Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Great choice!

Love X4.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They weren't necessarily buffed in ELMS, they were allowed to run at their intial weight and power when they were first introduced which was 930kg and 580hp.

In IMSA they run at 950kg, 20kg heavier than the original 930kg, and are detuned from 580bhp to 500hp.

Since we are getting IMSA LMP2s those are the likely figures we will see from them. 950kg +85kg for the driver so 1035kg and 500hp.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Sorry, this makes little sense to me.
    We're talking about a sim, to emulate reality. It's our gear that should emulate that reality, not the other way around.
    Besides, you own the game and you can mod it to you're liking. You can make cars with your stuff in there.

From a development point of view, using resources this way makes no sense (yes, there's lots of work involved... the wheels/boxes must be modeled in 3D, make the necessary lights work and still the buttons will never work... you still have to press buttons and turn the wheel in the real thing :cool:)

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

So you don't like the idea of a modern F1 car using a Logitech G29 :D ?
    45684itled-1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 24
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Creative Creative x 2
  5. OnionJack

OnionJack New Member

so they were nerfed! :mad:

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Respectfully, I think you are chasing ghosts here. Even the series with fancy rules, like F1 today, only have those rules to apportion blame and penalties after-the-fact when an incident occurs. Racing requires mutual respect and discretion, period. And you also know the F1 corner "rule" is broken constantly throughout the races. No one but the drivers involved care (and may remember to comment later or repay a favour). It is only when it is too late and a lap or race is already ruined (for at least one of the two) that the "rule" comes into play.

There is no way to magically implement this rule even as a player. If I brake too late or try a too-optimistic pass, I can't magically slow or stop the car when it approaches the magic determination point on the other car. I either correct my mistake in the nick of time, or, hit the opponent, or, and this is where the problem comes in, the opponent is aware enough to save themselves from injury and lets me the offending party slide through with both of us unharmed. How would a video game, or a real steward (other than with 30 cameras and sensors in modern F1) judge whether the driver being passed wimped-out or was less skilled than he who passed him versus being a genius who avoided being wiped-out by an overly-aggressive opponent?

Close the door before the car behind can make an inside move, or, be prepared to get dive-bombed and passed. That's all there is to it in real racing. What we hope is that when a door is left open, sometimes knowingly, sometimes not, the pass occurs by going through the open door and not by bulldozing down the whole door and door frame in the process.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice! I would put Thrustmaster Ferrari SF1000 and extra buttonbox in Lotus 49 for greater immersion.

8. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They had to be or they would be beating Hypercars/LMDhs in pace. When the hypercar rules were being drawn up the goal to keep costs lower was to aim for LMP2 performance which is about what they achieve. This meant that LMP2 was going to get nerfed. For ELMS though since it's the top category there was no reason to keep them at a lower performance so they reversed the nerfs.

9. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

Jumped first into LMU in VR to test how it looks and then went into AMS2. Damn thats a huge difference. AMS2 is ok another level. It looks awesome on day racing. Tested in Night Race, unfortunately looks a a bit weird with the lights at night..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. B Stu

B Stu Member

Love it! But what about our controller comrades? ;-)

• Funny Funny x 6
  11. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Oceangate Titan Simulator ™️ will have you covered when it releases!
    Get immersed in the complete insanity of descending almost 4000m in an uncertified tumble dryer!(To actually play, allegedly you have to go through the actual waiver that mentions risk of death about 28 times!:D)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. GROVER-8-SRT

GROVER-8-SRT Member

I think that in the current version we play, AI drivers in many categories make extremely optimistic attempts exactly at corner apex even overstepping the apex and go onto the grass which is definitely annoying and can end in race ending damage to the player, (with no current performance slowing effect to the AI), if they don't know the quirks of how AMS2 AI race.

While I agree you can't pull out of a move once you commit, generally this behaviour they exhibit should be reserved for Max aggression not Medium or even Low.

(Btw why is Low, Low? Shouldn't it be Min if we're using Max?)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Stepy

Stepy Member

Just noticed I`ve clocked up 2067 hours in AMS 2 :cool:

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

This reminds me of a lifelong argument with my sister about driving in wide roundabouts, with more than one lane.
    She keeps saying that you can only exit a roundabout from the outer lane of the roundabout. I think that rule is not practical in the vast mayority of roundabouts because they are too short for doing lane changing while you are on the roundabout. You have to use common sense, signaling and relative speed awareness.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I am not questioning that AI need some work--Reiza has already said they are working on all the known issues for v 1.6. My point is that the AI and us humans all need to use discretion rather than a prescriptive rule (set or book) when making passes in corners, since statistically that is the most likely place a collision will occur. Online, especially, most collisions could be avoided if players deployed the same behaviour they would if it was real life with risk of expensive damage or risk to their own health. We'll see if the AI can be programmed to think the same way :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

To solve ALL this, BeamNG collision physics.

People will love to crash each other everyday.

17. _ShadowWolfe

_ShadowWolfe Member

It's been a while since I've tried to look for anything Season Pass related, but how likely would it be for something like 2024-2026? I wouldn't want to get myself into the situation of buying both Endurance Packs and Le Mans only to then see a new Season Pass soon after.

(Going off the DLC history of maybe 3-5 DLC releases per year, it wouldn't be too big of a deal, just curious!)

18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Of course ! Gamepad users should not be left behind either.
    6486546.jpg

• Funny Funny x 17
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

Devs so silent

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SparksV

SparksV New Member

From what I remember a lot of people who bought the Season Pass early were very angry and vocally critical of Reiza missing deadlines sometimes (even if they eventually delivered and in some cases overdelivered) so Reiza decided to move away from the Season Pass model as to not make "false promises".
    But now there are two bundles on Steam that let you buy all currently released DLCs with a discount. And all new DLCs are added to those bundles when released so you can get newly released DLCs cheaper with the bundle if you already own all previous DLCs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.