Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostPatrol

LostPatrol Member

I didn't even know Bathurst had got the 3D trees I thought it was only Ibarra at the moment? or are you in the Beta?.

What headset are you running?

2. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

FYI, Bathurst is first 3D tree applied track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Wasn’t it only the historic version which got them?

• Like Like x 2
  4. YOUNG IL YOON

Oh you are right. Historic was the first. Modern bathurst got it later.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Michael Lewis

Michael Lewis New Member

On the contrary because i race with AI on max and still find it easy to lap them several times i like to study the trees so i don't get bored:D

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's just a beginning, I think 90% AMS2 articles on OT are written by him. So it caught me by a surprise that he supposedly doesn't like AMS2...

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. LostPatrol

LostPatrol Member

Ah thanks, I'm always running Bathurst in VR and I can't say I've notice any drop off in performance so assumed nothing had changed. I don't tend to run it at night very often and I have shadows off but everything else maxed out. If I run at night I always make sure I start in daylight and use time acceleration so it only gets dark once the pack has thinned out a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Liqwyd

Liqwyd New Member

Thanks for that, I'm pretty hyped for the update.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

The IMSA license doesn't seem to guarantee the cars being included, so I don't expect Lexus or Acura. Renato has mentioned that the grid might be 'close to' complete but not 100%.

For the record, there are some series for which a manufacturer competing has to agree that the series owner can 'sub-licence' their car with the series. For example, MotoGP, F1, NASCAR, WRC... usually ones that have their 'own' rule set, rather than using a common one like GT3s. I don't think IMSA is one of these, which means Reiza have to negotiate with each manufacturer and licence the cars directly

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To be fair, when you are racing hard, you almost dont notice most of the graphical details. You just get tunnel vision of braking points and corner exits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Stepy

Stepy Member

[QUOTE="Meanwhile, I re-installed AMS2 and got rid of the persistent problem about the selected car been changed after a sim restart. It now keeps my previous choice.
    A good use of available time ;).[/QUOTE]
    How did you fix it ? I`ve had this problem since release (always puts me in the stock car) drives me nuts.

13. VaguelyAmused

VaguelyAmused New Member

Its a PICO4 through Virtual Desktop in "godlike". Don't get me wrong its a minor complaint and workaroundable. Honestly most of the time I just keep it on sunny weather during the daytime anyway no matter what track because I am usually swapping back and forth with a mate who comes over and races with me.

Just those occasions when I fancy a different type of race, like at sunset or whatever when it starts to falter a little bit.

14. VaguelyAmused

VaguelyAmused New Member

Well, yeah - so somewhat arguing against your own point there with the 3D trees then. Its the fidelity of the corners, the curbs, the other cars I am racing with and the cockpit of the car I am in that matter (to me at least!) during hard racing.

15. Akak7

Akak7 New Member

How did you fix it ? I`ve had this problem since release (always puts me in the stock car) drives me nuts.[/QUOTE]

That has never happened to me. Whatever combination I race stays there next time I open the game. I didn't even know it was a thing

16. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

Oh...I have a little question outside of 1.6. Every time I forget to ask. :confused:

What do the stars actually mean when selecting some routes and cars?
    Is this somehow special content? o_O

17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Stars mean paid content

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. YOUNG IL YOON

DLC tracks are available on multiplay session if host has the DLC track. I think it is reiza"s very friendly policy for local community.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. MH-S81

MH-S81 New Member

Renato mentioned in the March blog (I think it was March) that there would be a content manager included so we can filter the content to show only the cars and tracks we are interested in. Is this ready to go in 1.6?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think this twisting of the words you are now trying to do is kindergarten politics level demagoguery. I won't contribute to that.

Here are the facts:
    - 2D trees rotate, 3D trees do not
    - trees do not rotate in real life - this is ultra unrealistic and just a graphical optimization method used in games
    - I can perceive 2D trees rotating in my peripheral vision in VR, even when focusing very hard ahead

Here is my personal opinion:
    - having things rotating in peripheral vision is distracting and unrealistic
    - I'm happy to sacrifice a little bit of overall quality to not have this effect

You obviously feel differently. Its your prerogative. We do not have to agree on this. Lets not try to put words into each others mouths or twist fact to win an argument on a forum - nobody cares about this.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.