Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

Le man ultimate is my favorite sim ever. I don’t know if I am wrong but automobilista 2 and le man ultimate use the project car engine ?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

LMU uses the RF2 engine

3. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Oh yeah, I have 8:24 on my fastest lap in Raceroom, but with the Ferrari 296 GT3. With the Porsche, I‘m at 8:28, I‘m so slow :(

I‘m waiting for it, too. I will buy the pack instantly on release, to have a set of modern GT3 cars to race on Nordschleife :D

4. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

Anyone from beta: is the tyre sound when locking them changed?

5. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Personally I like have some news of whats upcoming. I would like more information about the development of the game, at least once a month.

I do think that not even a rough estimate of when an update will come would temper peoples expectations but even then the forum would be filled with 'when is the next update.' Post.

The game as is, is in a good state with plenty of content, enjoyable driving experience (for the most part) better than average AI, a custom championship mode, and no game breaking bugs although still a few small annoying ones.

I am very much looking forward to the update, but it comes when in comes, hopefully it will live up to and exceed expectations.

I hope that the impatience and negativity doesn't put Reiza off sharing what's upcoming.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  6. gmanhunt

gmanhunt New Member

Is it always like this? Only one proper update per year? And what's up with beta testing being so exclusive? Isn't it better to have more people try out beta versions of your game? The wait's been so long I went from hyped for IMSA content to apathetic. Reiza's bottled the timing so badly it's unbelievable

• Dislike Dislike x 10
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The betatesters and paddockmembers are doing a great job ;) Have patience and you will be amazed.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Release schedule:
    Around AMS2 v1.0, Reiza had weekly updates. After that, they moved on to having an update roughly every 2-3 months. This was the practice until March this year, when Reiza announced that they would switch to a longer release cycle to give them breathing room to make more major changes to the code.

Beta testing:
    Reiza has two, sometimes three levels of beta testing:
    1. Internal beta testers (employees). I think this number is around a few dozen?. These test continuously.
    2. Paddock Club members (early backers, as well as a second round of members that could join at a point when multiplayer testing was intensified). I think there are a few hundred members, maybe a thousand? These members can only test when there is a new Beta build, which typically happens a bit into each release cycle.
    3. Release candidate (available for everyone who wants to switch to the RC branch when it becomes availale shortly before release, typically a week before release). Potentially all AMS2 owners.
    To me it makes perfect sense to have a tiered system like this, as exposure is increased gradually as the code gets closer to release-ready state.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. J.Blum

J.Blum New Member

Anyway, we are above all human, and everyone has different expectations due to their own emotions. so whatever happens it won't work.
    the enthusiasm we have is the same as the developers, the only thing to do is to accept that.

Plato said that desire generates lack and this generates suffering or Schopenhauer who said that lack generates boredom.

What is certain is that we are incredibly lucky to have developers in front of us with such love for their games and who share it with us.

so let's just enjoy this

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Updates have been quarterly for a pretty long period now. This update specifically is much bigger than usual for the amount of content and the amount and magnitude of the changes to the infrastructure (AI, UI, MP, graphics etc.). Patience is required to everyone and we can confirm it is worth every minute of it and you will be able to check for yourself soon.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nibi-Vr

Nibi-Vr New Member

Hello,no i don’t play if is not with VR ,not possible for me after 2 years with VR (lol),and i don’t play lot of simgaming ,just play with AMS2 because i think is the better on vr playing :D..
    I Hope A110 gt4 come in AMS2 :): sifflet :

12. Nibi-Vr

Nibi-Vr New Member

My 2nd dream is Le Mans with no chicanes and A442 turbo :eek:ups:;)

13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

At least in the beta version, we really don't know as the Audio is still very much WIP. Certain aspects of the audio have received some very nice upgrades. At this point, there may be a few examples (Tire sounds) that work better than others, so it's hard to make a blanket statement regarding those, but there are positive signs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

There was opportunity for people to become beta tester during AMS2's early access period back in 2020, and another opportunity last year.
    Personally, seeing some people's attitude here in the public forum and some people's reaction whenever they find something they don't like in RC builds I understand developer's decision to limit the number of beta testers.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Well, what's certainly annoying is that this post finishes with the tease that there 'is plenty more coming over the next few days', which obviously hasn't come to fruition. I'd prefer it if they would just say next update won't be until mid October or whatever and then I can just forget about AMS2 until then. While certainly awesome as it is, I have plenty of sims so I don't want to play AMS2 currently it I know that an almost revolutionary upgrade is coming for it that changes how cars handle.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I'm as a demanding a diva as anyone here, but the blog was 11 days ago and last week there was the Overtake live stream - for sure that counted as 'the next few days'

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I'm pretty sure there as been no RC public beta since the introduction of the paddock club.

18. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

So why is the VR so much worse? I got a refund on LMU because it looks godawful in VR, whereas Rfactor 2 is pretty decent in VR but not on the level as AMS2.

19. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

Same here. AMS2 is my favourite sim but I won't touch it now till the 1.6 update is released. In the meantime I'll stick with ACC.

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because VR on LMU isn't officially supported (yet).

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.