Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

it's like living in a children's home a month before christmas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I'm not saying this is the case (as I have no information) but from my experience in software development, UI redesigns are always a can of worms, and can cause delays - especially when you're fairly deep into the product lifecycle.

I wonder how that part of the update is going?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ShelbyRacing74

ShelbyRacing74 New Member

Once upon a time it was said to be summer 2024.
    The studios' target release dates are almost never correct, because shortly before launch they run into problems that sometimes only appear later in the development process.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

I’m not bothered at all. I periodically check in once a week to see if there is any movement, news towards a release date, if not I immediately move on, there are great sims to play atm. LMU has just had a fantastic update, as has Raceroom, there is plenty of excellent sim racing out there; it’s not as if this is the only sim we have to race with, or rather we can still race AMS2 without the update. Due to the unknown and different expectations/anticipations/rumours as to when it will be released, it’s anybody’s guess really, and if you’re desperate for the update or any news it could drive you nuts. In the meantime, just keep racing with this and all the great sims out there.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

November 25th release date confirmed everyone! :D

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

We don't have a fix release date announced or definitely set and the people sharing this in chat or reddit have a rich imagination i suppose because there is no shared "insider knowledge" :)

Please keep the release date speculations down, it will be done when it's done! (You are banging a bit too often on it and the excitement is perfectly understandable but no need to have it on overbearing levels, which is territory we're close to reaching).

It's indeed not a matter of months anymore but there is deliberate vagueness for now to bring the last pieces together so the gears mesh properly, when the day has come it will be announced and released!

Cheers!

• Like x 16
    • Agree x 5
    • Winner x 5
    • Dislike x 3
    • Friendly x 1
  7. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

I'm sorry but this issue is all self driven. I don't know why you would tease this game changing 1.6 update for so long and saying its close and then dripfeeding this information.

If one would just said that the game is being worked on without deadline set (this summer) no one would sit here and yell for updates.

It's all about managing expectations, and the expectations are huge because all these updates.

I think next time just work in silent and throw out a feature video of a few minutes on youtube like a week before update. Then you don't have to worry about manging the expectations of everyone.

I mean just look at AC EVO, not a single information out there. Lots of people are excited but no one is sitting there waiting for updates because there might not be any in a long time.

• Agree x 10
    • Like x 6
    • Disagree x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  8. DaveLew

DaveLew Member

So anyway...

How about those glowing exhausts, cool huh?

:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I heard there was one called Automobilista 2 v1.5.6.3 which according to a whole pile of people around here is absolutely amazing.

Is this a joke? They just announced a delay to Early access (which people have already complained about) and also announced some Gameplay trailer to be released on the 30th of September.

Anyway, here's my 2 cents.. I'd much rather they say "something" rather than "nothing until after release". And I am sure I am not the only one. Besides, you lot would complain either way.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

In Raceroom, you can drive the Porsche 992 GT3 on the Nordschleife (24h layout) for free atm. It‘s a leaderboard challenge, you can try to beat Tim Heinemanns Laptime (8:11 something).
    The tracks looks fantastic after the update & the driving also really, really good!

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

Is there any chance we will have a career mode in future?

12. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They said last December it was a target for some time in 2025

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

Oh that's good! I'm sure will be amazing!
    Secondly, i don't understand why people is so frustrating to get this update now as most of the cars you can drive with mods! I am already driving with Audi, Aston Martin, Lambo, Ferrari, Chevrolet, LMP2...there are mods for tracks as well.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I'm pretty excited for the new content for sure, but I'm more excited yet for the physics and AI updates from 1.6.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They look awesome

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Yeah, I’ve tried it, it’s brilliant but man that 8:11 time is blisteringly quick, at least for me anyway, I’m way off at 8:20

• Like Like x 2
  17. Nibi-Vr

Nibi-Vr New Member

It’s not difficult for me to wait a 1.6 update ,it’s difficult to wait a Alpine A424 ,because i ´m french and i would like drive A424 with VR :) on Le Mans ..just a dream for me :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

It’s a dream for Alpine too ;)

• Funny Funny x 10
  19. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Have you tried the Alpine A424 on LMU on the Le Mans circuit, it’s just been released. It’s not VR of course, yet, but that shouldn’t dampen just how brilliant the experience is in my view.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

We are still waiting for the DTM 2024/lamborgini that they announce month ago

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.