Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnH

JohnH Member

Pardon the rant in advance, I just felt the surge of passion when reading through
    As a dude who has played and followed the evolution of ams2 since release, to me it has always seemed through reiza´s communication and concrete actions that one of the main goals is to keep the game accessible to everyone. Be it low end PC´s and hardware controllers I very much believe everything that can be done is done. Reiza being a small Brazil based studio (though quite international personnel wise) is something that while being somewhat of an underdog in the genre financially, might just be an advantage in placing themselves in the position of average virtual racing enthusiast. Not everyone has the money to invest into latest and the greatest yet those who do are always the first to give **** and outright demand things. One thing that really bothers my buttocks is the rhetoric of fixing things, yeah you do fix things but no matter where there is discussion about ams2 everything is always talked in way that it´s fully broken, not slightly off in need of fine tuning but instead it needs to be fixed. Period. So what´s up with that, it sounds like the big bad diaper man speaking, sure the simracing community can do better.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2024
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I think here in the forum people are mostly chill and understand things are on ongoing development, AMS 2's subreddit though gets me angry every time i take a look at it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mansell

mansell Active Member

in ACC, AI cars have the same physics with the player.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2024
  4. JohnH

JohnH Member

Some of reddit discussion is outright trolling, but I´m pretty sure quite a big portion is also because of not understanging the game and depth of simulation aspects. And I kinda get it, the sim is affordable and engaging so it attracts folks that haven´t necessarily played "proper sims" before and it can get confusing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I couldn't imagine the proper led-signage remaining absent for too long, on the classes that run it irl.
    I mean the GTE got position leds for spot one, two and three.
    I do vaguely recall a mention of it in earlier notes...
    Judging by how deep they're going into all the details now I'd say windshield and door leds will be a thing.

6. Tornado

Tornado New Member

strange... because as for my opinion even good old GTR2 is still the best racing game for me considering both - physics and racing with AI... AMS2 is good but still not there

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

I'm controller/gamepad player and excited for 1.6 as I haven't played AMS2 for a while. I didn't have any problems to adapt from AMS1 (best controller/gamepad controls imho) to AMS2, just needed to find correct settings that suits my driving style and I could mostly adapt if needed (my settings on AMS2, 75 steer sens, 75 speed sens, 0 dampering, deadzone 0). AMS 2 controller settings are much better than any newest F1 games but not perfect. But I must say I really like EA Sports WRC (PS5) controller/gamepad settings and found my groove in that game. First difficulty was about 70 and now it is about 80 to 90 depending on car (RWD or 4WD). I have logitech g29 in my closet but haven't used it since 2017. It was on sale and only about 180 euros or something and tested but left gathering dust since. I have always told myself this is the game I have been waiting for a long time. Maybe finally everything clicks together and we see almost perfect sim racing game. I'm getting pumped up when someone says we controller/gamepad users are inferior (can't find other word or maybe I misunderstood) to wheel users but I say everyone is equal. Everyone use device they are comfortable with. I use xbox 360 controller when playing AMS2. Racing games usually are only games where I hate losing. That's why I want to get good and perfect a lap or even a whole race and get that pumped up feeling. Racing sports are my favorite by far to any other sports. Remembering some extraordinary Finnish drivers gives me some tears. Sorry for some semi rambling and my English, got small amount of alcohol in my veins. :D

• Friendly x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  8. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider Member

Wonder if there be the option to run the Lambo Super Trofeo series with the IMSA liveries?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Bađi

Bađi Member

Man I can't wait for the LFM integration. Just got off AMS2, two short online races. Probably the most fun I've had in a video game in quite a while. Strenght of field varies a bit but seeing 20-25 cars on track in an AMS2 online race just sparks joy. Game is getting some traction and love it deserves finally...:p

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wilfrandy Ramirez

Wilfrandy Ramirez Member

Will have to wait for the next development update

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, it is an exception which proves two things:
    • AI using player physics has little impact on the quality or realism of the AI (based on the overwhelming proportion of negative reviews of ACC AI)
    • ACC physics cannot be as advanced as AMS 2 or rF2/LMU, etc., because if it was and you ran a large field it would bring any modern computer to its knees
      • Given that ACC runs on console, it presumably uses the same "light" physics like every other console racing game

Last edited: Sep 21, 2024
    • Agree x 4
    • Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  12. asalton

asalton Copa Classic driver

You are on point, my friend, I'm amazed at how well AMS2 runs on my ancient crap laptop..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I think the "Up in Running in No Time On Most Equipment" is an underrated feature of AMS2. I'm running a 4070ti now but I began AMS2 with an RX580 with fairly decent fps. Plus the load times are never long. I'm sure the whole crew is very proud of this accomplishment. I cherish the security of AMS2.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  14. WizL94

WizL94 New Member

This is a quote from the dev update part 1: "We have also added support for various types of new vehicle lights, ranging from extra headlights to blinking warning LEDsas well as purposeful LEDs such as the P2P status lights in the Brazilian Stock Car Pro series."

So there is hope!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

It could be small man syndrome. Some average players invest in expensive rigs (and paid setups while we are at it) hoping it will bridge the gap between their skills and those of better players and can take getting beaten by someone on a mouse and keyboard or a joystick. Players who really master sim racing will still be better even on a 10 USD Chinese gamepad, it´s the same as with guitarists, their sound will be similar whatever guitar they pick up in a shop, whereas wannabes spend thousands on guitars, pedals, amps etc to try and recreate that sound but the are missing the feel and talent.

Another thing is that the game developer only has so many man hours available and probably does not prioritise the set up for a small minority of digital players and will instead spend hours on tweaking force feedback when no two people are alike in how they prefer that to be, so it is tail chasing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

From the people i talked it depends on what way the bugs ruined their experience. A year ago i used to race with a certain group that most gave up because their races were ruined always with a pitstop strategy that did not change their tires, it was a known bug that got fixed thankfully.

But now in the stable release there are two terrifying pitstop bugs where if a race is set to mandatory stop and you do your stop, there is a chance it will not count and just disqualify you, or the other bug where it will not refuel your car. Here is my strategy, tried it in a practice race and did not worked still. Tested my second strategy and that one worked, no explanation why.
    20240918223741_1 – kópia.jpg

If something like that ruins your race on a regular basis of course you'd call the game the worst thing ever. I was lucky that in over two years i experienced these bugs only twice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. LostPatrol

LostPatrol Member

Summer in the Northern hemisphere ends tomorrow.

So this weekend I expect to have two days of increasing excitement, followed by crushing disappointment when 1.6 doesn’t release :).

I do so hope I’m wrong! Yes and I know it’s ready when its ready :)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I started a new Honour mode in Baldurs gate 3, I'm prepared to spend a good time on it before 1.6 comes out haha.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Tim Heinemann said that the ACC physics for the GT3 cars are very realistic with one small exception: They are a little to stiff on the Nordschleife. As someone who got into real racing via sim racing and is actually racing GT3 cars, I would say he is a reliable source.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

I think it should be rephrased. The driving experience is realistic. The tyres (physics) are certainly not realistic in terms of the tyre pressure. The suspension also behaves strangely over large bumps and curbs, launching the car randomly. My main issue with ACC however is the AI, it is very poor, even if it is on the same physical model as the player. I have very poor internet due to where I live, so online play is untenable.

Edit.

To come back to topic, AMS2 and the Reiza team acknowledge the shortcomings of their game and do the up most to improve it. I hope 1.6 lives up to expectations! Kunos however fail to acknowledge such issues, but have developed the game pretty well from the initial disaster at release. The simulator is believed to be the one and only true sim in their eyes and the forum is perhaps the most toxic I have ever encountered.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.