Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

The AMS2 community loves the Netherlands and the Netherlands loves @Renato Simioni.

upload_2024-8-25_18-46-17.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

2026 is just around the corner. And the Dutsch version of our meme is ready.

upload_2024-8-8_11-15-57.png

• Funny Funny x 8
  3. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

This is honestly my most wanted DLC of any possible DLCs in AMS2 EVER. It would be so cool! All those tracks are awesome and the only reason I still have that one sim installed to race and drive there haha. Besides, Super Formula and any other new entry level open wheel cars would be much appreciated, like a new Formula 4 or Formula 3, the one we have is soooo old and it's not as fun as the new regulations (And the ones you can drive in other titles). But yeah, a japanese themed expansion would be a fantastic fit for this game! You've got my vote :p

Last edited: Aug 26, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

i will cut my ears and sell them if i could have the 90's and early 2000's JGTCC officially in AMS2
    1998-jgtc-raybrig-nsx-gt500-v0-inng0884qx3d1.jpg IMG_20190202_015504_841.jpg 1997-toyota-supra-jgtc-gt500-at-goodwood-festival-of-speed-sussex-AFDYNT.jpg images.jpg hqdefault.jpg
    That Pennzoil livery...:oops:

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

6. Xamantu

Xamantu Member

I remember enjoying this livery on Steve Park's car back in Nascar Racing 3. Probably my favorite sim as a kid, along with GP2...

• Like Like x 1
  7. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Speaking of Japanese tracks, the thread has hit 130(-R)!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Flat-Six

Flat-Six New Member

Omg I would LOVE this! Pleaseeeee Reiza do eeeeeet.

First post here! Long time reader. Great forum.

I’ll also say my favorite class to race currently is the 90s GT1’s we have already. So epic!

i love this game!!! I have been playing racing games my whole sentient life but AMS2 has brought back a lot of that feeling I used to have in the 90s when I first started paying attention to cars and racing. This game is so well crafted and has so much of the fun factor I sometimes feel is missing in the other sims. Although for me LMU Is also feeding my beast lately too, it’s more of a frustrating challenge. AMS2 is one of those games you turn on when you just wanna vibe and have a good time.

The only thing I reallllly struggled with is the throttle sensitivity. I couldn’t get it right for a long time. I recently learned what that control actually does. Compared to literally every other sim, with my Logitech Pro Wheel (yes I’m spoiled but this is my ONE fun thing I spend money on that isn’t professionally career related), I always found I’d spin out extremely easily when applying throttle in AMS2. But I just turned the throttle sensitivity all the way DOWN and now I’m cruisin’! All good! I feel like the response curve of the throttle is sort of reverse what it should be in my opinion. Too steep at the beginning. For me, knocking this setting all the way down generally fixed the issue. It’s much more drive-able now and feels more normal like you’d expect a car to behave, where the throttle isn’t soooo touchy as soon as you toe it on. I would love it if the linearity of the response curve could be tweaked with a visual readout in the settings. That would be great. Then you could really dial it in to your personal sim rig and tastes. But this is working well enough for me now.

One thing I will say I would like to see in future updates!!! I really hope they fix some of the unrealistic behavior and pit-maneuvering the AI tends to do all the time. That is annoying. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been driving along in a straight line in like 4th place and all of a sudden on the last lap of the race the AI opponent behind me gains some unreasonable amount of speed all of a sudden and comes up from behind and just wrecks you completely taking you out of the race. Like they could’ve just passed you but they take you out on purpose. No professional driver would do that. It happens to me over and over. The AI needs work in this game… And the trains that form, and the way you can just gain like 8 places on turn one as traffic bottlenecks and slows down wayyyy too much… I dunno. I’m not good enough to play online yet, so I tend to notice the AI problems a lot more…

But overall, I’ve had some awesome races in this game already (only bought it in May or June) and looking forward to this 1.6 update in a major way! Keep cruisin.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Welcome! Glad you like the game too. What difficulty do you run the AI at at the moment? Whilst this might sound counterintuitive, you might want to try upping the difficulty on the AI to mitigate some of the quirky behaviour - I have found that it actually doesn't make the racing always linearly "harder" as it improves their behaviour so you don't get so much bunching, etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

So glad Reiza went with Brazilian and Argentine tracks. Most of these are quite and a break from the usual "favorites".

• Agree Agree x 9
  11. Kartu14

Kartu14 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi and thanks Bro, you made my day ! I have the same wheel as you, so low down the throttle sensitivity and it changed everything ! I had a blast with the *****, thanks man !

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kartu14

Kartu14 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And thanks to the Renato's team for this beautiful game, you are my Geoff Crammond modern dream !

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

Yes one of my favorite liveries

14. Flat-Six

Flat-Six New Member

Ok thanks! I think I have it set around 85%. Medium agression. I’m out of town at the moment, but when home I’ll for sure try it at 100% again. I think I set it lower because I was learning some of the tracks and needed a little handicap but it’s probably time to turn it bsck up. I’ll try that, thanks!

15. Flat-Six

Flat-Six New Member

Hey @Kartu14 that’s awesome to hear! I’m also glad to hear I’m not alone, and that it worked for you as well. It’s made the game much more enjoyable and drive-able for me on all vehicles! I often go with Owen Evans’ suggestion (fun Youtube VR guy) who usually knocks the brake pressure down to 80% on all vehicles as well. That can help if you find you are locking up too easily.

Strangely, on the Logitcech Pro rig, I did not find that changing the sensitivity from stock on the brake or clutch was beneficial at all. Only the throttle sensitivty. On the brake, if if helps, it’s nice to set a little deadzone if you are the type who rests their left foot on the brake all the time. I prefer to race that way personally, I find it’s faster to get on the brake than using right foot for both pedals and left only for clutch. The deadzone prevents you from braking unintentionally during acceleration or coasting through a corner at race pace. Just a touch like 7~10 or so.

• Like Like x 1
  16. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

What are you used to? Even on a road car they can be very touchy. In some sims (maybe majority of them if you go by popularity) you need an unreasonable amount of throttle just to get going at low RPM. Now that being said the input curve could still be a tad too steep when considering all the different hardware out there. But it has more to do with the physics simulation where a throttle is sensitive by nature depending on engine RPM. A lot happens with tiny throttle opening. Even so there is sort of a mechanical input curve on throttle linkages that alter it slightly. Or if it’s an electronic throttle there’s pretty much full control over it across the engine’s RPM range.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Peesjee

Peesjee New Member

How funny it would be if the 1.6 comes out and I don't notice it because I only check this forum about part 1 (only 50 times a day)...

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Renato will pin the thread of the new update or the next dev update

19. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

Is the MP update going to be part of 1.6? And the new AI?

20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.