Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpaceYam

SpaceYam Member AMS2 Club Member

You'll have to excuse me if I sound like I'm trying to re-educate you on stuff you already know, but just in case you don't already know:
    Some cars such as GT3 cars, you'll want to always left-foot brake as the clutch is only used for launching. No need to clutch on downshifts or upshifts as they have auto-blip and shift cut. Most open wheelers behave the same way

On cars such as V8 Supercars, you have shift-cut but no auto-blip. So, clutch + heel-toe on downshift is recommended to avoid compression lock on the rear axle but no need to use clutch or lift throttle on upshifts. Most IRL Supercars drivers right-foot brake, but a few will left-foot brake and blip the throttle without the clutch but this still puts more load on the transaxle.

The Ginetta GT5 has no auto blip and no shift cut - you don't need clutch on upshifts but need to lift throttle about 20% (at least IRL, I don't think the game simulates damage from doing this improperly). And best to use clutch and heel-toe.

Over time and driving a variety of different cars, I will tend to use a bit of both left and right-foot braking if I'm driving something such as a V8 Supercar or even a car with an H-pattern gearbox. I will usually left foot brake if I don't need to downshift or if I'm just barely applying brakes to adjust the balance of the car.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Flat-Six

Flat-Six New Member

Thank you! Very insightful! Yes! Sorry I should have clarified- I basically only drive race cars from the last 20~30 years. Gt3’s, Lmp’s, , F1… Late 90s Gt1 especially. I love super cars too, grew up in the era of the Jaguar XJ220, Ferrari F50, McClaren F1 etc. but I have only been dipping my toes into this hobby of sim racing seriously since like May. My favorite thing to watch is IMSA and F1. So for right now I gravitate towards the stuff that’s easier to drive honestly. Gt3, Gte… I have tried some of the road cars that must be driven with heel toe downshifts & such. I can do it but I am not fast on those yet. Still in the mode of really learning tracks well and learning to be fast in them. With time these things will come! I’m totally hooked now though. Doubt I will ever stop sim racing. Just wish there was more time in the day! It’s hard learning something so challenging when you barely have time to get all your real work done. I guess that’s why they call it a hobby.

• Like Like x 3
  3. SauroHD

SauroHD New Member

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

It's a shame you missed it, it was incredible. I'll leave it up to others to clarify though as I don't think I could do it justice.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. SauroHD

SauroHD New Member

:D:D:D

Now I'm really curious!!! I hope someone can tell me what was written, even in private!!!

6. Hedley Lamarr

Hedley Lamarr New Member

Dang it! I should have taken some screens of it! I guess there were things they didn't want posted yet - or maybe just not quite right so they want to revise the post??? I want to read it again.

7. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

Guys, I believe that link was just a prank.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SauroHD

SauroHD New Member

Ok, given the reactions I hope so! I'm just sorry I didn't know what it was about but I resign myself...:)

• Like Like x 2
  9. WizL94

WizL94 New Member

Thank you Flat-Six for this! Yesterday I tried the same on my 27 year old Microsoft SideWinder FFB Wheel and it actually feels better than before!
    I guess it depends on the pedals and the personal taste but for me, brake and throttle-sensitivity = 0 works great!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

This is nothing new and is known to some people, lower values are clearly better

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I think that's the idea behind those modes and I'm glad they exist.
    I usually use Economy mode because it introduces freewheel to the equation, although the 7th gear is very long (100Km/h/1.000rpm), giving very little brake when lifted. The car (Audi A6 Avant) has a dynamic switch making it a snap to switch from Economy <-> Sport mode, so not really a joy killer.
    On the other modes, the car is always engaged.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Kartu14

Kartu14 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,
    An another day, a new F5 cycle, I just bought a new keyboard ! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. SpaceYam

SpaceYam Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah it's quite tricky to jump into faster cars without the experience. Depending on the road car, they actually are sometimes worth avoiding as they can have huge amounts of power but don't have the handling and especially not the braking to match.

The Ginetta GT5 is a great car to learn on as is the Puma GT5 counterpart, which is actually I think a 6-speed manual. The Ginetta is probably the best car to start with as it's quite forgiving but still fun to drive.

The GT1 cars are great fun to drive, lots of power and lots of downforce, but a bit of a handful with a lack of experience :)

The German Group A cars are good fun to learn on, they don't feel too overpowered but are quite unforgiving if you don't baby them until you're familiar with them.

You might also gain some benefit playing around with the P4 Prototypes, I drive them the same way as the V8 Supercars - e.g., sequential shift, heel-toe, no lift on upshifts.

Formula 3 is also a good fun car to learn in, and again no need to worry about the clutch for anything.

14. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

My best friend told me this and my keyboard is now safe:
    upload_2024-8-27_9-43-12.png

Just make the necessary adaptations, because 10s won't cut it for many (perhaps 0.5s?!?!) :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

You do realise by run Max Aggression you lose most of the benefits of having a Custom AI file. Apparently it ignores all the individual settings and just makes all the AI the same.

16. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

There's more than 5 cars coming. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Edwin90

Edwin90 New Member

What AI setting should you run on to maximize the Custom AI?

18. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

@CrimsonEminence please confirm that I'm not talking out of my behind here? Pretty sure I read that setting to Maximum Aggression overrules the settings for Reiza supplied AI so they lose any individuality but also affects Custom AI files too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Max Aggression will make all drivers on track max-agressive yeah.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

September is coming and here is what i think about the schedule:
    - Sep 7th - Dev Note part 2
    - Sep 14th - Update 1.6 Part 1 & DLC

• Optimistic Optimistic x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.