Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

So I've literally fallen in love with the P3's....so much that I'm somehow afraid of 1.6.....

hopefully not too much will change...and on the other hand, hopefully things will get even better...

• Like Like x 2
  2. ShelbyRacing74

ShelbyRacing74 New Member

I don't think so. I think we'll have to wait until mid-September

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

In case there a few people here who still don't know how Reiza operates and are frustrated by the "radio silence" on such a big update, please take a look at this post from the "secret" beta forum. This is a company that always lets the product do the talking and has no professional marketing or communications department.

upload_2024-8-28_10-43-30.png

I can only add that in my very experienced opinion, 1.6 will be the most significant update to AMS 2 to date. It is that good, but there are a million moving parts and a lot of vehicles to update and calibrate...so...enjoy what we already have and enjoy it even more after the update is released. In between, there is not really much to say that isn't already known, to be frank. And has @CrimsonEminence has confirmed, the two "1.6" vehicles in 1.5 no longer represent what will be coming in 1.6. The latest 1.6 cars are significantly better :)

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Rhodos

Rhodos New Member

Agreed, it’s great to look forward but I wonder how many of the waiters have really rinsed 1.5 for every mile of track and inch of car it has to offer ….how many are 3+ hours a day in AMS2 where a massive update will really impact their sim time for the week? But it’s the internet and us humans like to wait in queues and then moan about it :)

5. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I don't see why there must be a secret beta forum, why not let everyone read post on this forum.

Not post on it, just read it.

We can always make a seperate thread to discuss the beta forum post.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The beta forum has stuff related to the beta. That’s why anyone can’t read it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

Consider for a minute all the stuff you see on this forum. People examine screenshots down to the pixel to figure out if there will be a new car in the update. People also interact with various Discord servers, sites like Racedepartment, etc.

If everyone here saw all the traffic on the beta forum then a ton of bad/wrong information would be spreading. The nature of beta testing is that bugs are found and corrected. Some are corrected quickly. Others require a lot more work. Maybe some things get removed after testing.

I would LOVE a pt 2 to the development update. But as my son would say, "let them cook." Sometimes, the cooking is messy, but the finished product looks great. We're all better off if the cooks can do their thing in the kitchen behind the doors of the kitchen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Because people paid a LOT of money to be a beta tester and help with development, fund it more, and get access to future DLCs with the extra payment.

And mainly it contains content that is being heavily worked on and not ready to be released and definitely not ready to be revealed yet until everything is done or as near done as possible.

I am fine with it so we won't end with another situation like when the dev update showed the 2022 IndyCar and in the end the license fell through and instead we got the generic model over a year later.
    ams21-1024x576-1 – kópia.jpg
    5465030.jpg

• Agree Agree x 12
  9. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Because some info on there is not supposed to be leaked to the general public as there is some marketing plans for upcoming content, features, physics etc and they don't get helped by showing them in an unfinished state.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

In my opinion is better to have this update after RaceRoom release his own one. They are going to make big changes to the game and of course is better not to split the audience. At this point is better to wait end of September, wait until RaceRoom hype is finished and tehn launch the bomb!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

I'm using both sims at will, so the faster the better for me! :D

• Like Like x 3
  12. ercerro

ercerro New Member

I don't know why but racerooms ffb never felt good to me so I never got too much into it.. Maybe it is because I compare it with Ams

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I am in no hurry for a development update. Or even the 1.6 update. It comes when it comes.
    I just thought that if the discussion in the Beta forum was available for all to read it would, first be interesting to read and second it would stir conversation (here and elsewhere) and awareness and also keep AMS2 in the publics eye, it would basically be free promotion.

However after reading yours and others replies I can see that this may not be the best idea.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Fortunately (and unlike many other devs), Reiza never withholds updates due to marketing, promotion or what's happening with competitors. Updates are released when they are ready (i.e., the promised content and features are ready and the expected number of problems is small enough to be patched later and not cause the userbase undue grief). Minor items not fully polished often benefit from feedback from the broader user base, hence why hotfixes and small patches always follow a major update.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

Big tiger and a pile of rocks defeated, but I hope Reiza fix the floating feeling of the monkey in 1.6.

I have no grip at ALL!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Well, late June is well in the rear view mirrors now. Any idea on when we will finally get another official update from Renato?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Whether it’s the full update or not, I would expect a word of some sort by the end of the month (likely, at the end of the month) - might be a quick ‘not yet’ one on here, but who knows?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

If you like the sim go and use it. 1.5 is already good. Let the devs work, the update will be ready when it is. Stop this nonsense every time qe are deep into a dev cycle.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Beautiful thing to do if you like to learn a lot!

20. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

If you made this post without all caps it would have been reasonable.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.