Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sorry, but isn't the start of the autumn general worldwide and on 22nd September? o_O (edit: in northern hemisphere I mean)
    Or do you mean the weather got bad and rainy already... then it's the same in northern Europe

Last edited: Aug 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Begfgbgdb-bxf

Begfgbgdb-bxf New Member

Here we are 100 pages, well done guys !

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Oleg Kaban

Oleg Kaban New Member

Now we are worthy!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Keeping to the endurance theme of 2024.

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

FYI
    It related with coordinate of sun.:rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Member

Someone has to lower the expectation here. People should be prepared for bad scenarios. I have no doubt about that the v1.6 will be awesome. Just doing Renato a favor :) We will get some new good games in september (i hope so). Playing them gonna be nice while waiting the v1.6

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, in Australia, seasons are recognised to officially start on the 1st of the month preceding the astronomical season commencement. Our spring starts September 1st for example.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Statistically. Major updates in Reiza take an average of 140 pages.:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. MH-S81

MH-S81 New Member

If that’s the case then I’d expect a dev blog imminently considering there is now supposed to be 2 more before the update drops. We’ve got around 6 weeks until the end of Sep and both dev blogs need to be spaced apart from each other and obviously there needs to be a gap from the last blog to the update itself

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

So does it in europe…

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Here in Finland it's based on temperatures, it's called thermal season.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@AllocDK How about you just chill out on the dislike button? You've been here just over a month and you've already racked up a K/D of over 1 a day. You get that that is actually farcical right? That's why I disliked your post above. Just to illustrate how ridiculous it is. I mean it's almost arbitrary.

I've been here 3 years now and in that time I've dished out 11 of those bad boys. Which I'm pretty certain is already in the upper end of the "ragey" scale. Maybe you need to learn to internalize some of that indignation. We're not on reddit now, ya know? Maybe just for this month try to limit yourself to one every two days and see how that feels. Or you could always mix in the disagree button instead just to spice things up a little. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2024
    • Like x 6
    • Agree x 4
    • Dislike x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  13. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

I play in VR and Yesterday i did an LMDh race in Canada yesterday and a V10 gen2 race just after at Long beach....Im loving the product as it is right now! The 1.6 is just a bonus...i get the feeling when i read the comments here that people are waiting for the update rather than playing the damn thing! Are we forgetting how fantastic this game is right now? Goddamn, look around at all these other games. They can't lace Reiza' boots right now in terms of VR optimisation, and Ive tried them all! Anyways its off to interlagos tonight....20 laps with a pitstop in between.......let them boys cook,man...jeez!

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

VR is indeed amazing but i do hope that the reported bug with sparks rendering only in one eye has been fixed because it looks very bad when you drive F1 cars and the sparks from the bottom render in a completely wrong place.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  15. WizL94

WizL94 New Member

Exactly my thoughts!! I am a gamer since over 20 years and tried all kind of genres but in all those years I have never had more fun than in the last 6 months after I started with sim racing. I had bought a Quest 3 to play Half Life Alyx but never even started it because I spent every minute I can (which as a working family father isn't as much as I'd like :D) in Automobilista 2. Before I tried a lot of 'casual' racing games (NfS, Forza, Grid) but those never really grabbed me ... I never knew what I was missing! Now I am turning into a real 'car guy', watching on-boards from different races, following F1, learning about the history of diffenrent tracks and manufacturers ....

Long story short: Thank You REIZA for opening up this amazing hobby for me. :hurrayreiza: And thanks for tunring 1.6 into a free update and not a new game - as Renato said: That's what most other game studios (are forced to) do.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. MaCross

MaCross Retro Racer

I agree for the most part, but it can also be frustrating being wrecked by the AI again and again. I'm mostly using the single player part of the game, especially open wheelers and it is very time consuming to get the right AI level for the different cars and tracks. Even if you match their lap times, they always are slower in the corners than me and on the other hand accelerate faster and have an insane grip while braking. More often than not, they are only able to outbreak me dangerously into corners, leaving me the choice to evade and possibly not making the corner or they just ram me out of their way. Having damage on, that's usually race over for me. These problems are even more exaggerated in wet conditions as you all know.
    So yes, while AMS2 is one of my most played racing sims, it's also the one I quit in frustration the most before finishing a race. I am hoping that these aspects are being adressed in the beta, cause that is what I'm looking forward to the most - racing the AI on more equal terms. Even more so than the upgraded physics.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Next time when you will try to race the AI can you please record a video ? Especially moments where the AI takes you out because i am having the opposite problem of the AI being way too passive and giving me room when i do not deserve it no matter the AI aggression levels.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

For me it’s the same, they tend to be conservative on wet. Also, the AI don’t “read”the conditions of the track quickly enough, so this gives me an advantage over them. Ex: I had a 30 min race in Donington National, partial sunny, but with wet track for race start. Everyone started on wets (correctly), but in 10 min track was drying fast, I changed my tires to slicks, and whole field kept wet tires for full race. I was gaining 6 to 7 seconds per lap, this should have triggered pits stops on AI. This was playing with real time, no time acceleration. Hope this improves on 1.6, as variable weather scenarios makes for interesting races.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. MaCross

MaCross Retro Racer

I can do that, if i remember. I see your problem with the AI in long aero-dependent corners for example Road Americas Carousel, where I can overtake 4 or 5 cars on the inside, but i guess that's rather an AI path problem. My problem is with heavy braking zones before 1st to 2nd gear corners, very prominent in most corners in Long Beach for example, first and last corner especially.

20. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Fair enough, I usually play at 100 difficulty and set the aggression to medium for tin tops and low for open wheelers and thats challenging for me cause im not that good anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.