Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I would choose the more family friendly grid girls, but you do you

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I don't see any of the reasons you mentioned as to why AMS2 should not come out on console. Limited display equipment ? Most people i speak with use a 16:9 display anyway. Few sim rigs supported, which ones are not ? Cost of console dev kit license .. i am a customer, why should i care again when that cost is covered by the game price itself ? Lack of computing power, really ? My PC is weaker than a PS5 and yet i run AMS2 on Ultra at 1440p. So yeah would be nice to eventually see a console r elease once AMS2 reaches it's finish point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Claiton Rocha

Claiton Rocha New Member

It's not that simple, developing for console is different from developing for PC, it's not just buying a dev kit and running it, it's kind of innocent to believe that's all it is. For example, on PC we have 3 operating systems on the market, Linux, MacOS and Windows, if it weren't for Steam and the Linux community with Proton and Wine, there would be no games for Linux, just as there are no games for MacOS, there are even but it is infinitely smaller than what is available on Linux.
    For the console there are many things to consider, the OS is not the same, the hardware, although specific, works differently than on the PC, so much so that ACC itself takes a few months longer to release DLC on the console.
    Also consider that the volume of players is much smaller in AMS 2 than in ACC, that is, it is worth developing for console, or it is worth improving the physics, pursuing licensing and including new content.

Sorry for the bad English.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Zandvoort is indeed the track I’m missing most in AMS2, especially the old Grand Prix Legends version…

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. pr07

pr07 Member

What? Anderstorp is coming too?

6. Racinglegend1234

:whistle:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  7. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry to disappoint, but it's not Anderstorp but rather Svampabanan Tomelilla. Any RX track with "mushroom" and "banana" in its name is perfect for the upcoming Mario Kart DLC.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. stealthradek

stealthradek Smooth operatooooooor AMS2 Club Member

There were paint (and metal) strippers in beta :whistle:

Don't ask...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

About AMS2 on console: I remember watching a video a few years ago where Renato said the focus was to develop AMS2 on PC, if they ever decided to release it on console it would probably be late in AMS2's development cycle.
    That makes sense to me, do all the physics development, include more content, implement career mode, implement proper gamepad support, then release it on console.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. XavierM3

XavierM3 New Member

Hello everybody it's my first message though I've been reading the forum since the beginning. One of the only things I liked on PC2 over automobilista was the UI. It was my first Sim and might be idolizing that font and elegant blue menus but I liked them over the red and white in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Marcelo Valezi

Marcelo Valezi New Member

12. Marcelo Valezi

Marcelo Valezi New Member

Gostaria de saber sobre o lançamento da V1.6 pt1 e pt2, me parece que está atrasada, estou certo?
    Qual a previsão de lançamento?
    Obrigado

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  13. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

So... I just learnt Indianapolis for the first time. It might be my new favourite track!!! can't wait to try the new LMDhs round it and replicate a full IMSA season... Anybody else a fan of this one?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I hope that the physics of the AI get an overhaul with the update. Right now, the AI are way too fast on slicks in wet conditions with open wheelers, driving like on rails whilst player has to fight for grip.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

I'd be surprised if this doesn't get fixed as it's one of the biggest complaints people have, including me.

• Agree Agree x 10
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

As this AI behaviour is there since years, I only hope that it gets fixed someday.:whistle:

17. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

I also liked the menu music.

"Jackie Stewart said that Brands Hatch is the most challenging track in the world..."

18. ang3l

ang3l New Member

How likely is the chance we'll get modern GT2 as a class in the future with the new car licenses coming in? It'd make a great addition for the GT roster, and it could allow crazy multiclass stuff like GT1-GT2-GT3-GT4 lol

Seeing the current homologated cars, I think it could be likely since Reiza already has the licenses for most of the roster.
    • Porsche 911 GT2
    • Audi R8 LMS GT2
    • Mercedes AMG GT2
    • Brabham BT63 GT2
    • Lambo Huracan GT2 (Assuming we're getting Lambo on the IMSA update.)
    The only ones missing would be the KTM and the Maserati but with just the mentioned above we would have a pretty hefty roster anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Racinglegend1234

Isn't the old GT2 class turn into GTE? The cars sound amazing and I’m trying to figure out what they were

20. John Istead

John Istead New Member

Hi guys, I think Renato is doing a great job & just wants to get 1.6 right before he releases it. We don’t want another EA WRC do we? I am looking forward to it as much as anyone, but stick with it Renato, I would prefer to wait a bit longer to get it right first time, or as near as.
    One request for future cars, current Australian V8 Supercars, current Camaros & Mustangs, what does everyone else think?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.