Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flat-Six

Flat-Six New Member

Re: My original point on throttle sensitivity; I really think it might be something to do with my particular rig (Logitech Pro). Maybe it’s just calibrated differently than some of the other available options. But someone asked what I am used to- On AC, ACC, LMU, RRE, F1 23, this doesn’t happen to me. Turning down the throttle sensitivity to 0% fixed the issue. I sat there with the haptics and looked at what the throttle was doing on different sensitivity settings. Just the input meters. I tried many different settings. 50% being linear. For me, the way I like it to feel and respond, 0% felt normal. I’m just saying what worked for me. And here we have found other users with the same wheel who are reporting it also helped them. So I believe there is something to it!

Visually on the input meter, the throttle is clearly not linear at 0%. You get much less input until halfway through the pedal input. But oddly, is literally the only setting that allows me to control cars in AMS2. For a while I was only playing AMS2 and I sort of got used to 50% linearity. But going back to another sim, come back to AMS2, it would feel uncontrollable again.

I don’t know what’s more realistic or not but I have driven a pretty powerful car in real life and it didn’t behave like that so I’m just saying what works for me. It’s not a negative or a positive comment! Just hoping it helps any other users who may be experiencing things similarly to me enjoy Ams2 more, as I have!

I personally have more fun in this sim than any of the others. Some have said the graphics look cartoonish but I find them beautiful to look at. The graphics are amazing and the performance of the Madness engine on my almost 10 year old gaming rig is stunning. 100fps or more usually.

Also Aza340 asked about my opinion on the Logitech rig- Personally I love it, but it is the only real wheel & pedals setup I’ve ever had. I find the quality and feel of it to be amazing. I love the pedals. The wheel build quality is beautiful and has a great feel. I had no software issues with PC or PS5 *EXCEPT* that Logitech Ghub usually causes AMS2 to crash on launch. And it hangs the entire computer and you can only do a hard power off and restart manually. No software restart via Windows is possible when this occurs. So just make sure Ghub’s not running before you launch AMS2 and you’re golden. I feel like they fixed that with the most recent Ghub update because it hasn’t happened recently when I accidentally left it on but it is just something to be aware of.

Otherwise I did have one hardware issue with the Pro Wheel rim which I reported to Logitech. It was a pain but I shipped it back to them and they sent me a new wheel rim. Can’t fault them there.

I do think the design of the rim is somewhat flawed. I literally have calluses from the stitching of the wheel. It ends in a bunch where your thumbs rest. Poorly thought out, should’ve been stitched on the top. And the rotary dials which I usually map to TC/ABS are in the way if you need to make a quick huge turn, you’ll often bump them and adjust a setting unintentionally.

Otherwise it’s been super solid, very high quality, and feels great. Fanatec- No thanks! Everything you read or hear about them points to the demise of that company.

Disclaimer* the same reason as you, I wanted ps5 compatibility. Had it not been for that, I would’ve gone a different direction. Now I realize GT7 sort of sucks even with a wheel in terms of being a “sim” I might’ve gone a different way anyway, but I am still very happy with the Logitech Pro anyway.

Cheers mates! Can’t wait for v1.6! The Caddy bump starting and the new windshields look and the tyre updates coming and the IMSA and Alpine partnership- Who wouldn’t be stoked for 1.6?!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. _Diego _

_Diego _ Member

As for the AI, what you said makes sense, because I only use the Max value of aggressiveness. But I agree with what friend TomLehockySVK said, sometimes I notice the AI taking a defensive line, but too late for such action, giving us the chance to always delay braking and overtake on the inside line.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Interesting watch.

• Informative Informative x 11
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. adri84dj

adri84dj New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have been doing the same test in each simulator for many years, and I have not yet seen that it is well represented. In neutral with the engine on in a 180cv street car, if I press the accelerator completely and then release the accelerator, the revolutions barely move. That is, if I do a 0%-100% in a second there is hardly any increase in revolutions. On the other hand, if I do this test in any simulator, the revolutions increase considerably. In the simulators, the accelerator pedal has to have an input lag. It cannot be instantaneous.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Yes there is a lot to it indeed. Street cars can have different reasons for lag compared to an old carburated race engine though. It’s also good to emphasize that (I assume) you’re talking about waiting for any sort of response from the engine as the amount of RPM change depends on torque curve and engine inertia. Even so dynamics of this area aren’t perfect here in the sim world I agree. As per Heusinkveld’s video from Crimson above any kind of detailed response lag isn’t the first priority for the collective :D

The video above also explains why coming from the other sims you listed can be a weird transition @Flat-Six as what Niels says about AMS1 and rF2 are true for AMS2. Although as an rF2 title I wonder how it is done in LMU since you mentioned it… anyway there is no argument about it, you do what you need to do.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Perhaps I've misunderstood the discussion... yes, on all cars I've touhed it was easy to keep rpm when in N.

Not to meantion the drive modes on the same car... my car has a totally different throttle response in Economy, Drive or Sport mode.

7. Kartu14

Kartu14 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

An another day passed away, or not? :rolleyes:

8. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Yikes. I usually dread eco mode response as all it seems to do is shift the zero torque point throwing me off. But tbh sport can also just enter peacock mode giving you all the torque early… and no more with more pedal input :p. So like Marc suggested about some modern cars.

9. adri84dj

adri84dj New Member AMS2 Club Member

You're right, but I think adding a setting where you can configure the throttle filter would give more immersion. Right now I'm using the maximum filter level in Freejoy for the throttle pedal, and it improves the feeling but I would need a bit more but the maximum in Freejoy is 7.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Flat-Six

Flat-Six New Member

Great to read all these posts and discussion. This is one of the few forums I’ve come across online where there’s an air of positivity!

I am so pumped for v1.6 I can’t wait. I’m going to have to cancel all my work for three days when it finally comes out.

I’d love to see more 90s race cars! That era of racing was so awesome. Bit more limited technology, so much speed, so much vibe…

The IMSA partnership has me more stoked than almost any AMS2 news lately. The type of work I do is a lot of bench work; Electronics & instrument repair work I’ve been doing for more than a decade, I barely need to think anymore to do it so I’ll have 24 hours of Daytona IMSA or 6 hours of Laguna Seca IMSA or Spa or wherever playing on my iPad on Youtube all the time as workbench entertainment routinely. Sometimes 90s Gt1 races which are so fun to look back on. Great being able to virtually live out your passions in AMS2.

• Like Like x 3
  11. _Was

_Was Member

Greetings everyone!...

...Sorry I was practicing for when I read part 2 of the update

• Funny Funny x 7
  12. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

• Funny x 12
    • Dislike x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  13. Majestic

Majestic Member

• Funny Funny x 6
  14. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Rodus

Rodus New Member

• Funny Funny x 6
  16. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Thanks for the detailed opinion on the logitech g pro, much appreciated.
    Yes I remember hating ghub when I used to use it with my old g29, guess it's not improved much by the sounds of it.
    Very tempted tbh but might wait and see what Thrustmasters new offering turns out like.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Torp_Torpedo

Torp_Torpedo Member

dude.......

18. Kartu14

Kartu14 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

x.com
    It is what Renato is waiting for the part 2 ? :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. harizrushdi

harizrushdi Wiki Helper

We already know the 5 upcoming cars (Audi R8 GT3 Evo2, Alpine A424, Lamborghini SC63, Oreca 07, Corvette GT3.R), but a Ford would be nice to see

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. T.Ives

T.Ives Professional Dilly Dallier

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.