Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Me too!

At least the stream quality would be on point. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Bleach_90

Bleach_90 New Member

The new handling model looked really good, thats what i wanted to see. Also great work with new cars and tracks. The AI is what it is, its already good enought in current build. If you must have realistic racing the online is only option. Im just happy we get multi class racing. Great work Reiza, i cant wait to try this myself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

And I can make a video on anything they want

• Like Like x 2
  4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I´m sure many of you are ready and eager and would do a great job of it, but if there is one thing last night makes clear is that there is little value in open ended previews of something that isn´t quite finished yet unless you know what is representative and what isn´t, and only we do.

A couple other content creators have already received greenlight so we´re going to let them go ahead with it but beyond that we´ll wait until we´re on the verge of release (which we aren´t quite yet).

• Informative Informative x 17
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Racinglegend1234

I’m sad, but I agree with your statement

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend Member

Would you really want to be judged by this crowd?

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

The level of excitement caused by that "preview" seems normal to me.
    It's a sign that we expect a lot from Reiza, given what they've given us so far.
    Release 1.6 Renato, and the comments will vanish like snow in the sun. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Racinglegend1234

If only that experience was in AMS2

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

Oh I for sure agree that AI is still wonky and I don't see any racing sim having an "outstanding" solution. Personally I think its good or fine enough compared to other games. What im saying is that a lot of people whine about AI when they are actually breaking racing rules like squeezing out players wide, divebombing. Anything that would get you a penatly irl or online, its like people don't respect the AI and think they should just leave the gap for you all the time, AI should reflect humans, they want to win and they also make mistakes, they are not just going to let you by everytime.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Hell even real racing drivers cant respect slower classes and avoid diving bombs *cough cough Earl Bamber cough cough*

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

I watched parts of the Stream, and since the quality was not too good & it seemed very spontaneous, I liked the look of Road Atlanta and the Alpine seems nice, too. This car is really hard to drive in LMU (only my opinion!), I wonder how it will be in AMS.

In the Stream we could see that the Nordschleife is still the same. No Schumacher-S Billboard and not updated to the current track changes. With a bigger getting GT3 field, it would be nice to see the Ring updated, too. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. OldButVerySlow

OldButVerySlow New Member

A Stream where some dude just plays around will never satisfy everyone. Hopefully some of the other Content Creators will make more taylored Streams/Videos. Some people are more interested in the AI-changes. Other only care about the multiplayer and the UI-improvements. Other want better graphics or sound, etc.
    A Stream with some random gameplay-bits will always be disappointing to a lot of viewers with their own expectations.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

He seemed to have to do more small corrections than we current do in LMDH didnt he? Feels more like an onboard from the real thing now on my opinion, some LMDH look to be quite the handful in real life.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That also has to do with the nature of Road Atlanta itself, compared to some other tracks it is a bit of a rollercoaster ride, and it’s awesome ;)

The GTP/LMDh cars can feel quite tame and easy, until you truly push them, not so easy then.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

As far as the release is stable we can wait until December! No problem at all. Also i think everyone understand the effort of re-model the whole game! Is not something you can do in few weeks. Good job guys!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  16. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When development has settled a bit, I hope Reiza will continue to make a few other short promo videos that showcase one specific aspect of the sim in the style of the existing ones. That's the best way to showcase the sim and its myriad of features and combos in a controlled way. Many simtubers may have good intentions but most of them are not familiar enough with the sim to do the best job at showing stuff in a concise, accurate and efficient way. Let alone simtubers that do not really know what they are talking about, are sloppy, imprecise, do not care, etc.
    A complex sim and piece of engineering like AMS2 deserves better.

I even think that some beta members very familiar with the sim and with some video editing skills and willing to do it could make some of these short videos, with Reiza occasionally choosing to publish one on its channel.

It's a bit unfortunate that there are not that many simtubers that are able to do AMS2 deep dives, most of them staying on a superficial level because they are not following development closely or their channel is just general simtubing about whatever new is getting released before hoping to the next thing. We have Tarmac Terrorist and Timo Diick that have been producing interesting videos (in a very different style).

Last edited: Sep 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

Specially if you forget to change scene :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

18. LostPatrol

LostPatrol Member

I'd happily take a release candidate in the mean time :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Maverick Knight

Maverick Knight New Member

The updated 24h-layout in RACE ROOM looks really amazing right now! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Pales

Pales Member

Yes, that may be true, but even when observing the AI from a distance, the same issues we've been complaining about for ages are still present in this update.

A good example of this (and trust me, there were many throughout the stream) was the Lamborghini hypercar struggling to overtake an AI opponent. It repeatedly pulled out of the slipstream when it made no sense to do so, ultimately failing to make the pass. The AI still seems incapable of understanding basic racecraft, and it's frustrating to see no real progress in this area.

These kinds of issues have a significant impact on gameplay, and it feels like they're being ignored, despite numerous updates.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.