Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, if you look at the screenshots in the first post of this thread i think you will find your answer...as you can clearly see the led lights

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought he was asking the distinguishing colored bars, but maybe indeed he wasnt.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

This thread is too slow. We need to get to 200 pages ASAP.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Justmamba

Justmamba New Member

I made an account to say the same thing. Haha

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fiyah

Fiyah Member

Just got a a button box! What a nice difference and increase in immersion, especially when you have the option to auto start engine set to off.

May i recommend 2 things with regard to engine start / off and pit-to-garage, besides pit-to-box.

1. It would be a nice little feature to have an engine-off switch, currently i have to flip the fuel switch to on and then flip it to off to switch off the engine when arriving to the pit box.

2. Would it be possible to have an option to pit-to-garage direct to car setup / advanced setup with nice little eye candy animation of the pit crew pushing the car back into the garage with an immediate transition to vehicle setup ? This would be a very lovely addition to Motorsports simulation :)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

you can bind ignition on/off toggle separately from start engine…

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Fiyah

Fiyah Member

Separate binding for engine start assigned to the engine start button, ignition is assigned to a switch, which i still have to move to the upward position and then down again to switch off the engine.

8. Simeon

Simeon New Member

Thats rather an issue of the kind of switch you use. Most games only allow momentary inputs, so a switch that returns to its unpressed position.
    A switch that stays in the position you switch it to will be an issue in every simracing title.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

This probably works where you have one shape of car like the F1 Games, but AMS2 Cars have so many shapes and sizes that animating them all would be a waste of resources

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Maybe it should be a thing that you can go back in to the pits and choose between changing tyres and changing the car’s setup

• Like Like x 3
  11. LostPatrol

LostPatrol Member

Yep it would be a nightmare and you’d probably end up with the pit crew clipping through the cars more often than not. AAA FPS games still struggle with this type of thing with the loadout screens showing the player character holding on to part of a gun that doesn’t exist because they only have a limited number of animations. Although you might not have as many variants in a racing sim doing that with 2, 3 or 4 people around a variety of different cars would be a pain.

12. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

It would still be interesting seeing how they'd push this big boy into the garage :cool:. Everyone including the janitor would probably have to be included there.
    20230109175225_1 – kópia.jpg

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. harizrushdi

harizrushdi Wiki Helper

Now I'm genuinely curious, how do they do it in real life?

15. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Just a regular big garage.
    20230109175225_1 – kópia.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
  16. DaveLew

DaveLew Member

Honestly though having an option like in the latest LMU update where the game pause when you get into your box in an offline race so you can decide on fuel and tyres for the stop without doing it on the OSD on the straights, would be great.

The number of times I've crashed myself into a wall because I was trying to select the right amount of fuel in the OSD while driving at 200mph :D

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I completely agree, I'm old-school as in an old man and multi tasking was never something I was good at as I was taught to focus and do one thing really well, rightly or wrongly! Unfortunately there are a number of aspects of the game that would be catered for by your pit chief/crew which I've never aspired to for their specific tasks, I just wanna drive fast. Great idea @DaveLew

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Djin

Djin Active Member

Same issue here—it would be great to have something similar to LMU or even GT7/Forza when entering the pits. In GT7, a menu appears as soon as you enter the pit lane, and the car automatically drives to the pit box, giving you plenty of time to select tires and fuel, even during online races. It would be great to have this as an optional setting. This wouldn’t mean removing the feature for those who enjoy it, but some of us prefer to drive as sim-racers, not sim-engineers :).

I really dislike having to fumble with buttons to find the right tires while simultaneously calculating the right amount of fuel. Could we also get a preview of how many laps we can complete with X liters of fuel?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh yes PLEASE this would be so awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  20. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or like in iRacing where the amount of fuel needed for the rest is automatically added +2 laps. In real life, the driver doesn't have to calculate this either, it's set by the team in the pits.

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.