Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Enough for a number 2?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

This pee talk raised a great subject, is it just me or the repair times on out stop feels too quick? Sometimes in long races and endurance ones I feel that there should be an option for enabling realistic repair times, as I believe even with a heavy crash I never had more than 2 min repair time in a race. Due to the focus on endurance content and endurance racing, this should be a factor to be better simulated. There should also be an option to enable the pit crew to ask you to retire the car, or if the damage is to great, once you stop in the pits for repairs to be made, they just tell you that car is not repairable (ex. Damon Hill on Adelaide 94). And leave this as an option , as I’m not sure everyone will be pleased of having to retire the car in a 3h race, or endurance one. I can say that for me that would make career mode or season mode more enjoyable, and give it more importance to driving clean and taking care of the car, and thinking twice before attempting optimistic moves in racing.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza merch incoming- man nappies:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 6
  4. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Does it include a cheese mattress and pillow?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Maybe a physics problem? Hysteria due to urinary incontinence :D

6. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

If someone does a 3h race is because they really like the simulation aspect of a race.
    Retiring a car is a real thing, should be included :). A 100% damage in both left side suspensions should be a retire on a 45m race, for sure. Maybe not for a 4h race, it's up to the team to decide! The option should be there, those that don't want it, simply uncheck it.
    AMS2 is, in my opinion, a notch above other sims I know just because of FCY (and, for instance, I don't use random FCY because... it's fake - I have the option not to include it, so, it's OK).

Speaking of endurance, I really hope (and expect) v1.6 brings brand new capabilities for Ai to race multiclass properly. IMSA kind of races needs it. If not at launch, at least over the next few months.
    In current version, we need to lap 1-1.5s slower to compensate for their inability to overtake correctly. That's not fun and the main reason I still use the 'other sim' ;) :D.

• Like Like x 2
  7. depapier

depapier Member

Which other sim though? I'm genuinely curious. You don't mean LMU with its blind ai running the player over, don't you?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

The LMU AI is, like the Rfactor2 AI after all the updates, always giving me a hard time and rear ending me a lot or they pile up in turn 1.
    It‘s not really fun to race against them.
    It‘s a shame, thinking back how good the Rfactor2 AI used to be!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

depends if you feel the need to leave your chair or not :(

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Joaquim Pereira

I don't experience that behaviour from the LMU's AI (or in rF2, but they have more than a dozen parameters to fine tune it and rF2 has a Autocalibrate mode, which is fantastic, but 'nobody' knows of).
    What I see is what I expect from a human player. They have a trajectory and, if I send it like there's no tomorrow, I should expect the consequences as they have nowhere to go (physics is a b*tch :)).
    In AMS2, AI is constantly measuring the distance to us and step back/stay away from trouble in a non-human (at least, in a non-racer) way. Even when we approach, from the back, in a straight line it's easy to make them move away. I've already said before, max aggressiveness setting in AMS2 should be the lowest setting. The max setting should be... Max Verstappen level :). Then we can choose the middle ground to have nice races.

Let's see want AMS2 has to offer in the near future, we were told that AI (in current 1.5) is in the middle of the road to 1.6 destiny, some features were just half cooked if I understood correctly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

I have had some fantastic races with the ai in LMU and not suffered being rear ended by them. I find them to be very good

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. depapier

depapier Member

Ok, I was wondering which SIM you're talking about, cause I'd love to try that. I'd love LMU to fix it's issues what with best ffb in all SIM racing, but the ai is really not good there at this moment. Add to that fake wet weather, lack of vr and generally stalling development, it's very sad. Fingers crossed of course but one day hopefully. For now will have to stick with Ams2.

13. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wait :cool:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

When I read such hints I dont know what do do until 1.6 is ready to download. I am so excited. Its like a complete new Sim for me

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Just to thow a hand grenade to spice up the tedium of the waiting for news, MSG stock is now hovering at 1 USD again, this after they already did a split to push the value from 10 cents to 10 USD a couple of years ago to comply with NASDAQ rules. If they had kept the old value then now the stocks would be worthless.

They have sold pretty much all their assets apart from WEC so there is likely going to be something there for the picking quite soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Joaquim Pereira

I just processed what @depapier said...
    That happens a lot... (read below)

Let's forget we are talking about another sim.
    It could be you're just breaking too soon and that AI is been very human indeed...

1. Try to break check an AMS2's AI...
    2. Do the same in the other sim...
    3. (don't) do the same with your car in a real road with someone's just behind you.

What seems to be more real? That's how we should compare sims, with the real life experience.
    Forget about Sim A or Sim B. That only rises emotions, not reasoning.

Human's reaction time is about 200-300ms (at my age it slips towards the end of the range :confused:).
    At 100Km/h (in racing terms, standing still ;)), considering 300ms reaction time, the car behind travels more than a car's length towards you (8.3m). At this point, the crash is inevitable.

If you can't break later and harder in the other sim, try to touch the break pedal softly just before braking harder... You may see two things: 1. the AI just overtakes you (most probable), 2. the AI won't rear bump you (it has time to react/break)

AMS2 Ai reacts at the speed of light, that's not natural and should be considered for a revision.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. depapier

depapier Member

Thanks but I've been sim racing enough years to know the difference between ai making mistakes and me making mistakes like not leaving enough space. LMU issues are fairly well known and I still have hope they'll fix those, despite their past history and present circumstances.

I'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make though. I don't see AMS2 ai drivers as too passive. Watching them slug it out at Nordschleife recently and it seems they are not holding back. I would love them to have more consistent racing lines without strangely slow corners of course, but at least I don't feel endangered by their presence on the track while having plenty of fun. And fun is what we are all in these games are for.

I'm glad that others manage to enjoy it, but if I wanted to get rear ended in the name of "realism" while driving in the game, I'd get into an iracing lobby.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

Can you tell us if the AI also do driver swaps in endurance races so that, like in IMSA, we can have two AI drivers for each car?

19. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Unrelated, but I love how the AI always stacks it in ACC at Hatzenbach and they did not fix that until today. :D

20. SparksV

SparksV New Member

If Reiza should put out any merch it should be clocks with Reiza Time™

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.