Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harmoniser

Harmoniser New Member

no it’s not, but there ways of doing it that make it less toxic. Some people seem to manage it on here others may need some training.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. LostPatrol

LostPatrol Member

If only this was true :)

3. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Overall I think the update is looking mighty fine, can't wait to get my hands on it.
    The stream was... unfortunate to put it politely and I did feel a bit sorry for the guy doing it tbh.
    One thing that does concern me though is the explanation being used for the apparent shortcomings of the ai, saying "oh it's because it was a short race" isn't a good look in my opinion, really hope it's something that can be addressed in future updates.
    Still can't wait for the update to drop though and will enjoy it as much as always.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Daytona has it right? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

At least he took the "alternative line" with the McLaren F1 GTR at Pouhon. I sometimes take it also and I've been driving the update for months. I was kind of waiting for that to happen, it's easier to do than you think.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

They had at least 8 hours to plan the stream before it went live

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Pales

Pales Member

So I watched the stream last night and was looking forward to seeing these 'significant updates' to the AI. Instead, I saw the same issues that persist every time this game gets an update. At this point, it's frustrating to see the same AI problems go unresolved, despite promises of improvement.
    • They still struggle to overtake.
    • They still refuse to utilize the slipstream, often pulling out when it makes no sense to do so.
    • They still get stuck behind lapped traffic, showing very questionable judgment.
    • They're still glued together in unrealistic packs.
    It's really frustrating to see these same issues after every update, especially given how much they've teased this and hyped it up. Heck, it's been months of anticipation for "significant AI updates."

I want to buy your content, guys, but I need to be able to have a competitive experience offline to do so. The only game that is offering that at the moment is iRacing AI, LMU and rFactor 2 (when you heavily mod the game).

I also thought the 'overhauled' UI was questionable to say the least. It's not bad in the main menu, but in game, it was a very minor change, and the hud still looks exactly the same. It wasn't this innovative update that it was made out to be.

As for improvements, I will say that the AI look more planted, and they were no longer performing this erratic weaving garbage that they were doing in past updates, but I only watched for about 30 minutes or so. The 720p stream did not do the game any favors.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  8. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

When was on iRacing i tried the AI racing a few times and was overal unimpressed. Not bad but not the amazing stuff people are still hyping it up to be, just "passable" at best. I am giving LMU another chance since yesterday and am so far pretty impressed with the racing there but have to do a lot more tests to see what the AI can and cannot do compared to other games i play.

9. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend Member

I got the inside baseball

10. Majestic

Majestic Member

Today, there is another broadcast on their channel, possibly with another streamer. Personally, I would give permission to broadcast not only to them, but also to other top platforms. They are monopolists in this regard now, and this is not good. What will broadcast number 2 give us? Maybe the quality will be 1080, at least they will show the remaining new tracks and cars. But the aftertaste from the first stream will unfortunately remain until the release of v1.6

P.S.
    Alarm goes off. This is yesterday's (bug?)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Almost 11 hours to plan what to stream...

Oh **** you are right, they ****ed up and never deleted the old one

Last edited: Sep 27, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You forgot simtubers gonna simtube :D

13. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Isn't that the old stream that never started and they replaced with the ill-fated one? Unless I get out my DeLorean, I am not going to make this stream.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That was the stream of yesterday if you check the date...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Folks you are all welcome to comment on what you´ve seen of the game from the stream, what you liked and didn´t give or take some leeway to WIP bits and the obvious limitations of commenting on gameplay aspects through watching someone else playing a game.

There will be more content creators getting a crack at it in the coming days, some you will enjoy, some you will not - feedback about the quality of the content itself should be taken to the people producing the content, we have no control of it beyond granting access

Preparation for this particular stream could have been better and I´m sure the folks at OT feel the same in hindsight; we´ve fumbled releases in the past as have most content creators of any sort at one point or another, when it happens it´s only natural to receive criticism for it but at the end of day it´s just a preview stream that at peak was watched by a fraction of 1% of all people that already own the game, all of whom will be able to have a go at it themselves soon enough. Let´s not blow it out of proportion :)

• Like Like x 25
    • Agree Agree x 13
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  16. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Edit: commented on wrong info and can't delete post.

So I'll just go back to saying I want to pay for the Endurance Pack 2 and IMSA tracks please, the stream didn't dampen my enthusiasm.

17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I have a question :whistle:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. MrShroom

MrShroom New Member

Man Renato I just really like your guys' car game just know that when people whine about stuff <3

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm available to stream tonight...:whistle:

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

You are right, it has been only 8 months since the last big update came out, so now is the best time to quickly rush things as much as possible o_O. Here is hoping other channels covering 1.6 will do it justice.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.