Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F2020

F2020 Member

I have a Quest 2 and a 3080 and its pin sharp with the settings i use.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh! But it was not sweating because it was hot, it was a cold sweat due to the damn nausea I had :confused:

3. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Yep, and others will claim they don't see pixels at all and you're doing it wrong and you need OTT and play with settings and that will "fix" it.
    No amount of supersampling or anything can fix resolution when your eyes are this close to a display.
    I see pixelation too and it only really starts to improve when we get up to what 5k(2880*2880 per eye) with a Pimax.
    And the moment I actually pull the trigger and buy one new, an unexpected 8k offering will shake up the market for sub 1000$, because that tends to happen to me.
    VR sacrifices crispness of image for immersion and depth perception, simple as that.
    It all gets worse once you grow accustomed to 4k high refresh/high settings. Then it's good luck getting used to "less".
    I dust off the goggles from time to time in scenarios where there's no time for visuals anyway. (Flight sim acrobatics...)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Nah, with the Quest 3 and Quest 2 AM2 looks amazing. The only problem visually is aliasing and specially pixelated shadow maps, but that is more something that AMS2's engine isn't good with, still an issue in 2d, and thankfully it's something that Renato mentions in this thread that it might be fixed. Color quality and refresh is dependent on what display you have. Yeah, colors look worse than with my LG Oled, but I can run AMS2 and 120hz too, same as my Oled.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Also to mention, the image quality with Virtual Desktop if far superior to the quality with Link/AirLink. Bad settings or not enough supersampling can indeed look awful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I had the Quest 2 for a short while and sent it back, it is absolutely terrible, meanwhile Quest 3 is amazing.

8. FastForward

FastForward New Member

Just had a race with AI GT3s into dawn on the Nordschleife - I forgot how much fun this game is and how much better it looks compared to iRacing. Where iRacing is about absolute precision with AMS2 I‘m wrestling the car. Now really looking forward to 1.6 :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

I have no idea which of us is doing something wrong, but in my opinion there is nothing better than the USB connection. VD can use other codecs but even with a wifi6 router at 160hz I can't get the same sharpness and fluidity. I'm always surprised when people say sim racing is better with VD. So not for me, no matter how I configure it. USB3 is the standard for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Mathias Papendorf

Mathias Papendorf New Member AMS2 Club Member

I solved this with an halo strap and a windsim.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

The most important thing is that it's right for you, no matter what immersion hardware it is

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

VoiceAttack is great for vr. I use it for the icm menu, so easy for pit strategies. When I say "tyres" it goes straight there, same with "fuel" "request pit stop" etc. Was a bugger to set up though, hope it hasn't changed much for 1.6.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

Interesting. I think that future sim racing games should be able to monitor and referee these sort of things that are indeed regulated. Currently it all is under the "Forza Motorsport standard".

14. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

1.6 is supposed to bring more precission to the table.

15. Akak7

Akak7 New Member

Mind sharing those settings?

• Like Like x 1
  16. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

One day you don´t need a VR-Headset anymore because the screen in front of you will do all this effects. Until then I will use VR and upgrade at the end of this year to the latest Pimax and GPU. Together with a motion system VR is unbeatable...

Liebe Grüsse in die Schweiz...;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. BobbyB

BobbyB Member

I wonder how the Oreca 07 will compare to the GTP's in pace. I have been using the P1 Class as a substitute. Will they be faster slower or around the speed of the P1 Gen 2's?

18. Marcos Santos

Marcos Santos Member

Oreca will probably be faster, since P1 are LMP3 cars..

19. BobbyB

BobbyB Member

They are? I suppose the top speed would be lower seeing that the 07 doesn't have DRS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

The AJR and the Sigma P1 are not LMP3 of course, the Ligier is. But from what i understand they are BOP'ed to be a bit faster than the usual LMP3, I guess in terms of speed they are like LMP2.5 if it makes any sense. I'm pretty sure the Ligiers racing in the endurance Brasil have more power than usual, so they can keep up with the brazilian prototypes.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.