Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hamady91

Hamady91 Member

I really think that reiza should give part 3 to override the first impression given by this stream.

For new people watching the stream they just seen random cars at random track.

There was so much to talk about the physic sound ui and other things..

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It will be published once it's ready. Half the reason the stream sucked so much is that the guy could've used a bit more time with the AMS 2 Beta, it shows why Reiza are taking their time instead of rushing. When you rush (like elements of this stream really seemed to be) the quality tends to tank.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Flat-Six

Flat-Six New Member

Man this stream is so confusing… Why not get a better driver to showcase the new features? He’s nervous and incompetent and boring and unprepared. Strange choice for the showcase.

4. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In the grand scheme of things it does not matter, it is just another instance of youtubers youtubing and nobody will remember this useless video in 24h. I believe v1.6 will be available soon and people will be able to make their own proper opinion.

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. brakecheck101

brakecheck101 New Member

Positives
    • Cars looked like they were handling well and didn't see excessive slip angle - albeit, hard to tell given the streamer didn't drive like an AMS2 regular (don't mean that in a nasty way, but you can tell he wasn't confident with driving straight out of the box, like a lot of us regulars/long time users would be).
    • I liked what I saw of the UI. First impressions are good.
    • Road Atlanta looked stunning. I've done hundreds of laps round it in iRacing over the years, but AMS2's visuals are 5x better. It looks so much more dynamic and interesting than iRacing's.

Negative
    • The AI still appear immersion breaking. Watching F1 cars go through a medium speed corner in a train of three, all identically spaced apart just kills it for me unfortunately. It was also painful watching that Lambo stuck behind the yellow Porsche - it was just the same unsuccessful half-hearted moves over and over again - like a script. I regularly do IndyCar (oval and road), TCR and IMSA races with AI on iRacing to warm up for the official series and their AI are just so much more believable to race around. This far through development, I feel like the trains of AI we see in AMS2, the two-by-two battles and the jerky movements are probably just Madness Engine things that can't be solved unfortunately. I live in hope for one day though!

Overall
    Don't get me wrong. Still looking forward to the update - the game's visuals are so good and the cars appear to handle better than ever - but given organised multiplayer is probably going to remain pretty dead and AI still aren't quite up to scratch, I think I'll remain just an occasional AMS2 driver.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On a positive note I believe the chat noticed even already visually the change in handling behavior from the physics improvement which definitely was a big target of the preview

Last edited: Sep 26, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. PaulA

PaulA Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Seriously, the amount of whinging over this Overtake Stream.
    How many people are resorting to "he's not a good driver". It's so petty.

If I was a staff member i probably wouldn't comment in this forum much. The entitlement from some of the members here is staggering.

Everyone has wanted more info on 1.6. There is a livestream put out (ok, it might not be perfect), but take what you can!

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Hamady91

Hamady91 Member

You are true but for a so much anticipated update you need to advertise the game perfectly. For AMS 2 fans like us no problem but for the simracer that give a look i don't think the first impression was good

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. BobbyB

BobbyB Member

Reiza needs to come up with an excuse for this. It was clear he was NOT comfortable nor familiar with driving in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Lucifer_sam

I'm gonna quit beating this dead horse after this, but one final point I want to make is that there were a handful of people making blatantly false statements, only noticed one moderator throughout the whole stream and even then I don't recall seeing them showing up during the first 30 minutes of the stream.

Not only do Reiza deserve better, but everyone watching does to. The real people who got screwed over are the diehard fans who've been waiting for this update for months upon months only to get an incredibly poor showing.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

The problem was no real info was given, I thought that this was going to be a showcase of the new stuff with some explanation. Instead we got some random guy driving random stuff.

This could have been a real highlight and created a lot of interest, instead it as just left a bad taste in most peoples mouths.

I think it would have been better if it was a pre-made video where some time could have been taken to present things in a polished way.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Well, the whole streaming thing kinda sucked, back to waiting for dev update part 3 and actual 1.6 release.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Hamady91

Hamady91 Member

Exactly it was like a random stream of AMS2

Not the first exclusive gameplay of the biggest update of AMS2

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

If Reiza think that taking time is so important, why did they allow this rushed mess of a livestream to go ahead?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

"Take what you can."
    We're paying customers not grateful little peons.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

I enjoyed the stream.
    I disliked the toxic chat.

At the end of the day 1.6 is just an update, I dont need it to be showcased with cheesy glamour, this is not a presentation of a next gen console. Just one guy playing the game and saying what he things about it is more than enough.

It is fun to be in the hype train, but it is just that, fun. **** posting about the resolution or the skills of the streamer is pathetic.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Lucifer_sam

I don't think Reiza themselves knew it was rushed, and by the time it was obvious that it was it would've been a far worse look if Reiza asked them to take it down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. PaulA

PaulA Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes i understand that .
    Maybe i didnt phase it correctly.

I just dont like the public pile-on, on the individual guy streaming it.

• Agree Agree x 8
  19. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I didn't watch the stream but have done a lot of AI testing in the Beta.

They have improved a lot in overtaking when the car behind has a 7+ tenths per lap advantage. Issues still persists when they are equally matched, which to be fair is not that unreasonable, it's incredibly difficult to overtake in real life or in the sim world when the car in front has more or less the same pace.
    The problem is that they follow each other too close and that makes it feel like the car behind is much faster when in truth it isn't, but it does kill the immersion.

They also do become more aggressive and assertive longer into the race and they move to the inside to cover it. All of these behaviors however are track,class and driver dependent.

And they are still WIP, so will probably keep improving after 1.6.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Even from the crappy stream, the graphics/shading upgrades seem noticeable, unless it's just placebo of course ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.