Automobilista 2 May 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralonso

Ralonso Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato once said, he'd love Jeoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4 and therefore for AMS2 he would try to implement as many good things as possible from it into AMS2. As I myself love GP4 as well, I'm looking foreward to see such things coming into AMS2 soon!
    For example, I'd love to see severe tyre puncture cosequences you can experience in GP4 the same way being implemented into AMS2 as you can see in this example here:

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Nice to know, maybe if it could be implemented a slider just for curb noise? I feel that they are really subdued compared to real life. And if I try to increase the levels every effect increase together, which unbalances the sound of track. maybe Reiza could think of implementing some better effects for driving on the gravel. Normally when you drive on the gravel IRL the noise is the same as throwing rocks inside a empty bathtub, it’s really noisy, which is not the case in AMS2. Overall I like the tire sounds and engine ones too, but some of the ruggedness and abuse sounds when over driving or hitting curbs hard etc are too sterile in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

While we're on the subject of sound.
    Yes, of course, better sound would be better.

But I think it's particularly bad that after accidents you don't notice any unusual noises in the car. It would be fantastic to be able to estimate the damage based on the sound.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. JohnH

JohnH Member

Man those old F1 hud / timing graphics bring some nostalgic vibes. Would be really cool to have couple different styles for different eras.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.5

We need more kurbs sounds. it's almost mandatory for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. BobbyB

BobbyB Member

Renato speaks like a wise philosopher. He speaks better English than I do and yet I am a native English speaker.

• Funny x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I don't recommend judging AMS2 audio by v1.5x. :whistle:

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I am always amazed on Renato's vocabulary, always there are some terms I don't understand. This is typical of non-natives though, they use words natives do not. (when they have a high level of proficiency, I'm non-native also but I don't know s@#t)

9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I hope Reiza finally fixes those broken replay cameras on several tracks, where the game shows buildings, grass and trees instead of the action on track. :whistle:;)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. pr07

pr07 Member

I'm pretty sure this is already in the game, though it might be a bit lenient at the moment. I vividly remember getting a puncture with the F-USA Gen3 at Long Beach after locking up my brakes over a huge bump into the final hairpin, and I couldn't turn the car afterwards, as you'd expect. I'd also love other things from GP4 though, like track marshals with flags for example

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Who gets that exciting task?

"We need dead accurate interior sounds of a VW Polo while racing. It's really exciting work! Promise."

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

As a sound designer and engineer, I can tell you that for the people that work in the area and like cars, that is indeed really cool and a fun project to make haha. Working with audio in games is really fun, if you like work with audio in games :p

While on the topic, worth a read if you're interested, really fun stuff on the behind the scenes of recording cars for GT7! (in the article there's also a link for the full Polyphony Digital presentation, sadly only available in Japanese, but still super cool)

Recording Gran Turismo 7 Car Sounds: Polyphony Digital Gives Rare Behind-the-Scenes Look – GTPlanet

Last edited: Sep 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

People can have their opinions on whatever GT7 is for them, but lack of passion isn't. Every tech paper from the developers, be the graphics team reworking their entire Global Illumination system from GT Sport because it was flat and dull, and none of the current market solutions worked for them, to then literally have to study how light and color refracts under the atmosphere and at different points in the globe is absolutely fascinating to me.

This article about car sounds is also amazing. I still think that GT7's default mix kinda sucks (I have engine sounds +5 there) but the sound quality, accuracy and simulation is absolutely brilliant.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

We need lateral skid noise amped up a bit so we can hear the slip angles.

15. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Pfffft! What philosopher ever developed a racing sim? I think Renato is up to like four.

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There are concerns in the beta that the opposite may be needed, so you will be happy :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wilfrandy Ramirez

Wilfrandy Ramirez Member

Yeah the one in the game is definitely missing those low range that gives a body to the sound. Maybe it gets fixed with an overhaul in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

have you reported each instance?

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

Maybe you will like this too:

Dev Blog #7

20. Fiyah

Fiyah Member

Jeoff Crammond

Absolute Legend. Sometimes i wonder if he would be able to engage in an advisory role in Sim development, sort of how Niki Lauda was at Mercedes F1 Team until he left Earth. :whistle:

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.