Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a general reminder that physics developers, track designers, vehicle modellers etc. aren't necessarily competent in network and multiplayer parts.
    These have a development focus aswell in current update cycle, done by the people that understand something of it.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Majestic

Majestic Member

Sorry, but you guessed wrong. If I needed iR, I would post on their forum. I need an AMS with ranking events;)

3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Frankly the general tone of this forum is getting a bit annoying with anyone who asks for MP improvements. We get that so far AMS2 has been more usable for people that prefer SP parts and because of that there are very active and numerous SP guys writing in here, but at the same time I think there should be some space left for people who are looking more for MP usage to express reasonable expectations without being attacked and bashed every second post by SP users who are afraid that spending time on MP will detract from SP development.
    It's just poor men's war to pit one scope against the other...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's the thing, Reiza ARE focusing on both, as we speak. When people complain that multiplayer should have a bigger focus, that also means that they think other areas of the sim should have less focus.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Trying to attend all the MP tests in the beta has been practically a part-time job for the last couple months.

(Which does not mean that they've only been going for a couple months. They've been happening for a lot longer, just gained more intensity.)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

There's plenty of that sentiment and no-one raising any issues with it.

However, the last couple of pages have been replying to, and mostly disagreeing with, a post saying "AI is needed by a very small number of players" and implying that it shouldn't be a focus. There's a big difference between subjectively saying "I'd like to see this feature" and an objective "this thing I want must be the focus".

Personally, I have little interest in MP. That doesn't mean I have an issue with people requesting MP features.

• Agree x 16
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  7. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

I mainly race against the AI and are now up to where i can race against them at level 100 and win. I have never been an online racer.

For me, i am now preparing to give LFM a try to further improve my racing skills

• Like Like x 6
  8. T.Ives

T.Ives Professional Dilly Dallier

This is similar to me. I'm at like 95 now, once I can beat and compete well with 100 AI then I will go into online more.
    Its how I've always been with games. I played so much aim practice against bots in Counterstrike before going into ranked games and when I did I demolished the low ranks with no tactics and aiming alone.

9. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk lizard people run the FIA

Ironically right now racecraft is basically a free version (kinda) of iRacing. I'm enjoying the idea that officials server can fill out a grid of AI if there's less people or no people online. Grid Legends does the same thing.

LFM will practically be a free iRacing added to AMS2 but it is an extra step that folks need to go through to get online and we'll lose players in that transition.

I hope it's a success. Currently on Steam AMS2 has more daily active users than rF2 or LMU but really pales in comparison to iRacing which is 10k+ players at any given time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I firmly believe that a big portion of the player base is there for Nascar as there does not exist a modern online alternative besides iRacing. I was there for 3 years for that experience and it was amazing, truly no equivalent especially with how great it looks and runs in VR with all existing current tracks that are also laser scanned.

The other big group of players are certainly on for the endurance races that allow driver-swaps.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

Why dont you give it a try in racecraft.online? It is not much more different than whatever LFM is going to be and you will get some multiplayer experience. Even playing on a empty race against AI you will be forced to practice clean races, which is something you cant really experience offline with the "restart event" button is very easy to click.
    Being in the middle of a pack of cars, even if they are AI, and knowing that the server is listening for incidents gives the game another dimension.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Im going with LFM

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Kartu14

Kartu14 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Or the Alfa DTM 95 in the next update of Raceroom?

14. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

mmmm it sounds like you are afraid :whistle:

15. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk lizard people run the FIA

yeah I complained about features being brought out too slowly for LMU recently on their reddit and have uninstalled it today. Still too many online features for iRacing for me to abandon it. Pricing aside.

Driver swaps is a big one. The "official Le Mans game" still doesn't have online endurance races with driver swaps. :rolleyes:
    I hope AMS2 on LFM thrives and it doesn't become a repeat of rF2 where it gradually turns into a ghost town and LFM abandons it. Looking forward to more AMS2 online.

16. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Naa i know enough

17. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I think Renato's older response can be applied to this too.
    454ntitled-1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure why claiming a bit more focus on something that objectively has paid little dividend has to be taken as saying that SP should be disregarded. Why is that SP users feel like a bit more attention to MP is in competition with SP? It seems like SP users have this never ending fear of lack of attention (which objectively has not been the case on AMS2) like 3 years old kids as soon as mom looks at the older child,
    I don't voice much about MP, I play both (mostly SP atm) but honestly the echo for every post requesting more attention to MP (and undoubtedly AI/SP has made more ground so far than MP) requires a barrage of posts to make sure that doesn't come at the expense of a single minute on SP.
    From a "third party" standpoint it is almost comical now

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. T.Ives

T.Ives Professional Dilly Dallier

Full damage and no restarts in championships! but yes I might give it ago soon thanks

20. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

Will check this forum for part 2 update when finished Black Myth: Wukong, if this thing don't fry my 3060Ti.

Hope I can ride a dragon using my wheel.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.