the 70s or so.
    But I think for people that are maybe not quite right in the head(like me), and insist on 4k ultrawide at mostly 144hz, and sometimes triples, and VR when it's not 1000° here.... For them there's really only one option.
    Add to that many of 'us' are a wide sim audience, meaning we enjoy flightsim(new release November this year), trucksim as in ATS/ETS2, and a whole host of racesims and this way we can have one system that does it all.
    I've literally also made my rig in such a way that it can accommodate all this stuff...
    Every couple of years a discussion flares up that usually vehemently claims that PC gaming is dead, and it's all gonna be consoles and cloud-based gaming and what not.
    I mean if you look at the GPU market right now, or the last couple years. Mid-range lackluster products that exceed the price of an entire Playstation with some nice peripherals and a game to boot maybe?!
    You know what, maybe it's dying!:D
    Fact remains I've been hearing it for 25+ years at least.
    I think both have their markets and should continue to coexist, but it's not up to me.
    Last console I owned was an original Xbox, the big one!
    Guess that tells which side of the fence I'm on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. depapier

depapier Member

It's the other way around actually, despite insane prices for pc parts, consoles are more or less dying with xbox on its way out.
    That said whether screen or vr - GT7 looks exceptional. And in 4k as well. Also.. doesn't have any anti aliasing shimmer but has ray traced reflections.
    But then again it's just a mid range pc with tech, games and peripherals developed specifically to work with each other. Kind of a dream for a dev, unlike the nightmare of putting the pc game in shape what with the myriads of components, standards and peripherals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

This is why I observe the discourse involving this stuff from a distance with some popcorn.
    Let's see what "dies" first...
    Of course for the PC market to really die there's a gazillion manufacturers that have to lose interest or go chapter 11 or something. I mean they're so widely used outside the gaming-sphere.
    And you can do gaming on an old corporate Dell machine and plop let's say a 5700xt in there and be perfectly set.
    Whereas with consoles, two big players throw the towel for whatever reason, then what?
    Still I feel bad for everyone that isn't sitting on a million bucks and are in the market for a new GPU or something.
    What do we even tell them at this point?
    It's gonna be fine, you got 2 kidneys? Dear lord!
    Edit: I think what's sometimes forgotten a bit is that upgrading isn't a yearly or even bi-yearly affair for a lot of folks out there. Stagnation is real and a lot of the new tech is improving efficiency, not necessarily outright computational prowess. You could hold on to your setup for 5 years and be fine depending on what you use it for.
    I think that's a pretty huge plus right there.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I never gave any tought to the Alpine in AMS 2 because I was only expecting stuff from IMSA, but boy am I hyped for it now... And i cant wait to see how the LMDH drive in 1.6.

b9fb92086472045b9d41f89f53477e44.jpg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.