Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neto Soares

Neto Soares New Member

Where is the Mineirao Circuit?

2. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

As far as I know they are working on it. But we have to be patient, they are doing a lot of stuff for 1.6 apparentely.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  3. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

According to Wikipedia:

Question answered. Next! :p

(On a side note, caught some of yesterday's stock car race on that track. I'm not a huge fan of street circuits, but somehow this one reminds me of the Norisring... Would be cool to have in AMS2.)

• Funny x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  4. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

The F-Inter has its place. I love to drive it using a H shifter and clutch in small tracks. Last night I had a race at Snetterton 100 (the tiny one) what an experience that was!!!

And the Inter 1.6 must be quite a lot of fun.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Majestic

Majestic Member

Tomorrow the 70% discount on AC and ACC ends. Kunos are holding a final sale before the release of the EVO. Most likely, the release into early access will take place at the very end of August. If this actually happens, the window of opportunity will be closed. As I wrote about this earlier, time is not on AMS's side. Yes, loyal fans will continue to play it, etc., but the main community of sim racers will no longer go to LFM + 1.6, but to AS EVO, it’s very disappointing and sad that Reiza missed such a wonderful opportunity. It's already the end of summer and we haven't even received Part 2. I would really like AMS2 to take a place next to ACC, IR, but it's too late... :(
    upload_2024-8-18_9-51-42.png

• Disagree x 20
    • Dislike x 4
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The F-Inter does have its place, but as you write, it's best on smaller tracks. In Multiplayer, many less experienced players want to drive on familiar tracks, which often means F1 tracks that have straights where the F-Inter can become boring. As long as you're draft battling with another player the F-Inter can be fun on those straights, but not if you're stuck alone farther back in the pack. Then the manual disconnect rate from the race is quite high.

The F-Trainer Advanced is placed nicely in performance between F-Inter and F3, but because it doesn't have downforce one has to be extra mindful of weight transfer (needs trail braking and maintenance throttle), and it's not as beginner-friendly as the F4 cars are in other sims. Therefore, I share the sentiment of the previous posters that there is room for an F4 car between the F-Inter and the F3 and that it would be nice to see such a car arrive sometime in the lifespan of AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

With how we have a Vintage F2 car, would be nice to also have a Retro one too:
    March722-Peterson-Thruxton1972-600x300.jpg
    And a Classic one
    tlm0324ja08.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Spoiler alert but not every existing sim racer on the planet has interest in the new AC, or iRacing, or whatever other sim racing title is on the market. Frankly i don't even know what AC EVO would have to even offer for me to consider it. If the first gameplay they'll show will be just yet another GT3 racing at Monza / Spa then no thanks. If the AI will be abysmal just as the original AC then double no thanks.

So far with what 1.6 promises to bring i do believe it will be another big boost in player numbers with how much the feeling of the cars will improve, especially if the current and already using 1.6 physics F-Ultimate Gen 2 and 2024 Brazil Stock Cars are anything to go by, it will be BIG. Not even counting for AI improvements that have been hinted at, new tracks, cars, and who knows what other secrets are in store that will again vasty improve the experience. I am also looking forward to the UI overhaul that is long overdue.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 18
  9. Jojo Pagani

I think Kunos themselves are fedup of GT3 cars and having to use an external engine for ACC. So the new engine itself is going to be very interesting.

If the new engine feels something special with really good car handling from day 1 even if it has just a few cars, it could be a really nice thing.

Majestic post is overdramatic but he is not totally wrong AMS2 1.6 needs exposure, needs Dave Cam, MuscleGamer and certain streamer that I dont want to name to talk about it. And ACE is going to take all the headlines for sure.

AMS2 has had a weird development journey. After 3 years building a game Reiza admited there was something wrong with the physics. Thats wild. I am here because I was not really a fan of the physics but I was curious about the game and it is great to see how everything finally gets in place, but I think the headaches at Reiza must have been massive

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

AC Evo will never have an AI like in AMS2… as far as I know two of the best Devs left the company… I think they will mainly focus on Multiplayer…

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

Let's see if we'll reach 150 pages here before the dev update drops

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Don’t say it because now that you’ve said it we will actually hit it

13. Majestic

Majestic Member

AI is needed by a very small number of players. The basis of sim racing is online racing. Iracing has no AI at all, yet several tens of thousands of people play it. In 2024, online, rating races are important. Evo will probably have its own rating system, but it will also be added to LFM when the time comes. They will not focus on the GT3 class, because there is already ACC for that. They will focus on other classes and civilian cars. This is clearly visible from the screenshots. You can dislike my posts as much as you like, but you will soon see for yourself that all the people will switch to EVO. Even if it is crude at the end, it will be completed by the end of 2024...

It may seem to you that I am a fan of AC, ACC, etc. No, I am just a fan of AMS. But I criticize because I feel sad for the missed opportunity. Everything had to be done to release the 1.6+LFM at least in the summer to get ahead of the EVO. There will be tens of thousands of people at the start of the new AC, and they could go to LFM Ams...
    upload_2024-8-18_10-47-39.png

• Disagree x 35
    • Dislike x 4
    • Funny x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  14. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Maybe its time for you to step back and do some read up on the topic you are about to talk about….

Iracings AI is really good from what i have heard

• Agree Agree x 18
  15. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tbh if your gonna post something like that you need to get your facts right, iRacing has AI, and one of the best available according to a lot of people (no personal experience)

• Agree Agree x 16
  16. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

You may want to consider saving the sadness for a little later? AC Evo has no confirmed release date at the moment and the promo phase consists of the name reveal and a few screenshots, which is equally as much as we know about GTRevi- erm, Project Motorsport. I do not think there's anything pointing to a late August release here.

Also, even if it did, 1.6 is just not done and they can hardly release an unfinished product, so it's not like they're making a deliberate choice to delay here.

In addition to that, your assumption that offline doesn't matter is precisely that, an assumption. IRacing does have AI, but apart from that, what the player base wants differs from game to game. Frankly AMS2 has never had reliable MP but above average AI, so many people that play this game do it for the offline experience.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Jojo Pagani

iRacing AI is not as entertaining as AMS2 but it is more realistic yet they dont feel like a zombie bot parade (im looking at you ACC).
    I am a terrible driver and I would preffer to have an AI I can use to get better. AMS is not that good for that (but I have a great time with it)

18. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Ya reckon? I disagree.

Like every major racing sim launch that I can think of in the last 20 years, I expect AC EVO to be underwhelming and lack content. It will be a year or 2 after release, before it gains momentum.

What do you think will be different about AC EVO that it will be able to immediately convert most sim racers over to it on day 1?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 9
  19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Most people will probably just try AC EVO for less than the refund time and then stop playing it since it probably won’t have the same mods and features as AC. It takes time to make a good product so I think AMS2 has years left and won’t be killed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

AC Evo may go on to be great, but it won't attract tens of thousands to move over from AC or other games quickly. So I present, the First Month Comments on AC Evo Bingo Card:

[​IMG]

And if other games do multiplayer great already, can't we have one that focuses on being the best offline, single-player racer on the market? Overtake did a poll recently where they clearly expect MP to be a big winner but people saying they're predominantly or exclusively SP won by a huge margin.

• Funny Funny x 20
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.