Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. depapier

depapier Member

Mate please stop suggesting other vr headsets I just returned PSVR2 and now finally settling on Quest 3 :whistle: Now you're making me lookup that arpara. I feel like with VR and simracing particularly there's always a feeling that grass is greener somewhere else haha

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Tell me about it m8

keep on telling the wifey to stop me spending more on this hobby

she is too kind and supportive of her hubby hobby so it ain’t working lol)

but yes this arpara with his defaults of course is my best headset to date, you can’t beat micro oled and high resolution

• Like Like x 2
  3. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Being passive-aggressive is not going to solve anything now, is it ? I on the other hand do not understand the experts who are not AMS2 devs saying "Doing X is too hard for the dev team so they should not do it" and similar responses. It is only for Reiza to say what can/could/should be done, players should suggest whatever possible to make the game better and honestly a racing simulator should simulate things around the track too, i don't think it is an extreme thing to ask.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

I understand that some people like graphics discussion. But I find it so boring.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. BobbyB

BobbyB Member

Anyone know how quick the new LMP2 cars are gonna be compared the the P1 Gen 2 cars?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Member

The AI was better than now when i play the game first time if i should be honest. But right now their current behavior is that they hit you as if you were not there. And there is some other problems about it. Probably it has the best ai in the market but it is not the best version of itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TomLehockySVK

What difficulty, track, car, aggression level, do you also happen to have a video of them hitting you ? It basically never ever happens to me and i have the problem of the AI giving me room and giving up positions all the time.

And the best AI are still in F1 22 / 23, SRX The Game and World of Outlaws: Dirt Racing, AMS2 AI is just way too passive no matter the settings and higher difficulties only make them faster, not smarter.

EDIT: And not really sure why someone dislikes my opinion when i can just show videos what the AI in those three games is, and also show what the one in AMS2 is lacking.

Or how this happens at basically every Monza 91 race start with the AI crashing themselves out, Monaco is really not much better either. Cannot call this a good AI experience .
    20240810230253_1.jpg

Last edited: Aug 14, 2024
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe the AI skill value should also act as a modifier for [some of] the AI attributes described here? Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2

Unless it already does that, I wouldn't know. Also, that would probably be a pretty large amount of work to implement and balance if it's not there yet.

9. SpaceYam

SpaceYam Member AMS2 Club Member

Another 'floaty feeling' remark... Honestly I've never had this in AMS2 and I'm absolutely convinced it's related to FFB settings - because I never even understood what people were talking about until it happened to me in Assetto Corsa when I was trying to find good FFB (still haven't, but at least the floaty feeling has gone away).

I have to say your experience certainly differs from mine, but then I tend to just throw a lot of time at the car until I get used to it, no matter the game.

I don't have an iRacing subscription nor will I ever - is there perhaps a (free) car available in rF2 that I could compare to? I do have a Formula Ford I can compare to

10. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Slightly OT (although I think 90% of the posts in this thread are OT). I just bought "SRX Racing" on Steam. The game is great fun. Quite the surprise hidden gem if you ask me. (maybe it was only hidden from me :) ). Just wish the stadium trucks had jumps.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

Will the AI also be affected by these tire changes?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ercerro

ercerro New Member

To me the AI depends a lot on the car, for example with the caterhams they're slow on the straights, so much that I have to use the lower fuel usage setting, while in other cars, like m1 procar, '24 stock, they're quite good. I always play with max aggression by the way and yeah sometimes they take you out, happens a lot with the jcw minis.

13. MrShroom

MrShroom New Member

Hey I've had this question for a while and why not entertain you guys with it :)

So as far as I understand, how hard you can brake is limited by the amount of grip the tyres have - if you try to brake harder than the tyres can deal with, you lock up. So why then is it that engine braking helps me in stopping quicker? Is it just because I am not braking well enough with the pedal?

The way I look at it, if engine braking helps me stop quicker, that means there is still tire grip available, which I also could have harnessed through the brake pedal, no?

14. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

I dont play iRacing anymore, I dont like the physics :D and it is harmful to my wallet.

An alternative would be Radical SR3 XXR professional mod on Assetto Corsa. Much faster car and with downforce, but in slow turns it has grounded, snappy feel that I miss in the current Formula Trainer.

• Like Like x 1
  15. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

If update 1.6 is a month away, we may have news from @Renato Simioni this week. A few months ago, I had a conversation with @Renato Simioni about the UI. He asked me what in my opinion was missing and I told him that maybe something more artistic, playing with the backgrounds, showing videos on those backgrounds depending on what you have selected in the menu...etc. Personally, I love the refined aesthetics and the way that the Gran Turismo saga has of showing the vehicles, their history, the context in which said vehicle was launched. I'm very curious to see what the Reiza team have prepared for us.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

Do the AI cars only ever use soft tyres? The only way you can know which dry tyre compounds the AI are using is with cars that use colored tyre compounds- (red for softs, yellow for mediums, white for hards)
    I've tested with the Formula Ultimate cars (Gen 1 and Gen 2) and Formula USA cars, both in qualifying and in race and the AI only ever use the red tyres, never mediums or hards. Will this be fixed?

• Like Like x 1
  17. TomLehockySVK

I was told the AI has a universal slick tire compond. No such thing as soft / medium / hard for them.

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. Djin

Djin Active Member

I find the aesthetic of the GT7 menu to be very refined and minimalistic, it's clean and beautiful. I also appreciate the historical sections with trivia about the cars. I also like the profile page with all the statistics of our career, I know AMS2 has something like this but it could be more detailed.
    However, I don't like the ergonomics, sometimes, it's a pain to change tires or switch the selected car. You often have to juggle between different pages, which can be a chore.

As for AMS2, I'm not too fond of the look of the UI and the font, it feels like a game from the early 2000s, at least it's responsive (unlike a certain LMU). I wish there were more filters and a way to easily access a list of favorite tracks and cars. But above all, I hope that Reiza won't remove existing features like Studio 397 did with LMU.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

Ok guys, good news for everyone!!! :D
    I've just had a looong chat with the Vatican and they said the dev-update will be released end of this month! So keep on pray guys!!!:p:p:p

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  20. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

To be honest i reather not have a complex menu where i need to deep search things. The menu now is very simple and intuitive. A new UI will be nice but not complex. At the end of the day it's a sim game, so we have to enjoy the race not the menu!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.