Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nico2caen

nico2caen New Member

This 1.6 is going to be extraordinary. Thank you Reiza!!!

I'm looking forward to the third part "content". We already have a certain idea of the content with the teasers, and I feel like we could have a surprise.

In addition, during "Development Update", Reiza generally makes announcements for the future. We may know more about historic Le Mans, about historic endurance content, or perhaps a new premium circuit ! :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Thats actually a great idea, maybe I should reinstall ETS2 and ATS

• Like Like x 3
  3. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

In the video of AI race at Monza I noticed that many AI cars are still distributed in the track in couples... In AMS 1 the distribution of AI was OK. In version 1.5 in F3 category there are group of three or four cars attached each other, When will this problem be fixed ?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

It was a 6 laps race, with cars that have DRS, on a high speed track. I'm not saying the problem is not there, but maybe it's not as bad as it seems.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. hb22

hb22 Member

I wondered if there has been any work on how the AI performs in multiplayer? I like the AI in single player (even before these improvements you are currently making) but when the AI drives in multiplayer it often drives very dangerously. Thanks!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

It is latency related as to why they seemingly are more dangerous when driving in multiplayer, they have delayed reactions to your presence. I hope it gets improved with 1.6 and i also hope they fixed the AI drivers crabwalking when racing online because that ruins the immersion every time.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Harmoniser

Harmoniser New Member

I remember asking this to the project cars 2 team. Which of course had the same issue. But didn’t get a response. I think even the ability to turn off headlights behind the player would usefull. As I find even with one car behind me tanks the FPS.

hopefully the clever team at Reiza can figure out a solution. At the moment I’m reducing the resolution in night races, but that leads to a lot shimmering. But combine that with the xr toolkit and reduce the inner circle for foveated rendering to 45%. Which makes sense in night races, as you can see a lot. I then increase that once the sun is out.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

I don't really understand this "problem". It looks a LOT like e.g. the F1 race just this Sunday. What do you expect it to look like? why wouldn't it be realistic that small groups bunch together? Three or four cars within DRS range will tend to stay together. If one slips out of DRS range it will not be able to keep up, and will likely lose time and end up part of a group that's behind... sounds precisely like the kind of process that would lead to bunched up groups?

Just as evidence for my apparent claims see this: take for example at about 4:50 - we can see groups of 3,4 or 5 cars coming up together. This is lap 18 of 22, so not representative of just the start of the race.
    If there is variety in the speeds of drivers, and difficulty in passing, then bunches are natural. (oh, and it's F3!)

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. thun0r

thun0r New Member

I really hope that VR doesn't take a performance hit with the new visuals or calculations. We all know AMS2 is the best VR sim there is and to have that crown removed would be a huge loss to the playerbase.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  10. JT-2905

JT-2905 New Member

Long time player and follower of this forum with my first post....because I just wanted to say how wonderfully refreshing it is to have a developer like Reiza. A developer who seems genuinely more concerned with quality over quantity.

Just think how rare that sadly is these days. How many other forums related to video games do we see users rightly complaining with expressions like "cash grab", "releasing half baked content", "care more about shareholders than loyal player base" etc etc. Worth us all keeping that in mind if a little bit of impatience starts to creep in for 1.6 to drop!

Personally this kind of genuine passion from Reiza makes me want to invest in them. Some much larger studios should take note of this kind of approach if they genuinely aspire to have return customers and reputational growth. Well done team. Count me in as one very satisfied and loyal customer. Thank you for your continued commitment to the project and for making us a great platform to enjoy our hobby. :)

• Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Ralonso

Ralonso Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For the driving view aspect, it's already there:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I completely agree with your sentiment, but looks like they may have both quality and quantity coming with this one, based on the amount of 'known' content already!

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I do not understand the complain, because real life drivers bunch too ? It is only a problem if AI drivers do not make any overtakes like it is in the current stable release.
    Screenshot-2024-09-17-19-49-00-30-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ALAIN LEFEBVRE

ALAIN LEFEBVRE Member AMS2 Club Member

The arrival of 1.6 with all its improvements is great news and, believe me, it is very much appreciated!
    For AMS2 to be definitively the "endurance simulation", there is just one element missing but it is a crucial element: the possibility to record your race in several sessions. Thus, we will actually be able to do a 24-hour race (or even 12 hours) in several times because, in the real world, not everyone has the whole week to dedicate to simracing, right?
    ===
    L'arrivée de la 1.6 avec toutes ses améliorations est une grande nouvelle et, croyez-moi, elle est très appréciée !
    Pour que AMS2 soit définitivement la "simulation pour l'endurance", il manque juste un élément mais c'est un élément crucial : la possibilité d'enregistrer sa course en plusieurs sessions. Ainsi, on pourra effectivement faire une course de 24 heures (ou même 12 heures) en plusieurs fois car, dans le monde réel, tout le monde n'a pas toute la semaine à consacrer au simracing, n'est-ce pas ?

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider Member

Agree, and sorry to mention the competition but LMU put out a vid this week detailing the ability to save races at pit stops. It's essential for endurance really.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

The option to save mid-race would be really nice and important, in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 14
  17. Bađi

Bađi Member

While I agree with the fact that not everyone has the time for a 12 hour or 24 hour marathon, if the race was raced in lets say 6 intervals of 2 hours (and I mean over the course of a few days. Obviously with driver swaps IRL these races tent to be divided into hourly intervals) would it still be considered an endurance race?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

If a now fully 3-d tree falls in the forest model whilst exhibiting emissive wetness shader around Mosport park and nobody is currently doing a lap, does it produce newly-engineered and improved audio??

• Funny Funny x 16
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
  19. Markus Fischböck

Markus Fischböck New Member

There was a nice hour long interview with Renato a couple years ago were he was very extensively talking about some restrictions the madness engine has. This was specifically on the topic of the replay system where you can’t just jump around on the timeline due to how Live Track is implemented. It just needs to play out in (accelerated) real time to keep track of road conditions. It’s quite a stretch for me to say not knowing the internals, but it seems the same is true for mid race saves. It seems that (at the moment) it is just not possible to create a snapshot of the current state of track/car/weather etc and resume from that at a later point.
    I hope it will be possible at some point, but from what I’ve got from that interview and the latest dev update this was just never planned to be possible when the engine was designed. Hope I don’t step on anyone’s toes here ;)

Really looking forward to the 1.6 release! Great job as always!

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On that front, you can already reduce aliasing if you have a NVIDIA RTX GPU, leveraging DLDSR.
    I made a post with details. It's particularly useful if playing at 1080p or 1440p. Less so at 4K.
    And DLDSR should have minor effect on performance (framerate) as it uses the Tensor cores for its heavy lifting, which are otherwise unused by AMS2 as it supports neither RT nor DLSS.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.