Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I'm away from it for more than a year, I had no idea! I'll have to check it out tonight. I just saw they released the Mack Pinnacle in ATS, pretty cool truck, i'll get the new map dlc too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GabDeto

GabDeto New Member AMS2 Club Member

Am I the only one who really wants improvements in rallycross? In my opinion, it's the least "refined" class among all. The tracks are very interesting, but at the moment, everything feels too much like a beta, especially regarding car behavior (I'm an old RBR user) and particularly the AI. I hope that these "minor categories" (like the 60s/70s formula cars) receive equal attention because it's not just about GT3 and F1 Ultimate2. Just my 2 cents, of course.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 2
  3. PostBox981

PostBox981 Member

I can only speak for myself: Rallyecross is the least thing I am interested in. I am all for tarmac.

Would be interesting to find out the percentage of players that use rallyecross. Maybe the server list gives us an idea.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. TheOriginalStix

TheOriginalStix New Member

Personally I really like RX in AMS2, I've especially had a lot of fun throwing different cars around those tracks. If we can get some good additions to rallycross at some point, both in improved racing and more content, I'll be all over it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a Quest 2 and 3, and for both, I bought the elite straps from Kiwi. They are amazing and inexpensive. I also have AMVR facial interfaces for both, which I really like.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

I've got a new job and noticed that there appears to be the possibility for VR on linux with ALVR (streaming over wifi). Really considering the Quest 3 - is it worth it? Does anyone have experience of ALVR (and on linux, if i'm lucky?)?

7. Akak7

Akak7 New Member

Thanks, I actually already had a look to the Kiwi straps, but the reviews looked kind of fake (that was my feeling) and some negative reviews indicated that the thing breaks easily after a few months, that's why I hesitated and ended up not buying it. I will probably give it a try now, I'd love to run 1 hour races without suffering :) it is also the reason why I don't use the headset to play Ets2 and use instead a flat screen, since the relaxing gameplay quickly becomes not relaxing anymore when your head is sort of hurting

8. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

I don't remember which one I bought. It was a long time ago. To be honest, any strap will be an improvement. Check the reviews on Amazon.

9. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

Hello everyone! I have a questione for the community. I have a i7-13700k, RTX 4070ti super and 32gb Ram. How you suggest to setup the graphic mode? SMAA Ultra or MSAA high?

10. Alexandre Costa

I love rallycross. I've been opening servers for it almost every evening, no one joins. I can't make AI to complete the grid, idk why.

But I disagree that it is not refined, for me it is quite good, although I don't like Formula Dirt or Kart Cross, only RX.

11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I would push AMS2 to the limit and see how the performance is like

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. David Castiñeiras

David Castiñeiras New Member

The best GT3s are from Rfactor 2 without a doubt in my opinion

• Disagree x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  14. Alexandre Costa

Physics wise it is hard to compete with rf2. The problem is everything else in that game.

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  15. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

As other people mentioned here are you using the base strap ? That is terrible, you have to get an aftermarket special strap.

I also have a Quest 3 and my strap looks like this. The comfort with it is perfect and i can do 2 and half hour endurnace races no problem.
    215_135246.jpg

16. TomLehockySVK

No point having amazing physics when everything else is terrible or meh and painful at best.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Personally (just my preference), RX is one of the things I feel the game would be better without because keeping parts of the game like that updated must cause Reiza no end of headaches. Completely agree about the vintage classes though, my personal wish is for them to focus on >1970 motorsport with their excellent period track roster and fingers crossed that content gets a boost at some point - I hope (and suspect) that will be done when Reiza turn their focus to the vintage Le Mans content.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. TomLehockySVK

With so many people playing AMS2 everyone has different interests. I feel the Rallycross is in the same place as the Oval racing - too sparse, there would need to be at least 4 more RX tracks and 4 more ovals to give the racing category a proper presence in the game.

Saying it should not be expanded upon makes it a waste to have it even in the first place. There has been so much work put into it already and i firmly believe if there was just more of it then it would get more attention from players.

In the last NoobGamerz season we had a 45 minute race with the Copa Uno at the Ascurra RX track and the experience was awesome ! Just still needs more variety same with the oval racing.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Nibi-Vr

Nibi-Vr New Member

That would be amazing

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. DaveLew

DaveLew Member

Something I hope comes with the IMSA license is a collection of older IMSA and ALMS cars (Ford GT, Ferrari 430, Dodge Viper, various prototypes, etc.), along with older track configurations where necessary.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.