Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Too bad the perfect slogan is already taken by Promods....
    mockup-dc88987f_1024x1024.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I'd play the heck out of LMU if they fixed the trackIR situation, for a lack of actual VR.
    I just can't the way it is now, too used to being able to look around.
    Pity really.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Or Renato’s profile picture

4. Xamantu

Xamantu Member

[​IMG]
    Got you covered.

My wife would probably think I'm a moron, but I'd wear it.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

My parents would call this a stupid purchase, but I would say “you don’t know of Renato, the sun god, Simioni”

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Xamantu

Xamantu Member

Notice how he's not centered in this photo, but slightly to the wearer's left? It's to be closer to our hearts.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

A good idea for merch would be a shirt with the phrase "next update will be released AMSoon" :)

• Funny Funny x 7
  8. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

BAEBED70-FF9D-4FD4-979F-FAB71F062254.jpeg

We all know the true Renato merch opportunity

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

Good morning! Another day, let's start checking this forum 50x again. :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

I felt the same about LMU too as a dedicated trackir user, but it’s such a brilliant sim, that I persisted playing it without trackir, and have got used to it. It is in development, and there is no question trackir will come to LMU, just a question of when

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

Maybe if we start talking about other gamesRenato will panic and give us an update :whistle:

I like LMU but I prefer to learn driving on slow cars, like I would do in real life.

Yesterday was my first day racing something other than AMS2. I joined LFM and joined the MX-5 practice server, currently at Imola. It is lovely to practice on a track full of people. I think I prefer to practice online than to race online. Chilling, learning from others, the joy of watching other people spinning :D, trying not to get nervous when someone is behind. Tailgating new drivers to make them nervous :D.

When AMS2 gets the MP update done they really have to convince the users to try it because good MP is always great.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

Man, I am on the exact same boat! I also like to cruise around with real people.

13. V1LVET

V1LVET New Member

While waiting for 1.6 I decided to "dream" with the help of simhub about what the updated HUD could be like;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I always liked rF2, and now LMU, FFB. It gives a really good driving sensation (perhaps because of underlying physics?).
    But, it is not the most realistic, it does not represent real wheel forces. We can get used to it very quickly because we can adapt. But we can't change it.

On the other hand, AMS2's FFB is now at a very good level. I could use default profiles forever without asking Reiza for improvements. And we can change it further!
    My FullFFB was fine tuned around Porsche 963. I love the FFB of that car so much.
    Yesterday I did a multiclass race @Cleveland with LMDh, GTE and GT3. Just a hint of what Sebring could be ;). Fabulous!

The only problem is Ai is not competitive, even at 120% (but I did notice that, sometimes, AI can be 1-1.5s faster on the same track, but slightly different conditions?!?).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Kartu14

Kartu14 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,
    Renato is waiting for the mega big Raceroom update content. After all, he will decide to drop the part 2 or not... :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Agree, RF2 and now LMU FFB is in my view fantastic, as is AMS2. I race ACC and RR3 as well, and could never really immerse myself due to the FFB. AMS2’s FFB has improved leaps and bounds, for sure. But FFB, can be a very subjective issue, and some will probably disagree with what I said about RR3 and ACC. Also, since LMU, I’ve found myself transitioning more to racing online, which I never used to do at all, but I always enjoyed the AMS2 emphasis on AI racing, and the huge choice of classes/tracks/vintage content, which attracted me to it in the first place. My hope is, is that this awaited update will improve AI performance and quality, which differs wildly depending on the class/ track etc,. We will see…

• Like Like x 3
  17. T.Ives

T.Ives Professional Dilly Dallier

The straight heading up to turn 1 is always terrifying in LMU against AI. They sometimes just weave around the straight with no fear of death

• Like Like x 1
  18. T.Ives

T.Ives Professional Dilly Dallier

Its shaping up to be a great sim if they stick with it. Physics are amazing IMO I'm aware its very subjective but I really enjoy the feel of the Hypercars, not so much the GTEs but maybe the GT3s will be better

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Same as you I really like AMS2 FFB out of the box - even on my lowly, ancient Logitech G25 it is surprisingly good (although I would not turn down an upgrade to a DD setup!). Then again, Renato himself still has several G25s and parts (IIRC) to ensure the sim feels great on low-end equipment as well. And even after all those years you just can not beat the performance-to-price ratio of the venerable G25, IMHO.

It's not advised to use custom FFB in the Beta - which makes sense because it means beta testers would potentially miss issues with Default and Default+ or at the very least could not provide feedback - and I haven't played the release version of the sim since early May, but once 1.6 goes public I'll be sure to give it a try with your latest FFB file. Let's just say that there's going to be some new content that will really benefit from great FFB... :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Enthony

Enthony from Far East

I like LMU in terms of good online. But it's boring, and visually a punishment. Ams2 please make a decent tyre grip update please , you are the best on PC (almost)

Some good people added touring cars to ams2, but unfortunately same as in AC, mods feels so unrealistic .

My point is Ams2 also is a top in terms of default variety of cars, thanks you for V8SC and other cool things

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.