Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. depapier

depapier Member

Sales schedules have nothing to do with release schedules whatsoever. They're usually just tied to seasonal sales of other games and price changes, like reductions. Whenever ACE will release it will be barebones early access that will sell very well, but whether the players will stay with it after one week is a big question. In other words maybe everyone will buy it and no one will play it. And if it's again a hotlap simulator with multiplayer than I'm out, because AC has so many mods to hotlap. This is actually the main problem for Kunos. The main competition is not Iracing or anything, it's their own previous game which is so popular only because of the mods and content manager. Years and years of content. Good luck solving that.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All this hyperbole, blimey...windows missed, missed chances?

Evo will take numbers just from the sheer fact that it'll be new and shiny, but people who "main" AMS 2 / ACC / LMU ect won't suddenly drop their sim of choice just because there's a new kid on the block as Evo won't be giving them what they like (at least not for a long while.)

EA Evo release at the end of August? Nope.

You might get a teaser with a *possible* release date announcement at gamescom this week as I've already mentioned on my twitter, but that's it and those that know me will know that I tend to be right about these things. ;)

Just carry on enjoying what you like. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

hmmm...the pre-update descent into madness seems to be reaching its peak...good...yes, very good...

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

A lot of people will be angry, but Kunos should not be bothered by them. At this point AC does not make much money I guess.
    They have to focus on the engine. Something that feels great straight away even though they only have a handful of cars to start with.

5. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

I honestly believe that AC Evo will never be as popular as AC. The amount of mods AC has will keep it alive for years to come.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

I guess what has been said has been said - it's recommendable if we may move on now. No reason to assume anything about an unreleased title, it's not worth it and no value in assuming what the next patch might be to late to be or not.

Cheers! :p

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Y
    You know Discord bot says “we hope you brought pizza “ to everyone eh …

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

One of these is not like the others. Because it describes my state of mind perfectly

9. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Source: "Trust me bro", or just search "Assetto Corsa" on YouTube and of the 250 results i got, only 2 of them had "online race" in them, the rest is offline driving with mods. And i spoke with plenty of people who only race AMS2 against AI too.

Source: "I have no idea what i am saying but i will try to sound clever", iRacing has AI for a few years now and more series has AI added to them regularly. And i do not understand why do you want less of a game and no AI when that only brings more people to a racing game and possibly have them try online eventually ??

While i agree online is an important part of a racing game, it is not THE most important because many people prefer racing only against AI and never touch online, simply because it allows me to choose any car, on any track, with any weather, in any combination of it all with zero complains from anybody. And i do not have to be frustrated with someone's terrible server settings that AMS2 open lobbies usually have like automatic pitlane car control or no mechanical damage.

I criticize AMS2 for a LOT of things but all of it is worked on by the devs one step and one update at a time. What would releasing ahead of EVO change ?? People who want AC EVO will get it REGARDLESS of what AMS2 or iRacing or any other game has, heck if it will be something different than yet another generic GT3 Spa game then i will have a look too, even if AMS2 is my main game. Only time will tell how player numbers will change with 1.6 and with AC EVO but i would recommend you stop looking at AC EVO that had very little information released like it is the second coming of Jesus, usually that overhype leads only to huge disappointment.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  10. TomLehockySVK

They will not focus mainly on multiplayer because they said mod support is going to be there day 1, which means they literally cannot in any way shape or form not add proper AI to the game, as a huge majority of people that use mods drive against AI, not just hotlap .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In response to Majestic, the launch of AC EVO will certainly not be a mature product; it will be inexperienced and in the early stages of development, lacking features and content. Therefore, even if it hypothetically launches in the near term or by the end of 2024, it is likely to be a relatively undeveloped initial release.

From the perspective of physics and vehicle dynamics simulation, if Kunos presents AC EVO once again with an "empirical" tire model, as seen in previous installments, and does not evolve it—thus using a simplified simulation method—then it can be left on the shelf. I’m curious to see if they have had the strength and courage to use a "physical" tire model, incorporating an advanced dynamic tire model into their simulation, something neither AC nor ACC has. The physical tire model requires an enormous amount of development and time, especially to fine-tune it for different track conditions and vehicle types. Therefore, I want to see how far Kunos is willing to push this. Lastly, we’ll see what kind of Live Track features they are able to offer.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

They said they wouldn't have mod support day 1 and they are looking at some sort of quality control and options for future.

13. TomLehockySVK

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think no matter how you feel about the AC Evo, there will absolutely be a place for both it and AMS 2 when it releases. Both can co-exist and be successful

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

I ONLY race single player against the AI. I have zero interest in the "chat roulette" of online multiplayer (blokes showing me what massive cocks they are).

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Moderators,

how come all this AC discussion (bs) on our AMS2 forum, have these posters no respect? :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's fine to discuss other racing games, but i hinted at you guys that we don't want a "this sim is better than my sim" contest. :)

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

thanks guys

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No thanks. They can keep playing AC and iracing.
    No need for reviews from occasional YTers who have not used the sim in 6 months and barely know what's new in the latest release. In simple words: they don't know what they are talking about.
    They can keep going their way.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've always said it, sim "X" is no better or worse than sim "Y" or "Z"...they're just different.

There's no "one sim fits all" out there and to be honest, I'm glad there ain't...just be glad we can to what we currently can with all that's available out there as back when I 1st encountered racing games in 1977 things wasn't as good to look at or as fun to play!

sddefault.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.