Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can always start mid season on LFM, that's the same for everyone in terms of how many weeks you can compete in races.
    I dont think Reiza will release anything in conjunction with an LFM season, so it wont mean the release will be at the following LFM season if they can't make it for the start of this season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. zza

zza New Member

Reiza told us that 1.6 is the biggest update, but I am curious that until now we only revealed 3 new circuits and 9 new cars, compare with the end of the last year, we got Le Mans and 7 cars in December, and 4 history circuits and 8 F1 cars in November, so I really want to know how many new contents we will get in 1.6.

3. MarWin2k

MarWin2k New Member

And you don't think that changing the entire physics engine for each individual car isn't more complex than a few content updates?

It is often the little things and not the obvious

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

You will see in due time

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

'Biggest update' i think means the number of facets of the game getting big upgrades; physics, graphics, AI, multiplayer, UI etc. are all getting big touch-ups.

However, content drop already looks big:
    • Corvette GT3
    • Lamborghini GT3
    • Audi GT3 (gen1)
    • Audi GT3 (gen2)
    • Audi GT4
    • Lamborghini LMDH
    • Alpine LMDH
    • Audi Group A
    • Oreca 07
    • Road Atlanta
    • Sebring
    • Mosport
    These are already confirmed or pictured in game. The stream accidentally showed what appeared to be
    • SCCA-spec Corvette C3

And then testers have hinted at there being a few other things that might make the cut too.

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. zza

zza New Member

Thanks for the summary.:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

Man i can wait. Im so excited. Please guys keep at it and please, dont naff it up by rushing due to peer pressure. We are all capable of patients im sure

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Dont worry, if Reiza is known for one thing, its not rushing things lol

• Funny Funny x 7
  9. Rhodos

Rhodos New Member

LOL - you embody all that is funny about this thread.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Akak7

Akak7 New Member

Ok so I am excited for this update as much as the next guy, but I think the hype train got out of hand since some time ago. It is not a new game release, it is just an update. That means, the game will essentially still be the same, hopefully better, but in essence it will still be Ams2. And second and most important, you can still play the current build!!! If you were enjoying it 3 months ago, it is suddenly not anymore enjoyable just because you know an update is around the corner? Just forget about the update, keep playing the game when you feel about it and one day you'll open steam and you'll see the update happening.

I also don't think that the stream is such a catastrophe, even if the quality of it was underwhelming, that doesn't speak for the update itself, and I really hope all that negative energy towards the streamer is not representative of the Ams2 community, with which I feel connected here even though I only rarely write. But what I am sure of, is that people expecting from the update a similar feeling such as playing a new game will be disappointed. I am saying this as somebody who has no access to the beta, so take it as you will. And I repeat that I am looking forward for the update as much as you guys, but why suddenly not playing the game anymore until the update drops? I do my races, come here often to inform myself and have a good time with the good vibes, and the update will drop when it drops. The current build is still great IMO and bring me wonderful races.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Tambe

Tambe Member

Gennaio = January

Last edited: Sep 28, 2024
  12. Ralonso

Ralonso Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice! But where are the (long promised) flag marshals, in that list? We need additional atmospheric immersion, too..!

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Ralonso

Ralonso Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you are really liking AMS2 you don't feel exhausted to wait, you even don't go to "shorten" time by switching to other sims, but you stick with the actual AMS2 version and enjoy what you already get from it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I saw the stream the next day. I went watch Grand Tour (old Scotland episode). That's how I react went I feel events are already controlling me and not the other way around.

The stream itself was not what I expected, but that's also my fault. The bar was set too high.
    No problem, v1.6 won't crash or misbehave once in my hands just because this preview hasn't perfect.

Fans will be fans. AMS2 is excellent, the next version will be excellent, when I really drive it, it is excellent, as expected. Permanent hype state. No more, no less.
    Everything that confirms this, is good info from good guys, everyone leafting questions, are trolls/haters.
    Change "AMS2" for whatever you want. The same remains.

What I took from the stream:
    • Road Atlanta is great (nothing new, Reiza been Reiza)
    • It's always nice to see new cars around (but the real test will be made in my hands)
    • The new UI is great. Been an evolution, it keeps everything the same but with a refreshed look, font been the exception (it drags too much of the old UI).
    • Sounds seem different, more energetic (less congestioned mid-range and more highs), although I didn't play it in my rig for direct comparision (and won't do it, it's not relevant, I'll have time to test it myself in due time).
    • Sounds still need more nuances (drifting amplitude and pitch, in line with physics - example: bumps sounds the same disregarding their intensity or duration)
    • Some more sound layers are present (example: wind, LMU style, which is good)
    • It seems car collisions got better (not sure about this, not enough samples/info), and it could just be a consequence/subproduct of the new tyre model.
    • Cars seems to have a more direct turn in (again, only driving it I'll be able to confirm this)
    • AI needs more tweaks (nothing new, Reiza never said the work is done)

Meanwhile, I re-installed AMS2 and got rid of the persistent problem about the selected car been changed after a sim restart. It now keeps my previous choice.
    A good use of available time ;).

• Like Like x 3
  15. Hamady91

Hamady91 Member

What i really liked me is the New UI that is more pleasant.
    Show the cars with this angle it is wow !

And GG to reiza for the Alpine LMDH sound it is top tier

And GG for the wind sound that is so immersive

For the AI and physic i think we Can only judge in our hands

16. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Sorry guys.
    I wanted to re-view a couple things in the video, but I am not able to find it anymore on youtube.
    Was it removed?
    Could you please post here yhe link?

17. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Go to the subreddit - Both links are there to both videos

18. mansell

mansell Active Member

delete pls

19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The classes are GT3 gen 1 and gen 2

20. mansell