Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

IIRC they wanted to update the track mesh last year, but let’s see if that happens this year

2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure. It could be my old age and problems focusing up close that is getting to me. I agree that it's worse in iRacing.

3. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

Regarding mirrors in VR I believe LFS has the best ones. If anyone hasn't tried yet, those are great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. s4t

s4t New Member

They are stereoscopic. I forget whether there is a graphics option to enable it though.

As an aside, there is also an option for stereoscopic mirrors in iRacing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Majestic

Majestic Member

Why is there no part 2 yet? AMS now has a great chance to occupy its niche in simulators. While LMU is raw and unplayable, ACC has already become boring for everyone, Forza Motorsport has failed, and the main competitor AC EVO has not yet been released, but can enter early access at any time. Such a chance cannot be missed by upgrading, an urgent release of LFM is needed, all efforts must be directed to its support, only it will attract many new players, the game does not have competitive online racing with a rating. With licenses, new cars, etc., you can wait. Now it is much more important to release 1.6+ LFM right now, when there is a complete calm in simulators. If the upgrade lasts until September-October, then AC EVO will certainly cover all the success of future DLS. Who will go to play Ams when the main player on the market is EVO. The trailer of the game, where only the inscription AC EVO is written, has already been watched by half a million people. She will collect everything online if she is successful, and there is every chance of that. So the increase needs to hurry up with the release of 1.6. The sooner the better, I hope Renato understands this :(
    :(
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2024
    • Dislike x 8
    • Informative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

You see many russian post here?

Renato already told us why..

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Racinglegend1234

IMO AC EVO will be for modders and AMS2 will be for the people who don’t care as much about mods. AC EVO could be a success, but it could be a “AC 1 was much better”. IMO Reiza shouldn’t focus on AC Evo’s uncertain quality, but focus on making AMS2 as good as it can

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Majestic

Majestic Member

I am a fan of AMC and wish her success, my task was to convey my thoughts to Renato if he suddenly reads

Last edited: Aug 10, 2024
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. Racinglegend1234

It’s easier if we all keep to one language here IMO (I know you didn’t ask me, but I assume my two cents are what the guy would say)

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Maybe its really disrespectful to post in a forum where the common tongue is english...

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When someone is posting for the first time in this forum, give them the benefit of the doubt and don't assume it was disrespectful.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Majestic

Majestic Member

Sorry, it was the browser's automatic translation that worked.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Racinglegend1234

Easy mistake IMO, sorry if I came of as rude

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, maybe we should have more tact when dealing with situations like this. It makes all of us come across like arrogant ***holes. We can ask people to use Google Translate without being massive d*cks about it.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Usually I try to stay out of discussions regarding release dates, comparisons to other sims, etc.

But okay, I'll bite today.

Imagine you have found a fantastic recipe in a cookbook. You buy all the ingredients, prepare everything and start to cook. So far so good, right?

Now the approximate time it takes is given in the cookbook. You only need to cook the ingredients for a set amount of time at a certain level of heat, and usually not much longer than that. Makes sense, right?

But now comes the seasoning part. Maybe you forgot to add a spice earlier in the cooking process? Or you want to achieve a certain type of flavor, but have to be careful with how much spice you add at a time. Let's say this is a Sunday family dinner, and everyone's gathered round the table in eager expectation of a delicious meal. You don't want to disappoint them, do you? So you take as much time as is needed to achieve the desired result.

Having to wait longer on an empty stomach sucks, I get it. But do you know what sucks more? Getting served a meal that has hours of love and hard work put into it, only to have it ruined by missing the right amount of spices. (And just for the sake of this argument, let's assume only the chef can get the seasoning right because no one else has access to their closely-guarded spice stash!)

What I'm trying to say is that 1.6 takes as much time as it takes. I would say that a large part of the necessary work is already done - the groundwork, so to speak - but there's still bits and bobs that need tweaking, polishing and fixing. Now I can certainly only speak for myself here, but having just finished another session with the Beta I am absolutely positively sure that the end result will have been well worth the waiting time. :)

@Majestic Welcome to the forum, by the way! Please don't let the somewhat rough reception sour your image of this community. This forum is made up of great people, even if some (most? all?!) of us are just a little too passionate (and hotheaded) at times. :D

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  16. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

GT3 gen 2 bop is based on IMSA just like the LMDh

17. Racinglegend1234

And tyres too IIRC

18. adri84dj

adri84dj New Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't understand why people are so impatient for the update. Let's be sensible please. It's not going to be the first or the last update that we're going to receive from Reiza. More will come later. 1.6.x, 1.7.x, etc.

There's no point in asking every now and then when will it be ready? It will be ready when it has to be. One week, two weeks, one month, two months, six months... They will release it when they consider it appropriate.

Leave the guys at Reiza alone so they can work comfortably. Otherwise they will be under stress and that's not good.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

But we have so much fun coming here and talking about it... ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I'm watching Brazil endurance now and it makes me wonder why P1 have unbranded tires in AMS 2, they use Pirelli in real live, maybe some licensing stuff?

• Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.