Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can also simulate a quali sessions ("skip to end" button) to have the AI field properly sorted by their performance, without having to actually do a quali. Though if you do that, the game does not give you any other option than to start last on the grid.
    I think that with no quali session, the order for the race on the grid is random (within car classes if it is a multiclass race), possibly resulting slower cars getting in the way of faster cars behind them.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Majestic

Majestic Member

upload_2024-9-27_17-4-34.png
    I'm writing a little off topic.
    Looks like EVO is being pushed back to Winter 2025. This gives a good chance for AMS2!!! I really hope that v1.6 is already at the door, all I have to do is knock for me to open it!!!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

I have never seen Renato posting so much about this thread!!!! It's a good sign! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

i don't know where you get it from but if is a legal documents it doesn't look genuine! Anyway if you go on Google it says the early access is on Jan 2025

5. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

Deleted

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Djin

Djin Active Member

That’s not really a surprise since we haven’t heard anything about AC EVO since June. It might give AMS2 some space if Reiza releases version 1.6 before the end of the year, but I don’t think it will make a significant difference. Kunos Simulazioni will likely begin heavy marketing before January 2025. Either way, I believe both games are distinct enough to be successful. It’s definitely a niche market, but there’s room for multiple racing titles.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I want to elaborate about why I was so upset about last night's stream because I think there is an aspect some folks are missing.

The core reason I was upset is because it reduces the credibility of both Reiza and Paddock Club members, what we say here about 1.6 (especially about AI) now means less because what was actually shown did a poor job in showcasing what improvements have been done and thus made said improvements feel non-existent to the people watching the stream. It's incredibly frustrating that now, the most logical and rational step for the average person is to ignore what us P.C members have to say because it is incongruent with what the stream showed.

Despite this, I'm still confident that 1.6 will speak for itself. If the stream showed anything positive, it's that the physics have because noticably more realistic. You can't get away with things that you used to be able to get away with, you have to have a lot more focus to keep your car for spinning.

And to end this off, remember the human. I think I did a very poor job at first of defending the person streaming, and it makes me very sad knowing that of everyone involved he's the one that's probably gonna face the harshest consequences. He deserves some (mainly for accidentally leaking things) but he was put in a very bad position with technical issues and a lack preparation that made those silly mistakes much more likely to happen. Make sure you show him love and support, I can only imagine what'd be going through my head if I was in his position.

• Like x 4
    • Friendly x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  8. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

No idea why you cut out my quote that speaks about the exact same thing only to write the exact same thing using different words ? o_O

I already wrote: Though i have my suggestion what helps show restrain - set damage type to Full and scaling to Maximum, then you will actually have to show much more respect because now if you misjudge a corner and bash someone's rear you get proper aero or even suspension damage for careless driving.

9. bobbie424242

A total failure on my part reading your post in its entirety :eek:
    Sometimes reading properly is harder than simracing :D.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Djin

Djin Active Member

I believe the best course of action for Overtake would be to release a video where they showcase version 1.6, highlighting the new features and improvements. A carefully edited video, rather than a live stream, where various issues could potentially arise. This might be why they removed the original video—due to poor quality and leaks. A well-crafted article and video from Overtake would be a good way to set things right.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Only comment I wish to make on the stream yesterday is that Overtake is now a full fledged business, and yesterday never should have happened if they didn't have a top quality production planned. Moving on...

If I was a content creator on the beta and really wanted to up my subscription base, I would be feverishly making a top quality video, setting it to private, and submitting the link to Crimson or Renato for review. If you're good, they will come. The weekend is upon us, get busy.

12. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

And Sebring! And the Lambo SC63! And the Physics updates! Reasonable request in my very humble opinion :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

Renato did say that other streamers will soon be putting out preview videos. Let's hope they do longer than 5 lap races so we can see the improvements to the AI.

14. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Considering Nils Naujoks's post on his youtube channel, i would guess he is one of the streamers going to do a preview of 1.6
    upload_2024-9-27_16-54-48.png

• Like Like x 7
  15. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a issue, though, if you "skip to end" that there is one AI driver - or two AI drivers - which is/are two or even five seconds faster than the next best AI driver. So if you qualy first, it may happen that you ill be third on the grid.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Arconian

Arconian New Member

It's an 9 days old post from him, definitely before the "green light" from Reiza, so I guess he rather meant "as soon as it's released", but I very much hope he's one of those creators who got the green light recently, his insights about physics are absolute best, no one can explain this stuff better.

• Like Like x 3
  17. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

You dont think they reach out before the day they stream? Its perfectly possible they have been talking for a few weeks when there is an NDA involved

18. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

This is kinda like the fix from Rfactor2 I mentioned. Good to know & when I start playing Ams2 again, I will try this.

As soon as I knew that 1.6 was coming up, I stopped playing the game, since I don‘t wanted to relearn the driving. It‘s been a long time now, my plan was not the best :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bobbie424242

I did not know that.
    My comment was for a fully simulated quali session, that is, you use the "skip to end" button just after entering quali. In that case, you always start last on the grid.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Arconian

Arconian New Member

I think Nils and Reiza know each other pretty well, they don't need weeks to discuss this stuff. I'd expect that a single message would be enough.
    - Hey Nils, you're free to make a 1.6 preview with the exception of X and Y content.
    - Roger.
    Something like that. :D
    But it doesn't really matter for how long they've been talking, I just hope to get a video from him. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.