Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenC

BenC New Member

I'm very curious to know what Nils is gonna say about 1.6. After I tested myself of course. But at the same time he more than once 'spoiled' the fun in previous updates for me. It's like some 'now you know you can't unsee' things about the driving I didn't noticed at first, but can't unsee after he told it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Also add that "absolute" realism or even close to is somewhere in financial la-la land. Sims have to run reliably on years old PCs and consoles. Even if you could afford it, updating your system every few months to the latest and greatest is not practical or efficient. We can only expect realism that runs on consumer level equipment, not the seven-figure stuff of the pros.
    If you pursue perfection at the expense of joy, good luck finding satisfaction.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

What did this guy say about the current physics? I dont watch watch any simracers youtubers really.

4. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wait for V1.6 ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Realism doesn't have to have anything to do with the latest hardware. I can achieve the same realism with a strap base as with a dd base and motion and VR and buttkicker and and and... I differentiate between realism and immersion, which for me are 2 completely different things. Nils also tests without immersion hardware - there's a reason for that. The most important tools are the hands and feet to feel the realism as best as possible with all the compromises compared to reality. Everything else is immersion and enhances certain senses. But realism will never be achieved 100%, you can only try to simulate it as best as possible

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. BenC

BenC New Member

That's one of the best simrace physics videos ever

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

A consumer PC will never have the power to duplicate every RL force is what I'm saying. But we're basically saying the same thing. "Realism will always be subjective b/c limiting factors such as hardware, budget, market, etc. Subjective is still real.

To get deep, even what is objective is a subjective decision.

8. Turbo Granny

I'll watch, I dont have anything against the current physics really, except some cars that act a bit weird, I think its already a vast improvement over the previous physics. But yeah, people are talking so many good things about 1.6 that i cant wait.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wu!

Initially you're just more likely to spin in V1.6, or not, but it took me a while to adjust. Game really does not like you to crank on too much steering angle anymore but turns in much better than before if you get it right... or come into a corner at a weird angle and brake. You will spin or understeer badly.

That was the biggest difference for me anyway, together with not being able to slingshot my way out of a corner. But what's in between will feel familiar... it's something :)

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Turbo Granny

I think this might actually suit my driving style better than the current physics. People talk about how you can abuse the steering angle but I never do it like that haha.

11. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

No matter what any influencer is telling me about any sim, I have to look for myself if it reaches my taste. And at the moment AMS2 is the sim i'm feeling the most "at home" when driving. Even if every influencer would claim the contrary.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Influencer, no way

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. Greenblob

Greenblob New Member

Interesting sim racing development views in a video interview with Romain Grosjean from a few days ago. Specifically where he discusses sim racings ever more complex tire models, track evolution ideas, and overall driving feel, as well as where they can still improve.

Seemed right on topic to share here. His thoughts are balanced and pretty well spoken imo.
    Feel like Reiza have nicely anticipated and addressed many of the points he raises in the two 1.6 written updates.

(Time stamped to start at the sim development part of the interview)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Harry_Harras

Harry_Harras New Member

If that is the case then it is Bad news for users who play with Controller only.

Reiza should rly develop the Controller Support of this game more. It is so bare Bones but was manageable to a degree for dedicated Controller users. I hope it stays that way After 1.6

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Wu!

Can’t say I ever played with a controller, but it might not be as bad as you think. The whole process of cornering is in a way much more subdued and less “wild” than it used to be.

@Dicra is the resident controller expert I believe, might be able to shed some more light on this.

16. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From the testing I've done on 1.6 physics with a gamepad with default AMS2 controller settings, braking can be quite difficult compared to using a steering wheel, but other than that I don't think it takes too much time to adapt to the gamepad driving style.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ralonso

Ralonso Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Excactly!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Can more differences be felt between the cars?

19. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

EDIT: Never mind

Last edited: Sep 20, 2024
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  20. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

Personally I agree, ACC has questionable tyres and physics over bumps/curbs and the AI sucks. LMU has questionable AI and tyres too, can't get soft tyres to optimal temps on the hottest tracks and you can't go low enough on pressure to get the omi temps correct on the rears. No offline championship yet. RF2 is similar. That leaves AMS2 as the best balance for me, the added bonus is the bewildering amount of content and some real gems of Brazil circuits.

Naysayers will shout, **** 'em I say, enjoy what you like!

I hope 1.6 arrives before next weekend. I won't be able to enjoy it until Xmas otherwise, work away from home beckons. :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.