Automobilista - October 2017 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2017.

1. DaveS78

DaveS78 Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah, thanks for the correction!

2. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This 86 season would be great for release in the current AMS as official content (rounding out the best selection of more modern f1 cars in any sim) or as a mod if necessary. Of course AMS 2 would be awesome if it moves in that direction.

Can a modder leverage what Reiza will put in the beta from Niels for the regular version of AMS?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

It shouldnt be difficult to do that using the F-Classic engine, it will all be set so that all you need for a mid 80s engine is to increase the pressure cap. In fact as per opening post the cap will remain open to 4 bar in the initial Beta release for those who want to play with it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello everyone, before ending the development of the AMS, will you update the Interlagos chiquene?

5. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

The AJR is great news.

Any chance the AI swap button (mapped in controls) or driver change (in pit menu) could be activated/improved so we can use it for offline endurance races? The AI button is activated in AMS but the AI speed is always very slow (100% I think, regardless the level of the other AI). It does not look so complicated to fix and it would add a lot. I love the fact that Project Cars does that, but AMS is better in every other way…

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni as you have the source code of the engine now, is it possible for you to make an option like... "Only show virtual mirrors, no real mirrors" like in iRacing? Would be an fps gain for me...

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That would change nothing, 1 mirror cause same fps drop as if you have all mirrors ON
    You can test it.
    Best thing you can do to save fps with this is to use a lower resolution mirror file. The ones Reiza use are too big

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Two simple options: the same AI level as you have set for the other AI, or a level you can set yourself (that might be a closer match for yourself). But if we only have one/no choice, it should be the same level as the other AI because presumably you set it at a particular level on purpose in the first place :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

Yes. The first option seems easier to implement and I suppose it is enough in most cases. It seems to be the way PCARS does it by the way.

10. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

MetalmorometalmorometalMOROOOO.
    And the turbo....OMG!!!
    I love you Reiza....i really do X

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

I get better fps the less mirrors are in screen.

If I use all 3 virtual mirrors + real mirrors it's a fps killer for me (not unplayable but -20 fps for sure).

Also, "Show only virtual mirrors" would be an option that makes it more clean, instead of a mirror clusterf***.

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Then something is very wrong in your game. In all isimotor titles 1 mirror or 6 gives the same fps drop.
    There are a few things you can do like I said smaller resolution mirror is best way, but turning off the cull objects (or whatever is called) also helps a lot

13. dctoe

dctoe New Member

Thanks guys for the updates! I love this sim and if really makes me happy that you are going to continue development of the sim and addons to it. A lot of other sims are so much glitter, but this one is a good work horse. It does what we ask it to do.

You could go for shiny graphics and overly complicated FFB, but for those of us who look to drive seriously, what we need is content and function. Keep it up! And thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  14. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can I pre-buy AMS2? Why are more people not playing this game? You guys are amazing and no other sim touches this. Thank you so much

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Rudolph523

Rudolph523 Member

a question about the new hud. can you also set things on or off indepently? i now you can set certain things on or off. but when you want to see the laps in screen, you need the whole tv layout on. while i dont care for the rest of the tv layout. is it possible to set the laps for instance on by pressing a key combination? i am heppy with the rest of the build! you guys are great!

16. Sektor

Sektor Member

GID HUD mod from rFactor (1) has wheels grip level indicator, are you considering something like that in the new HUD?

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The green bars beside the tires are the grip indicator. To see the % would be nice, too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

If you like a challenge, run the F-Classic at 4 bar. You can break the rears loose in 6th gear...ha ha....then into the fence. Easy on the gas.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Sektor

Sektor Member

GID looks better IMO, with that circle and red fill. Very visible, very useful.

20. Jeffers

Jeffers New Member

Agreed, this is a challenge and a bit, especially with a Bondnar V2! F1 drivers in '86 had b*lls of steel!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1