Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You've got it in a nutshell, that is exactly my attitude/approach to racing and just to reiterate I said I was hoping for AI to go in this direction.

@GROVER-8-SRT put it very well above post #712

All I can say about this is that when approaching a corner a decision in coding is made so that if there is some overlap the spotter tells me to "keep your line" and this decision is made based on determining the relative positions of the cars to each other. I'm asking for a bit more leeway on this. And of course I understand that things can go terribly wrong in a move I'm just hoping that the general 'over optimistic' nature of these AI moves be reduced. I'll leave it at that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Michael Lewis

Michael Lewis New Member

Must be close now can't wait to see the changes. I love this sim so much and my main frustration is 1. If i am late on the brakes and tap the back of the AI car they are fine but if they get close to me and tap me i go spinning of whilst they drive off into the distance:mad: The other is when you seem to get tangled with one car and it seems like you are glued together but not if it's the AI cars coming together.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. OldButVerySlow

OldButVerySlow New Member

No one so far has speculated about the UI changes. I hope it will be more than just a new packaging of the car classes. Especially with the planned integration in LFM I am hoping for changes also with the Dedicated Server, so that it will be easier to configure and use for private leagues.

4. Akak7

Akak7 New Member

I really hope that the UI is for the most part completely overhauled. It is definitely not in par with the quality of the game, like how awesome this game in VR is and how painfully horrible it is to customize your HUD elements while VR

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Adjusting the HUD in VR is truly awful. I was able to figure out how to adjust it better but that requires a gamepad. Even with that it is still not good so let's hope the new UI will fix it. Here is the way how to do it with a gamepad:
    AMS 2 VR Hud.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Hamady91

Hamady91 Member

The food is nearly ready to be served or need to be cooked ? :rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

7. Nibi-Vr

Nibi-Vr New Member

Hello everyone
    I would like drive A424 on Le Mans and A442 on old Le Mans ,I Hope reiza can make my dream
    Ps:do you know if is it possible ,on the next update ,change driver (not iA,real driver ) for play long race ? Please reiza or mr éminence answer me ..
    Have a good day for all

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

It means developers are busy testing stuff and releasing new beta builds.

9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Need to simmer the salad dressing. :eek:

MP-Driver change will not be part of 1.6 unfortunately.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

and with respect I disagree (I never found you to be otherwise than respectful). As I already said I have used this guide by real life amateur racers as the basis for the rights and wrongs of passing safely, safely being the critical word here and it is all laid out clearly how and why in this article which imo has a great attitude to this. Maybe you didn't find time to read what it says?

The Guide to Road Racing, Part 8: Passing Etiquette - Winding Road Magazine

but you clearly put your finger on the problem that it depends on the willingness and respect of other racers for it to work. Bad human behaviour of this nature, encouraged by racing 'games' like GT and F1 esp on console racing offline with AI doesn't encourage respect and I too was a victim! until articles like the above showed a better way. The rules are there to guide how to proceed as well as how to apportion blame.

11. TomLehockySVK

I would also like 2 US stock cars, a Ford GT40 large. A Porsche 917 with extra dip, one with cheese, and a large Porsche 935/78.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hamady91

Hamady91 Member

Okay time to pick my best RTX-fork :p:p

13. TomLehockySVK

Odd choice of words as it was exactly the F1 games that properly taught me how to follow blue flag rules when playing as a backmarker team, how to give way during qualifying and how to expect being given it on a hotlap, how it is safe to change lanes and not be weaving on a straight, how to drive side-by-side with someone and respectfully give space and when to expect it to not be given, how they are willing to give you some space but not more than you deserve .. so much i learned from F1 games and especially the amazing AI of the 22 and 23 games that i was able to translate into playing AMS2 online against people.

14. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider Member

upload_2024-9-26_11-6-9.png

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

If the UI looked exactly the same but never had the janky scrolling I would be satisfied.

• Like Like x 3
  16. LostPatrol

LostPatrol Member

How the UI works I’ve never had too much of a problem with, I always thought the janky scrolling was just me :).

I’m just hoping for a little bit more information on the UI. For the car preview screen I’d like the car year and when it says ‘with rules’ for things like push to pass I’d like to know what those rules are.

The other things I’d like are mainly post race, more detailed lap time information, tyre status, how much fuel I had left partly because I run VR with no HUD so I have to look at an iPad with sim hub for some of that stuff.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Poundlane

Poundlane New Member AMS2 Club Member

Got to love a first world problem! Waiting for the next AMS2 update!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Hamady91

Hamady91 Member

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. harizrushdi

harizrushdi Wiki Helper

If the media got their hands on it I presume it must be very, very close indeed now?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.