Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I knew they are in TCR because of forza too, but I dont follow TCR, maybe I should. I only watch the IMSA TCR sometimes, but the brand is not there.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. LostPatrol

LostPatrol Member

That would be cool especially the 3 wheelers and Aero 8 GT Race Car.

3. mansell

mansell Active Member

the vast majority of real world racers too.
    Why is GT3 racing so popular today?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Im not a GT3 enthusiast, but people give it too much **** haha, they can make for some fun racing to watch and to race from time to time. Also all the best liveries.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I agree with your point, but it reminds me I was at the N24 a few years ago and in the 3 Hour Classic race the leading M1 and 935 had lapped the tailend Trabants and NSUs before the latter had completed their first lap.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. mansell

mansell Active Member

and some of the most beautiful vehicles in motorsports today IMO.
    racing is competition. aids are available for everyone. using them makes you slower. your choice. the fastest/smartest wins. thats it

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. harizrushdi

harizrushdi Wiki Helper

If nothing else, I think the GT3 class deserves respect for its sheer longevity. In sports car racing, there tends to be a boom/bust cycle going on - even the legendary Group C era did not last longer than a decade. GT3 has been around since the mid 2000s.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. OnionJack

OnionJack New Member

Group C got kinda killed :(

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

Group C really didn't get killed so to say. '82 to '93 is pretty good run. It led to the development of the Le Mans Prototype class. It's more or less succession of the same concept, only in different terms. :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. VultUx

VultUx New Member

I recommend any BoboVR products.

M1
    M2
    A2

The original strap from Meta it is a medieval torture device.

11. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

Sadly there is a big jump between the GT5 cars and GT4 cars. There is nothing between 200 and 350bph for proper multiclass racing.
    On top of that the GT4 cars are overpowered because they follow the Imperio Endurance BOP.

Something like the BMW CS Racing in ACC would be more than welcome.
    The Ginetta G65 GTA with 270bhp would also be a great car to fill the gap.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. John Hart12

John Hart12 New Member

What about if Reiza put 'Team' in the custom AI file so that we could have team mates and a constructors title to fight for. For example Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri would have team 1 which would equal McLaren.
    All they'd have to do in the game is if teams exist show the constructors table as well as the drivers table. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
  13. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

What a great combo, GPLaps. Precise, engaging narrative delivered by a silken voice. Swoon!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

PC2 does that to a degree. Would love
    I wish I could find more on how to drive all of the rallycross cars. My only experience with them is in AMS2. It is cool to drive something different now and again. Shorter races are cool too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wilfrandy Ramirez

Wilfrandy Ramirez Member

Just passing by to check at how many pages we are already. Anyone feel happy about the update but like underwhelmed at the same time? A weird sense. We just have to wait for the release and get hands on, also for "confirmation" of the new cars (the spoilers from Renato pictures don't count). See what surprises they have for us. Gonna ride that Lambo GTP into the sunset bend walls a Sebring for sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

nils.jpeg
    The moment of truth is approaching, with his newly gained experience on the real racetrack, Nils is probably ahead of some of us in his assessment of driving behavior. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about this.

• Like Like x 1
  17. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

I completely agree. I always found it... frustrating when watching him talk down on AMS2 but that's just my inner fanboy reacting. It's always been clear that he has a very good understanding of what's going on in sim models and is generally objective, even if I didn't like hearing bad things about my fave sim. Imagine if we finally had someone saying "THIS is the most realistic sim, and i've driven real cars" with such a community. It would do wonders for AMS2.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I appreciate Nils for being able to get his point across without being overly dramatic and usually providing some insight and data on why he thinks what he thinks, it’s rare these days.

He already let the cat out of the bag in a way: V1.6 is much better than V1.5, which I would say is a positive thing regardless of what else he feels about it.

Not sure the most realistic sim exists either, many sims do some things very well, but not all of them in the same sim. This creates enormous anxiety in many sim racers, they need a definitve answer and validation ;)

It’s a hard life.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

It will not matter. For every "I raced real cars and this sim is accurate" there's 10 "I raced real cars and this sim is way off". And that goes for ALL sims not just AMS2. The fact is, the player is somewhat removed from reality by his hardware and its setup and the fact that some input stimuli is not available in the sim (eg G-Forces) and therefore other factors have to substitute (FFB) and how well these other factors work as a substitute varies from person to person, hardware combo setup to hardware combo setup.

Besides, why would people take his opinion more seriously than our own resident experienced racer @Marc Collins?

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

You're right really. I know that it is kind of silly to expect a sim to be "the most realistic" when it's all so subjective. I just know a lot of people put faith into comments like this and believe them, and I feel it'd be helpful for AMS2 for people to think that it is the most realistic sim (it is of course, their stated goal, as for all serious sim designers).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.