Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harmoniser

Harmoniser New Member

Maybe I’m miss remembering this, I’m not near my pc, but I have zero UI on my screen, but I play in VR.

2. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Edit HUD / Messages. None of those can be turned off that I'm aware of.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Flag waving marshall's would absolutely be lovely for AMS 2, and I do fully beleive it will be coming at some point. However, it is undeniable that it (at the very least) would be a time consuming process and that there are most likely better ways to spend that time.

Not everyone is gonna agree, but at the end of the day the only people who know enough to see whether it would actually be worth the time or if other things should take focus first are the people working on it.

4. hb22

hb22 Member

I would really love to see yellow flags working in general before needing animated marshalls - especially in multiplayer, often there can be a car stopped in the track but no yellow flag to warn of it

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

This game does nothing for my anxiety levels ,
    Played a fair few hours but gave it up , I’m such a wuss.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

I read on reddit (from insider), it will be release in mid /end november. So you are far from close to release. Why can you just saying it instead of giving us false expectation ?

• Funny x 4
    • Dislike x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  7. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or maybe not believe everything on Reddit?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In your case, would it not be the source on Reddit who is giving you false expectation? :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

Yeah of course. Everybody say this to me don’t believe reddit

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Even on that stream I saw someone saying they had inside info that its coming november haha, where does this come from? Someone is having "fun" spreading misleading info or hell I dont know, maybe its coming november.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Yep none, i just moved the most annoying ones as far away from visible places as possible. I hope we will be able to adjust them.

12. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

THIS.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would suggest this forum/the dev updates as a more reliable source of info, then you will see that Reiza/Renato never mentiones a date, anything you read about a date is pure speculation/guessing.

• Agree Agree x 8
  14. Roar McRipHelmet

I mean, sometimes sources on Reddit can be very reliable, but in this case you literally have the insiders right here in this forum, and we can't tell you when it's done because we don't know, and it's not our decision. The team lead at Reiza has the final decision on when something is in a release-ready state, and typically he makes that final decision very close to release, not months ahead. Reiza has a habit of delivering updates as soon as possible, sometimes a bit too soon with there still being need for hotfixes, etc. Anyone claiming that there is a planned release in November is trolling for attention.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Show us the link to this official or authoritative information. In general, do you have any reason to believe the source?

16. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

No but sometime insider got it right. Like the leaker from gt7.

17. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

JOB POSTING: Must be adept at creating marshall seasonal attire from seven decades over multiple race series across 20+ countries. Ability to model poor souls standing in soaking rain while waving a flag a plus!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Roar McRipHelmet

I don't know anything about GT7 leaks, but you are correct that sometimes people are correct in their predictions. Texas Sharpshooter fallacy. It's not unrealistic that there will be a release in November, it depends on how many additional features&fixes make it into this release vs. being put in the backlog for v1.7 and later.

I'm not opposed to the speculation of a November release, I'm opposed to the notion that a self-proclaimed insider is sharing speculation that goes against everything history has shown us of the development and release culture at Reiza.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

People love to troll, people love to exaggerate. Even people who have "insider knowledge" like to exaggerate for one reason or another. I've learned to just ignore whatever people have to say when it comes to release dates because often times they're just flat-out incorrect. Doubly so if there is absolutely zero proof that they actually work with Reiza.

20. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No one has insider information in this respect, not even Reiza employees - unless we're literally talking a day or two, at best they will have an estimate or a target date. The update will only be released when Renato Simioni signs off on it, and it is impossible for even him to know the date as he doesn't know exactly when all the pieces will be sufficiently put together, nor what unforeseen issues or delays may crop up, or what further fine tuning may be deemed necessary in the meantime.

[Edit - I say this with no insider knowledge whatsoever myself, merely years spent observing how Reiza operate and how they communicate both publicly and in the beta forums.]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.