Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

proper competitive with some balance of performance series don’t pass that often either.
    If your making more than 1-2 passes in 2-5 laps , the Ai strength isn’t high enough, and same for the ai , they shouldn’t be passing each other constantly.
    Otherwise your just playing gran turismo..

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Thank God I wasnt the only one wandering about the complains haha

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

When i use custom AI and set different values for AI in the current release 1.5 AI are attached all the race in couples... in my opinion if AI has a major race speed value should be able to overtake the car in front and go away...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DaveLew

DaveLew Member

Judging from what was said on the AI video, they will be more decisive about making moves, both defending and overtaking, so hopefully this will mean faster AI drivers will be able to make their way through the field easier.

5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Have you seen the new AI video ? I believe your critique is for something that has been fixed already. And everyone who plays offline including myself was criticizing excessive bunching up of cars and it seems to have been fixed now.

Also have you raced online at all ? When you drive against people of similar skill levels there is often times no such thing as "going away" from anyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

For me the big problem in 1.5 AI is that it cant be decisive about overtaking, even fast classes cant overtake slower classes easily as they should, they brake even when the path is clear for them. In the 1.6 video it seems to be a major improvement to the AI.

7. leon_90

leon_90 Member AMS2 Club Member

I will, when you'll spend some time fixing and improving gamepad implementation

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Just a small comment - I notice a potential bug on the wet weather video. As the car comes onto the main straight at the end, it leaves an area with a lot of water, which naturally lowers the amount of mist being produced. When it returns to a wet area, a puff that was generated behind it reappears as though it is being generated but not in the location that the car is. It looks like the filter deciding how much spray to be produced is dependent on the current location of the car, regardless of whether the mist is located where the car is, so if it stays in the area it will "disappear" as the car leaves a wet area. I don't want to delay the update, but if you hadn't noticed it, I thought I'd just point it out in case it was a quirky thing that hadn't been observed before. Are my eyes deceiving me?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For anyone looking, it's after the bus stop, not on the grid straight. I can see what you mean.

Edit: Or whatever straight it is on that layout. I mixed up my layouts. Anyway, right after the bus stop. :confused:

10. Diego Scotto

Diego Scotto New Member

Good morning, I leave here three things that I noticed from abandoning so much and ending up watching AI races.
    - Kansai Classic TV camera does not work
    - FORMULA USA 2023 a car, the one driven by an Argentinian, does not have a physical driver, the car drives alone.
    - The formula McLarens start much worse than the rest of the category they race, they always lose several positions.

Greetings and thanks for this game.
    upload_2024-9-18_8-47-59.png

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well more than a bug, let's call it a rendering issue. The game doesn't render spray when it's really far away, so in replays you can sometimes see a car without spray only for that spray to get rendered the moment the car aproaches the camera, and in that instance the moment the car enters the "render" distance the spray that was previously there gets rendered aswell. It's noticiable in some cameras in replay and that one happens to be one of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Glad to see that AI seems to be getting good, nice one. Hopefully not long to 1.6 update. I've been waiting patiently... Haven't played all summer. :D Been trying other racing games. EA Sports WRC is quite good imo (PS5) and I am controller/gamepad player. Those Group B monsters are something else... :p Bought (50% discount) that newest Forza game on XSS but there is something missing. Of course I play many kinds of games but good racing with AI I yearn. About 75% of my freetime goes gaming.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Arconian

Arconian New Member

Also noticed this and I think it is actually a bug. There's also a bug with rain in the current version: when the track is wet and you cross the start/finish line your windshield gets sprayed with water even if you don't have cars in front of you (or, for instance, any cars on track at all). Looks like there's a bug with rendering when a new lap starts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Stepy

Stepy Member

That reminds me, if you play Le mans track (not sure if it happens on any other track) in the current build and it starts of a wet track and say after a few laps the track drys out you pit for slicks and then maybe you decided to watch a replay when the replay ends and your back in game and the track is now wet again, its like the weather reverts to what the weather at the start of the session was . Hope this is fixed in 1.6

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

No karts are on the "finished list" yet. I believe they will be last to get updated (for a few reasons).

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. mr cheese

mr cheese New Member

This happens to me on as well on all tracks. If you watch a replay, upon ending the replay, the track reverts to whatever conditions it was at the start. So for example if the race starts wet, then dries out, after watching a replay suddenly the track will be soaked again. Hopefully this is fixed

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. Mikuri

Mikuri New Member

Netcode and multiplayer updates, very very hyped to test this!
    :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Majestic

Majestic Member

I really liked the dev blog. Thanks to the team for v1.6. I have already seen a message about the engine and its limitations, but we really need to increase the grid to 48 people in multiplayer, this is necessary in order to lure as many people as possible into LFM, etc. The function of changing the pilot during the race is also required, so that you can ride long races in teams. Maybe, somewhere in the future, it will still be possible to do this somehow?:oops::oops::oops:

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

When it comes to the topic of increasing the grid size, can there not be incremental tests like increasing player counts to 36 for a start and see how that goes ? Does not have to be straight to 96 and wreck the game, but just a slight bump in numbers or is the 32 limit at the moment already causing issues that any more than that would break things even if it was set to 34 ?

20. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Why on earth more than 36 drivers in multiplay should be reqired?
    If i'm looking nowadays, grids with more than 16 people are extremely seldom.
    Do you guys expect the game to become a direct competitor to iRacing or even ACC after the update?
    I think you're much to optimistic about the multiplayer part. I would suggest first to wait how things go.
    Maybe i'm wrong?

Driver swap im MP and save during a race would be a cool feature, i think.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.