Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Content Manager has the best UX of any simracing software, will not change my mind on that!

• Disagree Disagree x 14
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Emptyjar

Emptyjar Member

It looks good in some places and bad in others. Seeing two hypercars waiting in line behind a GT3 on a straight at Road Atlanta was not great, but they also do look good at other times.

What does look better, imo, is the rear tire grip. When the tires slip in 1.5 it just stays slipping forever like the rubber turned to ice, and fishtails all over. This looks like you get more 'micro slides' and the tires regain the grip they lost in a much more realistic way. But again, i do not have the beta and am just going off visuals here, so, it can be hard to tell.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. harizrushdi

harizrushdi Wiki Helper

Oh god, he's driving a Group C car

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

There are so many questions unanswered.
    Can you choose a specific AI co-driver?
    Are there AI-to-AI driver swaps?
    Do the AI still only use soft compound tyres?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. skylineforever

skylineforever Member

2024-09-26.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Sometimes, especially when you ran different cars, some with ABS f.e. some without, the assists can glitch and you can end up loosing ABS while transitioning from qualy to race f.e. even though the car has this aid IRL and the ingame setting is set to realistic.
    So you can end up with a GT3 without TC or ABS, just like the overtake guy in the stream with the GT3 Audi

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Rodger Davies

8. GROVER-8-SRT

GROVER-8-SRT Member

Unfortunately a bit of a disaster with this stream, as others here have said, but I'm impressed with how good the new shaders and reflections look and how the cars appear attached to the racetrack.

The audio wasn't amazing to me in car, external replays though sounded better.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because i stream myself i'm super critical over quality and this ain't doing it for me, it's infact distracing from the content itself which is a shame as those in the beta know how good it really is, having the 1st public look of 1.6 in a low quality 30fps stream isn't the way to kick things off.

Like i said in chat, twitch should be 1080p/60 and YT 1440p/60 and with the proper plugin in obs you can even choose different encoders/resolution and bitrate for each platform.

• Agree Agree x 10
  10. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think he's playing with legacy camera option enabled where the cockpit is (mostly) stable and the horizon moves (sometimes violently depending on track/car combo). This is how I play too and much better and natural in my opinion in term of feeling the car connected to the track (rather than the default with the cockpit "bobbing" in an unnatural way). I wished it was the default. It was in the very early days until people complained enough because "it was not like other sims".
    If you have never tried the "legacy camera" setting, please do and see if you like it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Rygel_6

Rygel_6 Member AMS2 Club Member

There is something that you perhaps don't realise yet.. and I feel sorry for the guy.. V1.6 requires quite a bit more of your attention than it used to.. and I mean that in a good way.. A VERY good way.. Plus he's switching to combo's he's not practiced at all and none of us can simply drop in and drive perfectly from the get go!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Please let GM make the preview next time! :D

• Funny x 10
    • Agree x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  13. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

This stream leaves me with a weird/bad feeling. I know the beta and love it, but somehow it is showcased so poorly in this stream. It's not 1.6 worthy.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Rygel_6

Rygel_6 Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh don't worry.. He'll be along soon enough to tell us AC is still better.. lol

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

So then perhaps a little forward planning should've gone into this, like giving him the 1.6 content a few days before the stream so he'd be up to speed. It feels like he was told 20 minutes before he went live.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Harry_Harras

Harry_Harras New Member

I didnt say he is bad :D

I dont get, if you got such a gig, why you dont make a roadmap what to show, make some quick setups, write some bullit points what definitly has to got out on public and just be more prepared. Its like watching someone show up completely unprepared for his PhD defense or smth :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Rodger Davies

I'm only watching on a tablet but stream is fine to me - it's amazing how many of the people in the chat can do two hours of driving on stream in a second language with various cars in a recently updated game with new physics and never make a single mistake.

I guess on a big screen a higher quality would be nice but he's showcased a bunch of new content and better this than the continued quiet - I'm enjoying it thanks Reiza and Yannick

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Even though i really like the new UI i am still disappointed that the car class selection is STILL only two columns . There is so much unnecessary empty space and it would be better to have three columns instead.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Rodger Davies

Or just a text-based option, I never understand the need for UI designers to think I must squint at an icon rather than just read it, especially for class selection

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. GROVER-8-SRT

GROVER-8-SRT Member

I play the same way, looks good, the cars didn't look slidey or weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.