Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its not mainly about showing, but managing of hard disk space due to large pool of content.

But to answer your question, I have not seen that feature in beta yet.

• Like Like x 2
  2. David Castiñeiras

David Castiñeiras New Member

This thread was opened 11 days ago, can someone explain to me why an update thread is opened and then it is not done in the following 3-4 days?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Because this is a dev update which hasn’t confirmed the release of the game’s update

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all
    To get more realistic feeling can you implement the white stickers on the new tires by the classics F1 cars? So the update is not ready yet i hope you can implement this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. VaguelyAmused

VaguelyAmused New Member

OK. Not my intention, jump off the deep end if you like. Enjoy your racing fella and I will mine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How did you fix it ? I`ve had this problem since release (always puts me in the stock car) drives me nuts.[/QUOTE]
    For me it was AMS2 folder (and/or its subfolders) in My Documents having Read-Only activated. So it could not write new information there, for some people it was the issue with not saving setups. When I disabled "read-only" in folder properties, stock car issue went away.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I successfully did a full fat 4K livestream earlier on YT (current live, not 1.6 ;)), so I'm fully ready for release now.

Question is...

are-we-there-yet-shrek-meme.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Michael Lewis

Michael Lewis New Member

Sorry for the ignorance but i cant get my head around the rating system so would appreciate anyone that understands it to educate me or point me in the right direction. I am currently U1500 which i believe means that i am unrated but could also mean that i am so good i can't be rated:rolleyes: If anyone has a link or can explain how it works i would really appreciate it

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The only time this happens, AFAIK, is when modded cars are or have been used.

The OP reinstalled his game from scratch, so problem solved. I predict it will come back if some mods are not (un)installed correctly.

Have you used any mods?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I deleted(/moved) installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2), did the same with the settings in Documents (your documents directory\Automobilista 2) and uninstalled the game from Steam. It did almost nothing, as directories were already deleted, but it must do some kind of cleanup/reset.

Then I restarted the PC and installed the sim again. I used some of the old files (graphicsconfigdx11.xml and triplescreensettings.xml) and did the rest of the setup in game.

I suspected that was because I brought my Documents directory from another PC (problem with permissions), but, if I remember correctly, it worked just fine for a while until it didn't.
    Now, I believe is a Steam/sync problem.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2024
  11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Letter is SR: starts at U and then goes F-E...-A-S). The number is your driver rating and goes up to 2000 or down to I don't recall what. 1500 is starting point.

12. Michael Lewis

Michael Lewis New Member

:(:eek::( More confused wish i hadn't asked :D Maybe i just dumb

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Michael Lewis

Michael Lewis New Member

But thanks appreciate the response

14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The rating is a composition of SR(letter)-DR(number)
    SR goes from U (like unranked) through F-E-D-C-B-A as you increase SR and finally S (not sure what it stands for but it is the highest SR). This depends on how clean you drive

DR starts at 1500 (kinda like the 1300 for iracing) and then will only go up to 2000 and down even below 1000 if I am not wrong. This depends on your results in the standings at the end of the race.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. PostBox981

PostBox981 Member

Maybe a litte more detailed:

U1500 is your starting point. The letter is your safety rating which will improve if you drive (online) close to other cars without making contact. Order while improving: U (unexperienced?) -F-E-D-C-B-A- S (safe?).

The number is how fast a driver you are. Winning against higher rated drivers will increase your number, losing against lower drivers will lower your number (roughly, it is more complicated).

Hope this helps.

EDIT: ninja´d

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a long standing issue, way before mods were even part of AMS2. I've never installed a mod and I've had this happen whenever I did a new install. Solved by removing read-only attributes on the docs folder.

17. RapierFiedel916

RapierFiedel916 New Member

I can highly recommend codeREDsim on youtube. I've never seen such good comparisons to updates anywhere else. Straight to the point and without any fluff. Just check out some of his videos to previous updates...

18. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This video is about project cars 2, but ams2 uses the same system so this should explain it a bit more:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I assumed 'S' was 'Super', like the licence needed for F1 in real life (less said about that racketeering the better)

20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

There are those, and there are also the cars that weren't shown in the stream. :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.